The Opening 7 on 7 Tonight! 8PMET ESPNU

You know what would be great?

Hearing this play by play:

Kaaya hands right to Yearby, he flips it back to Gibson, Gibson running left, stops, he looks up, he's got Coley downfield!!!! Touchdown Miami!

Lay off the crack

It may be wishful thinking by why you gotta do me like that bruh? Can't we all imagine the best scenario with the elite guys involved all in one play. Smh

Advertisement
Read the ESPN Insider Article on the Elite 11

Day 1 Notes Elite 11

- Gibson had the worst accuracy and delivery of the QB group but his athleticism is apparent.
- Oregon QB commit Travis Waller had the slowest release and wind up delivery of the group.
- Rosen and Barnett looked good.
- Brandon Wimbush and Deondre Francois have had the best arms on day one.

Seems like every year at the opening someone blows up this year it sounds like Sam Darnold.

Gibson on recruiting
"If I don't visit Ohio State this summer, I'm going to take an official visit to Ohio State," Gibson said. "I want to take an official visit to Arizona -- Arizona is showing a lot of interest in me. I'm taking a visit to Tennessee, and that's it for right now."

Last edited:
Gibson way too raw as a QB. Would take a few years for him to be one. Would need a good qb coach. He could be an elite receiver if he put his mind to it.

Advertisement
Gibson way too raw as a QB. Would take a few years for him to be one. Would need a good qb coach. He could be an elite receiver if he put his mind to it.

You realize he's still in HS right? His best position for an NFL future is likely WR, but to say a kid is too raw before ever really getting coached up is a bit of a stretch.

You realize he's still in HS right? His best position for an NFL future is likely WR, but to say a kid is too raw before ever really getting coached up is a bit of a stretch.
He is raw have you not seen him play ?

He is raw have you not seen him play ?

I understand that, but at the same time, has he been coached up at the QB position? Can his deficiencies be fixed with coaching and better fundamentals. Again, I am not disagreeing that he's likely a better WR than QB, but that doesn't mean he can't grow and develop into a QB.

Advertisement
Hey, playing for Rich Rod at Arizona makes sense. Great track record of developing athletic yet raw QBs in his system.

I know he hasn't been coached up yet. But as a QB he is still very raw. It's not a knock on him. If he stuck to receiver he could probably play right away and would be a very good one. But he will take some time as a qb. Needs to develop. Just like their is other prospects who are more ready, their is raw prospects too. Gibson don't get me wrong, could end up being a great qb but it will take time.

Elite11 ‏@Elite11 5m

First #Elite11 finals rankings:

1.@Jarrett_Stidham
2.@DrewLock23
3.@josh3rosen
4.@BlakeBarnett_8
5.@RBrand16
6.@R_Bowers12
7.@BrandonW_7
8.@traviswaller11
9. Sam Darnold
10.@Deondre_3
11.@BradyWhite223

Advertisement

I know he hasn't been coached up yet. But as a QB he is still very raw. It's not a knock on him. If he stuck to receiver he could probably play right away and would be a very good one. But he will take some time as a qb. Needs to develop. Just like their is other prospects who are more ready, their is raw prospects too. Gibson don't get me wrong, could end up being a great qb but it will take time.

Agree with you, and if Gibson came as a QB he would likely redshirt and hopefully sit a redshirt freshman season behind B. Kaaya.

A few blurbs from 247's Luke Stampini...

- Roquan Smith, a four-star LB from Georgia, will take official visits to Georgia, Florida, and UCLA. Smith hasn't decided where he'll take his other two trips, but says Miami has been pressing hard for him lately. Plans to take his recruitment deep into the process.

- Four-star LB Quarte Sapp says he knows he'll take official visits to Miami and UCLA.

- Four-star WR Jovon Durante, a West Virginia commit, is wearing a Miami hat en route to The Opening. Which means absolutely nothing. But whatever.

- When asked by a Michigan State fan about Jordan Scarlett's potential interest in the school since he was spotted wearing MSU clothing, Stampini said, "Seems like Miami is the team that is trending though."

http://247sports.com/Article/29490309/Contents/The-Opening-Player-Check-In-News-Notes-29490309

Last edited:
Gerry Hamilton

#ESPN300 TE & Texas A&M #GigEm commit Jordan Davis said #Texas & #Miami are still working hard to get him to reconsider.

Advertisement

Day 1 Notes Elite 11

- Gibson had the worst accuracy and delivery of the QB group but his athleticism is apparent.
- Oregon QB commit Travis Waller had the slowest release and wind up delivery of the group.

Seems like every year at the opening someone blows up this year it sounds like Sam Darnold.

Gibson on recruiting
"If I don't visit Ohio State this summer, I'm going to take an official visit to Ohio State," Gibson said. "I want to take an official visit to Arizona -- Arizona is showing a lot of interest in me. I'm taking a visit to Tennessee, and that's it for right now."

Did Auburn stop recruiting Gibson?

Seems crazy now that Zona is on his radar. I think its a good spot for his talents but seemed like he had better options before.

Day 1 Notes Elite 11

Gibson on recruiting

Seems crazy now that Zona is on his radar. I think its a good spot for his talents but seemed like he had better options before.

he DID, but decided to continue being a diva & playing the waiting game. other QBs committed to other programs, leaving him with less & less options than he originally had

Day 1 Notes Elite 11

Gibson on recruiting

he DID, but decided to continue being a diva & playing the waiting game. other QBs committed to other programs, leaving him with less & less options than he originally had

so his list of top 68 has been chopped down you say?..

Tennessee seems like they want him the most...they want a Ole Miss type of recruiting class to swing things back around and will do anything to get any 5 star on board.

Advertisement
Back