The Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If Manny runs the gauntlet with the Portal which is highly likely expect the bish A@@ hoe A@@ NCAA to make changes to help the SEC

You act like Miami is the only team benefitting. 80% of college programs are probably in favor of it, and as big as the SEC is, these decisions are made by the entire NCAA membership. It's not going anywhere

We are becoming second chance U for defensive players. Why not. Manny has had good luck with the transfers on defense.

Advertisement
I disagree. We need to just load the **** up on talent no matter what. This portal **** really speeds up the rebuilding process. If Tyson Campbell and Surtain announced they were transfering back home, id do backflips and take them back instantly. When we start winning championships again, we can start playing hardball. For now, lets take what we can get. Its like the guy that hasnt gotten laid for 10 years turning down some fine ***** cus she chose another guy over you before. You can have pride, but somebody else is just going to benefit and **** her.
Good you didn't hold a grudge...

Can you imagine if someone created a "Spouse Portal"?!? :p

d47cWZX_d.jpg

Advertisement
One thing I would like Manny to implement: The Portal will be used for non local players only.

If you're in our backyard and you stiff us or chase bags, then **** you. The door is closed. We will not be your fall back. You only get one chance to be a part of this U if you're local. Lil *****.

This doesn’t make sense and sounds like something a jaded lover would say. If Stevenson or Juedy wanted to transfer back to Miami we’d be idiots to say no, part of the reason we haven’t been good in 17 years

I’ll be the first to admit I was totally wrong about the portal. I thought it would be us fighting tooth and nail for a player like Lorenzo Lingard for example to then lose them the next year because other schools are recruiting him still. Little did I think how much it would benefit us from schools who sign a billion 5 stars and In a year or two they want out.

This is very similar to the NCAA Basketball transferring situation which has been going on for years, tons of movement. So I don’t think this will change.

You realize we can take grad transfers again next year, right?

You realize that if we take 25 GT a year we only have 25 kids on the roster once the underclassmen depart?

We can't take too many GTs especially if they only have 1 year left. We are already playing at 80 this year. Spicer, Few, Murphy, James, Atkins don't count! Taking transfers like Martel, Bolden, Martin, Hedley are fine as they have 2-4 years to play.

Advertisement
This doesn’t make sense and sounds like something a jaded lover would say. If Stevenson or Juedy wanted to transfer back to Miami we’d be idiots to say no, part of the reason we haven’t been good in 17 years
You guys w the jaded lover analogies killing me.

Anybody w an ounce of real pimping running through their veins knows you don't fall in love a *****. I kid.

Anyway, I disagree. Part of the reason we've been no good the last 17 years has little to do w turning away great players or playing hardball w certain recruits. You think we would ve been any better last yr w Trevon Grimes or Tim Irvin or Jordan Cronkrite? We love to whine about the great players we lost but fail to talk about the great players we had. Certainly far superior than the records of the teams they played on. Weve had poor coaching. That's why we sucked.

Besides, I already acknowledged, it needs to be on a case by case basis, but the Jeudys and Stevensons of the world will never enter the portal anyway.

I’ll take that action for the amount of your choice.
The portal always existed..players always did it and informed coaches.

Only difference this year is the media hears about it and it's not behind the scenes. NCAA can't stop ppl from transferring

Advertisement
You guys w the jaded lover analogies killing me.

Anybody w an ounce of real pimping running through their veins knows you don't fall in love a *****. I kid.

Anyway, I disagree. Part of the reason we've been no good the last 17 years has little to do w turning away great players or playing hardball w certain recruits. You think we would ve been any better last yr w Trevon Grimes or Tim Irvin or Jordan Cronkrite? We love to whine about the great players we lost but fail to talk about the great players we had. Certainly far superior than the records of the teams they played on. Weve had poor coaching. That's why we sucked.

Besides, I already acknowledged, it needs to be on a case by case basis, but the Jeudys and Stevensons of the world will never enter the portal anyway.

What I meant was this type of thought process is going to hurt us more than help us at getting good again. If there is a stud SFla player who signs elsewhere out of college and in a year or two for whatever reason wants to come home and it makes sense you don’t say no because you came in 2nd a few years back

What I meant was this type of thought process is going to hurt us more than help us at getting good again. If there is a stud SFla player who signs elsewhere out of college and in a year or two for whatever reason wants to come home and it makes sense you don’t say no because you came in 2nd a few years back
Stud South Florida players are taking bags left and right at bama and UGA

They are signing and waiting to play at bama every year.

If 5 star transfers want in we take them. every **** time. ***** South Florida divas that burn us every year on signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back