The Problem I Have With The "CEO"

I love how people wait for Herman to lose a game then jump on " overrated train". That's today's sports fan.

Even though they don't know how ridiculous they sound. Herman has pounded Fsu and okl , lost two games out of twenty one .

Advertisement
Urb might call it his spread option offense because that's the kind of guy he is, but it's Dan Mullen's offense. Mullen created, installed, and ran that offense for Urb at Bowling Green, Utah and UF.

Urb's strength is leadership and being a boss. He's no technical wiz.

His offense has evolved since those days.

His coordinators influence the offense but his fingerprints are all over the offenses he coaches. Is he an architect? Maybe not, but he does what he has to do to get his offenses rolling without simply relying on his coordinators.

Ducking the Bucks: Inside the Evolution (and Oregonification) of Urban Meyer?s Ohio State Offense «

Urb might call it his spread option offense because that's the kind of guy he is, but it's Dan Mullen's offense. Mullen created, installed, and ran that offense for Urb at Bowling Green, Utah and UF.

Some truth here. Once Mullen left, Addazio couldn't do jack with Brantley.

But Urb goes out and strikes gold by pulling Herman out of nowhere when he gets to OSU.

But Urb goes out and strikes gold by pulling Herman out of nowhere when he gets to OSU.

Once Tebow left the UF offense floundered. Once Urban got to OSU he's had QBs who could execute at a high level.

Once Tebow left the UF offense floundered. Once Urban got to OSU he's had QBs who could execute at a high level.

Gotta remember that he won his first ship w that rapist Leakvwhobis anything but the kind of QB he likes.

Advertisement

How would you feel about Billy Gonzales as an OC candidate?

How would you feel about Billy Gonzales as an OC candidate?

Terribly.

There's not "some truth" there. There's all truth there. I know a dude who was at Bowling Green at the time, and Mullen was the architect of that offense. Meyer is no offensive technician.

I'd also add that most of the truly elite coaches -- Saban, Meyer, Patterson, Dantonio, Harbaugh, Petrino (I considered him elite even before this year), Peterson -- and even our own JJ, and Ericson, all had (successful) experience as HC's on teams where they didn't always have a built in talent advantage.

Outside of a brief one year stint at East Carolina, Richt has always been on a team where he had a recruiting and talent advantage. Yes, I understand UGA isn't exactly Alabama, LSU, or UF, but they aren't exactly Utah, Michigan State, Boise State, San Diego State, Stanford (at least before Harbaugh built them back up), TCU, Washington State, OK State, or Lousiville either. When you're at those schools, you have to consistently out-coach your opponents on a weekly basis.

And is the exact reason Herman is THAT Dude right now. That doesn't prove that Richt isn't a great coach; but i'm still looking for definitive proof other than a Bob Stoops like winning percentage that this guy can win a championship in 2016 on.

You keep mentioning Herman what the **** has he done.. 1 year of success doesn't mean ****. He wet the bed against Navy and his team is allowing over 29ppg. Again you guys crown anyone with a pulse. I don't even know why I wasted my breath is this wack thread. Don't respond to me continue with this wonderful thread.

Remember when you clinged to Alfred Golden with your dying breath then disappeared after being called out on it??

Safe to assume you're not the best at coaching evals

Advertisement

Gotta remember that he won his first ship w that rapist Leakvwhobis anything but the kind of QB he likes.

True, but Leak executed the offense. I did not mean to imply UF won only because of Tebow. Timmy only won one NC in his three years as a starter. Fair enough.

There's not "some truth" there. There's all truth there. I know a dude who was at Bowling Green at the time, and Mullen was the architect of that offense. Meyer is no offensive technician.

And Mullen is the poster boy for Head Corches.

Mark could be the QB coach and have heavy involvement in the offense. He could still bring in a "pro style" under center OC so long as they come from a Peterson type tree, or NFL system.

That would solve everything. Keeps Richt right in the thick of things, but strips him of play calling duties.

Why would it have to be a pro-style system? With the athletes that we have at our disposal in our backyard if we ran an uptempo spread type of offense, think Baylor, we would be unstoppable.

I agree. I just meant if Richt is adamant on running that offense. After all it is what he's familiar with.

I would take a Jedd Fisch/Richt combo any day of the week. Fisch was so under appreciated here. And with Richt's recruiting and Ajax ability, Fischs potential could be maximized.

I actually like this idea. I do think we could do better but I agree that Fisch was very underrated here. The guy had to be frustrated as **** answering to the biggest imbecile in P5. I think Fisch could be very good here with this staff under Richt. [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] nailed it when he said that there is nobody on the offensive staff to check or challenge Richt. We don't have any experienced play callers or bright offensive minds. Just a bunch of yes men. It is becoming obviously that Richt desperately needs an offensive wiz or a good experienced X's and O's guy to collaborate with or to defer to in order for this to work.

I'd never call Erickson an "elite" coach....

As for Georgia and recruiting, it should absolutely be able to get more quality players than Alabama, LSU and Florida. Georgia has more quality players in-state than Alabama and LSU every year and Florida has to share the top players with FSU and Miami....Georgia has to share with no one since GT seems to never get top players from the state.

Based on in-state talent alone, Georgia should always be a school vying for championships....

I'd also add that most of the truly elite coaches -- Saban, Meyer, Patterson, Dantonio, Harbaugh, Petrino (I considered him elite even before this year), Peterson -- and even our own JJ, and Ericson, all had (successful) experience as HC's on teams where they didn't always have a built in talent advantage.

Outside of a brief one year stint at East Carolina, Richt has always been on a team where he had a recruiting and talent advantage. Yes, I understand UGA isn't exactly Alabama, LSU, or UF, but they aren't exactly Utah, Michigan State, Boise State, San Diego State, Stanford (at least before Harbaugh built them back up), TCU, Washington State, OK State, or Lousiville either. When you're at those schools, you have to consistently out-coach your opponents on a weekly basis.

Advertisement

And Mullen is the poster boy for Head Corches.

Not saying he's wrong, but Mullen wasn't the OC at Bowling Green. He didn't call plays if I recall correctly.

His offense sucks now.

Advertisement
Back