The pointspread didn’t move

Advertisement
That Jarren starting has more long-term ramifications on our success than opening week. And the sharps want more due diligence on Jarren since the line didn’t move whatsoever yet clearly him starting has a major impact on the game.
I said this in another thread. Enos and Manny making this decision makes me feel they're taking the long view rather than deciding for a single game.

Pinnacle and many respected outs didn’t move the spread. ****, they didn’t even budge the vig after the announcement of Jarren starting.

Kind of surprising us naming a starting QB had no early effect on the line.

You've been around gambling for a long time, brother.

Deep down, you knew before today...it didn't matter to the spread. They are just a bunch of unknowns to Vegas.

To be fair, if Miami named Kosi the starter, I would have wagered Florida would have gotten another half point or more.

Deep down, you knew before today...it didn't matter to the spread. They are just a bunch of unknowns to Vegas.

To be fair, if Miami named Kosi the starter, I would have wagered Florida would have gotten another half point or more.

Not really. Maybe a half a point, I won’t dig my heels in on that. But honestly, not really. Manny and Enos said all camp there wasn’t much separation, every media member said the same....Vegas agrees. They’re a TD favorite whoever starts at QB for Miami.

Advertisement
Not really. Maybe a half a point, I won’t dig my heels in on that. But honestly, not really. Manny and Enos said all camp there wasn’t much separation, every media member said the same....Vegas agrees. They’re a TD favorite whoever starts at QB for Miami.

I just do not think much of Kosi, brother. Smart money would have flooded the Gators if he was named the starter, IMO. But its a moot point...was just a passing comment.

Well there we have it: HUGE two point move on the Under. Didn't go from 50.5 to 50. Or even down to 49.5. Straight jumped two full points to 48.5 across a key # in 49 (multiple of 7 in football = key #).

line move.png

No, I really did expect the line to go to -7.5 if Jarren was named starter. It certainly wasn't going to move in our favor. Vegas/offshore/sharps have the same intel as everyone about Jarren. The scant few videos of Jarren that Manny allowed to come out of practices ran with a secrecy that would make Kim Jong-un proud would not inspire anyone to suddenly hammer Miami. If anything, it'd be a bias against a true freshman starting his first game on the road, at night, on ESPN college Gameday, that would move that number IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah; I doubt Vegas budge & why should they? Both Tate & Jarren r unknowns w/ meaningless football snaps, and Perry was a train wreck last yr. Vegas is going to go w the team that’s coming off a bowl victory, and returning their QB. I have no issues w their odds; but they’ll be having an issue w all the fans who bet Miami, though.

Advertisement
Well there we have it: HUGE two point move on the Under. Didn't go from 50.5 to 50. Or even down to 49.5. Straight jumped two full points to 48.5 across a key # in 49 (multiple of 7 in football = key #).

View attachment 93267
Same, mine jumped all the way to 48.5 as well. Spread at +7 at -105 this morning and ML has readjusted back down to +215, interestingly.

Not sure when it happened, but the line on my book has moved to +7.5 at -110 and the moneyline is at +245. Under is now 47.5.

I have 7.5 -110 now too. Prob a couple sizable bets on -7 so they bumped it up a hook. Doubt it gets to +8 but if it does I’ll be on it. Already have under 50.5

Advertisement
Back