The Official What is going on with 2017 CB recruiting thread

Looks like major college programs are starting to see what I've seen all along with Brini. It's a little odd that they're just now seeing it after offering him earlier in the process.

Me and you been the only guys consistent on not wanting Brini. Been trying to tell them all for months
Yep. Everyone got sucked in by his height and the UGA offer.

And that UGA offer wasn't too legit either. Was more about James Coley trying to make a "splash" down here with a 4-star prospect with a name.

Heard they dropped him

Advertisement
Looks like major college programs are starting to see what I've seen all along with Brini. It's a little odd that they're just now seeing it after offering him earlier in the process.

Me and you been the only guys consistent on not wanting Brini. Been trying to tell them all for months
Yep. Everyone got sucked in by his height and the UGA offer.

And that UGA offer wasn't too legit either. Was more about James Coley trying to make a "splash" down here with a 4-star prospect with a name.

Heard they dropped him

Collier offer coming? Or they just feel like they can hold off and get him whenever?

He was a safety at best. Long speed is so-so as his best 200m was 23.73 and he would never run a 40 at any combine.

Advertisement
Thought Edwards was a S.

Miami was recruiting him as more of a cornerback who they thought could also play free safety. But they really like his length/cover skills at corner

So has the ship on Edwards completely sailed?

Kids are finicky, was probably riding the Ville ranked playoff hype because he felt like he wouldn't play CB here. Herman spanked that Ville A and the real recruiting season is almost here. Don't think it's over yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It amazes me that a university in our location is struggling to recruit CBs.

This obsession with 6' guys that can run is absurd. Give me a 5'8", 5'9" guy who plays aggressively. They ALWAYS make the best corners. SoFl is chock full of them.

It's early but this all feels just like the last regime on the recruiting front.

So a guy that's won 150 career games, came from the SEC, brought an SEC caliber staff with him, is turning the U around, building a new IPF, located smack dab in the prime land of high school football, recruited nothing but top 5-10 classes at UGA, etc comes and has no effect on recruiting over a guy that had a losing record, literally had a high school level staff, and ran a defense that a kid with Down syndrome could tell you was ******* insane...

There's WAYYYY more to recruiting than what people seem to think. Look at this prime example of the effect money has on recruiting.

Albeit 8-9 wins this year is nothing different than previous years, so I'll hold onto some optimism that winning really will change things. If we go 10-2 or 11-1 and stuff still looks the same this is a point blank fact and it'll never change until our bagmen get some deeper pockets

Advertisement
It's early but this all feels just like the last regime on the recruiting front.

So a guy that's won 150 career games, came from the SEC, brought an SEC caliber staff with him, is turning the U around, building a new IPF, located smack dab in the prime land of high school football, recruited nothing but top 5-10 classes at UGA, etc comes and has no effect on recruiting over a guy that had a losing record, literally had a high school level staff, and ran a defense that a kid with Down syndrome could tell you was ****ing insane...

There's WAYYYY more to recruiting than what people seem to think. Look at this prime example of the effect money has on recruiting.

Albeit 8-9 wins this year is nothing different than previous years, so I'll hold onto some optimism that winning really will change things. If we go 10-2 or 11-1 and stuff still looks the same this is a point blank fact and it'll never change until our bagmen get some deeper pockets

I'm hoping that with a strong close we finish strong but so far it seems we are loosing steam on a 3 game win streak. I keep telling myself that it will be different because under Randy and Golden, while we won 8 or 9, we always fell apart in November. Hoping this is different and the results in February are also different.

This once again isn't for the weak. Some of you guys every year whine about the same thing and never learn about what recruiting is all about which is why everything bothers you. This staff know wtf they're doing after decades upon decades of recruiting all over the Power 5 so they'll get the job done

Advertisement
Back