The past is the past. We aren't good.

T

Taverndrunk99

It's time to just come to terms with reality. We aren't good anymore. We had a good run. 20 years ago. To keep thinking things "are going to change" year after year when they don't.. is just crazy.

Yes if we hold on long enough hoping "this is the year" one year we will be right. Eventually. And wohooo! National champions 2076!

Realize this... we have not been relavent in 15 years! 15 years!!!!!!! Let that sink in.

Appreciate the past. Cause that may be all we have.

Advertisement
It is all we have. Nothing "may be" about it. Anyone who says this program can even be competitive again just ****es me off. It's never going to happen.

Official bagman of the WEZ

It is all we have. Nothing "may be" about it. Anyone who says this program can even be competitive again just ****es me off. It's never going to happen.

You kidding me? of course we can be competitive. I'm not saying dynasty but we can be competitive

What's crazy is how quickly I got over this loss.

Last week hurt for a while. But as ****** as today was (for a lot of reasons), I'm not even mad anymore. I'm so used to it I can't even trick myself to think "this is crazy" or "something's not right."

It's just Miami football and college football season. This is how it is.

Very true Vice. I can remember when I used to literally punch holes through the wall when we lost, and now I don't even care. I expect it.

The funny thing is, in a way this is how they trap us, a few good years and then we are hooked for life. We spend our entire lives giving our time and money to a business that may never return on our investment. See the Chicago Cubs. In the end they don't have to, because they know they have us...and we will always hope next year will be different

Last week hurt for a while. But as ****ty as today was (for a lot of reasons), I'm not even mad anymore. I'm so used to it I can't even trick myself to think "this is crazy" or "something's not right."

Advertisement
Go back to the tavern. Then when you're there, read about the fall and rise of Alabama and USC.

Advertisement
We expected to lose some this year!
We know the roster lacks depth..
I'm on to VT... the Team needs to show some fire. We came out Flat and NC came in playing for their lives.. we need to do that every game!! The great teams always do

The defense is pretty good this year; good enough to make the Canes "competitive." And that's saying something given the amount of time they spend on the field. Richt meeds to shuffle some personnel on offense.

Very true Vice. I can remember when I used to literally punch holes through the wall when we lost, and now I don't even care. I expect it.

The funny thing is, in a way this is how they trap us, a few good years and then we are hooked for life. We spend our entire lives giving our time and money to a business that may never return on our investment. See the Chicago Cubs. In the end they don't have to, because they know they have us...and we will always hope next year will be different

Last week hurt for a while. But as ****ty as today was (for a lot of reasons), I'm not even mad anymore. I'm so used to it I can't even trick myself to think "this is crazy" or "something's not right."

Not for life.

It starts slowly.. not getting as upset over losses. Over time it progresses to not going to games. Then DVRing games and watching whenever. Eventually you stop doing even that. I just went thru that cycle w the dolphins.

Advertisement
I think fans are sick and tired of losing to weak *** ACC Coastal teams. We haven't beaten FSU in forever and it is frustrating. It doesn't end Miami should not lose to NCs, Pitt, and FSU every single year.

We the fans don't have anymore patience we are done with patience but let's look at the real culprits here. The ones that brought you Coker, Shannon, Folden and Dorito. Donna Shalala runs The Clinton Foundation that is all you need to know about why we are in this position. Poor coaching choices and refusal to spend money on quality coaches and facilities. Now it will take a year or two to dig us out of this dumpster fire,

I am just tired of it as a proud Canes fan. I went to OB from 85-94 watching Canes not lose a game! Not a single game at home in that span now we have 2 in a row already and it sucks!

7-5 or 8-4 is the realistic record from the jump.

If they can get to 9-3 with a bowl win that would exceed expectations. 8-4 and a bowl Is the expectation. Everyone is just threw and over with this sh*t. Richt needs some time to build it back but he needs help on the offensive side. A poster mentioned that he misses John Lilly that whole Lilly deal turning down the job was weird. I mean he is a redneck hick and may not like it down here but strange loyalty is big with coaches.

If not Lilly bring in someone to help game plan and work the film room. Same O staff next year means we are in serious trouble.

Advertisement
We expected to lose some this year!
We know the roster lacks depth..
I'm on to VT... the Team needs to show some fire. We came out Flat and NC came in playing for their lives.. we need to do that every game!! The great teams always do

Did not expect great things this year. We need to give Richt some time to build his own team. I expect only 2 more wins this season. I just hope we get recruits that we need.

Go back to the tavern. Then when you're there, read about the fall and rise of Alabama and USC.

Throw in Oklahoma, Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan etc etc....

Look at Washington right now.

Our fanbase is a giant facepalm

(Richt needs to figure out his offense ASAP that goes without saying)

Advertisement
Back