The Onion moves to Trailerhassee

More than likely he's getting paid by his contract from UCF still so he can't take a on field coaching gig till that runs out...

Yes, was going to post this but you covered it. My understanding in general is that there is a duty to mitigate owed by the departed coach to his former university; likely some contractual language to that effect.

So, even though FSU may not be paying him anything close to what he was making at UCF, at the end of the day Shannon is still likely putting something close to that amount in his pockets.

PS. Read somewhere that Shannon’s UCF contract was extended through January 2022, so it would appear any UCF payment obligations would (normally) terminate at that time.

Advertisement
Pretty funny that they are hiring a guy who said "a groin is a groin" as an analyst.

Watch their sleigh ride tackling technique take off.

Many college contracts offset salary provided the departed coach lands an assistant position. Getting paid as an off-field analyst at another program would not count and therefore is incremental income on top of what UCF is paying him.

Makes sense financially but the destination leaves much to be desired.

Hope he didn’t get hired cause they thought he could help with recruiting...Boy are they in for a surprise.

Advertisement
Randy has mastered the game. He's perpetually employable.

I do miss him waxing poetic on the Joe Rose Show. Never forget he called two of our running backs "butt buddies."

"Lower extremity injury".

"Guys are flying around".

"Trying" to do things. Whatever it was, we were always "trying" to do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1617667419537.png

Advertisement
The chest-thumpers in this thread have me dying.

Like all of you wouldn't go work for the dude who you caught banging your wife if he paid you enough money.

Jerome Brown would slap him LMAOOOOOOO. Some of y'all gotta really hang out on Earth once in a while.
Are you tryna suggest your wife is priceless?

I don’t get some of the comments here. Didn’t we just hire Shoop as an analyst? Doesn’t Saban hire nfl coaches as analysts? Analyst isn’t a bad job and it’s not an assistant assistant job. And it can be a coach in waiting job. Randy is well suited to the role, imo. It’s about scouting opponents and breaking down film and assisting in game planning. He’s got a ton of relevant experience and has seen a lot of coaching styles.

Gotta be honest here while I get most comments are in jest I never understood the dislike for Shannon, he was a good man that represented us well, he wasn’t a good HC, but that’s not his fault, we hired him.

Advertisement
Back