The Opening Miami: Live Thread Updates

Advertisement
Advertisement
I may have missed it but how has no one talked about that 44.4 vert????? WTF!
I know this sounds crazy but we already knew he could do that because he did it last year too. What’s really crazy is that he went from a 4.56 to a 4.4 flat.

It’s actually pretty simple

Offer, previous ranking, and measurables matter a lot more than people think at these events because it represents growth and how you can translate in pads. So what does that mean? They combine this with on the field play and you end up with Henry Gray being invited over Francois because his offer sheet looks better than his and he’s considered a top 150 guy.
Those kids got phone calls to ensure they showed up because they were told they had Finals invites. I saw a kid last year not even compete and win a Final invite. He did maybe 2 of the tests and no 1 on 1's. They know before they get there. Doesn't matter how hard you work out there. They've already made their selection.

Those kids got phone calls to ensure they showed up because they were told they had Finals invites. I saw a kid last year not even compete and win a Final invite. He did maybe 2 of the tests and no 1 on 1's. They know before they get there. Doesn't matter how hard you work out there. They've already made their selection.
^ Essentially this. Guys still work out to get invites later.

Advertisement
Is Don a high school junior? Correct me if I’m wrong but I think he is....and I said he probably expects a high school junior to run a 4.3 to be a good time. Doesn’t matter who it is.
That wasn’t what he was saying tho. He was just saying as good as a 4.55 is for a HS Jr, it’s actually a slow time for this guy in particular bc he’s actually faster. The 40 inch vert and 4.1 shuttle would back that notion. 10.8 hundred has nothing to do with with the 40. 100’s are for long speed. Vertical leaps, shuttles, and 40’s are explosive burst short area quickness speed. The 100 reference is for the other poster that said something about where his 40 time should be not you.

Last edited:
Lmfaooo some guy asked if anyone was on commit watch at a camp
What’s funny about that? Walker and the CB from IMG could be. Any recruit that was feeling like pulling the trigger may wanted the camp platform to do it on. Kids commit at the opening every year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cavazos and his pops love Manny Diaz. Pops and Manny have known each other for awhile and all he does is rave about Manny in his interview. Idk if we’ll get him but we’re definitely in this big time. Hopefully Riggins can help get him here.

Advertisement
Back