The Official What is going on with 2017 CB recruiting thread

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
Obviously CB is a huge position of need over the next two cycles both 2017 and 2018. Golden is long gone and Richt has done a decent job for the most part his first year here. We have a brand new defensive scheme which has done wonders for that side of the ball despite a mostly pedestrian secondary. Despite a 4 game losing streak in which we could have very well have won 3 there has been a very positive feeling surrounding the program. We have a huge "Help Wanted at CB" sign and offer the opportunity for talented CB's to play immediately or at the least early and often. We recently had 3 very promising prospects in Bandy, Edwards and Henderson committed to play CB. As of right now that has been cut down to 1 as Trajan Bandy remains the only commitment at CB with the decommitments of both Edwards and Henderson.

I understand that these things happen and are to be expected in the crazy world that is college football recruiting but something doesn't quite add up. With a new upgraded head coach and staff and a new emphasis on an aggressive playmaking defense it would stand to reason that we would have a few high end CB prospects on board 3 months before signing day given our dire need at the position. What exactly is the situation here? I would like for Pete, D$, GEO and anyone else to weigh in on this. Why are we having such a difficulty recruiting this position? Where exactly do we stand with the players who recently decommited? Who else is on our CB board and how good are these prospects? These are all things I would like to see discussed in this thread.

Also it has been mentioned that Deejay Dallas could come in as a CB. Is this still the plan? Right now we may only have Bandy in the fold at CB. What does the board think a realistic 2017 CB class would or could consist of? Any late additions to the CB board? Is Shawn Davis a take? Will we flip Brini? Could we get Henderson or Edwards to recommit? Discuss.

Advertisement
Brini - still not a take at the moment. He's a flip if they want him. (Brini not a take by any major programs right now is what I've been told)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marco Wilson?
Kaheem Roach?

Seems like we know they are recruiting Collier and Henderson still

Who else is committed to another school that they would want?

Advertisement
Brini - still not a take at the moment. He's a flip if they want him. (Brini not a take by any major programs right now is what I've been told)

What happened there? At one point, he was a take for both us and Georgia. Better prospects became available? Or did we both just cool on him?

Better prospects available is really same dam thang as cooled on him. If Miami can't get someone they like better they be circling around back to Brini soon enough. He plan B.

Wasn't Bandy supposed to lock in Henderson and Edwards to this class? Seems like it had the opposite affect.

Advertisement
Looks like major college programs are starting to see what I've seen all along with Brini. It's a little odd that they're just now seeing it after offering him earlier in the process.

What else do you expect from kids who have been pimped, traded, sold, whatever to the highest bidder or person will will let them get away with anything since little league football?

Looks like major college programs are starting to see what I've seen all along with Brini. It's a little odd that they're just now seeing it after offering him earlier in the process.

Me and you been the only guys consistent on not wanting Brini. Been trying to tell them all for months

Me and you been the only guys consistent on not wanting Brini. Been trying to tell them all for months
Yep. Everyone got sucked in by his height and the UGA offer.

Advertisement
Back