The portal wave was overhyped....

Advertisement
I feel u Op, the way it was hyped up.. u would thought mahomes was gonna be in there, lol..

First window is always the move, at least we got our QB.. if we grab a RB and we this go around we did good..

That safety room never gonna get right, I guess that's what we get for Ed and Sean back 2 back

Advertisement
I feel u Op, the way it was hyped up.. u would thought mahomes was gonna be in there, lol..

First window is always the move, at least we got our QB.. if we grab a RB and we this go around we did good..

That safety room never gonna get right, I guess that's what we get for Ed and Sean back 2 back

Ya it was hyped up across CFB as “it’s going to be crazy!” But so far these NIL collectives/financiers have really stepped to the plate in prioritizing keeping good talent on their teams. The proportion of scrubs-to-studs available isn’t good.

Still time for kids to jump in this portal but why Miami didn’t go “all in” in the first portal window is beyond me..
Weren't sure if they had a true QB1. Without one we would of had no chance of winning therefore cutting off the funds for top players in the portal.

All schools going all in is due to them believing they are playoff contenders OSU, Ole Miss, Oregon and Texas

Weren't sure if they had a true QB1. Without one we would of had no chance of winning therefore cutting off the funds for top players in the portal.

All schools going all in is due to them believing they are playoff contenders OSU, Ole Miss, Oregon and Texas
I don’t agree with this theory nor strategy. It’s year 3, time to win some games. They could have gotten difference makers in December.

Advertisement
I don’t agree with this theory nor strategy. It’s year 3, time to win some games. They could have gotten difference makers in December.
They screwed themselves by going all in on Ward. They literally had no other option at QB to be more than an 8 win team even if they got upgrades other places. There was no good QB left in the portal or on our team. IF you were a big booster for UM why would you give Mario money to give to top portal guys if the max return on investment would have been most likely an 8 win team I know I wouldn't invest if that was the case.

Not sure why Miami was thumping chest on that one. Not saying we will not get some guys, but they were talking about multiple elite moves.

1000036349.gif

Advertisement
Not pertaining to Miami but just in general. We’ve been hearing for weeks it’s going to be a crazy transfer portal. I’m confident we’ll get our guys but the way the people on the recruiting websites were hyping it, it seemed like there was going to be a huge wave of high level starters leaving. Not really seeing that.

Advertisement
Not pertaining to Miami but just in general. We’ve been hearing for weeks it’s going to be a crazy transfer portal. I’m confident we’ll get our guys but the way the people on the recruiting websites were hyping it, it seemed like there was going to be a huge wave of high level starters leaving. Not really seeing that.
Crazier than a normal spring is how I understood it

Pate made some comments and then everyone ran with it like they knew what was up imo

There are some very good players who take their time to make the best decision for them - and not get in a fizz to rush and make their deal.

Seems there's always a late, late surprise - on every deadline, and that would include The Portal.

Advertisement
Back