The official UF throws puss game 2

Taking McMahon out isn't a blunder. It's February and he was almost at 100 pitches. The blunder was letting Gates single-handedly blow the lead as though we had no other pitchers in the bullpen.

Advertisement
Three unproductive at bats to end the inning after Toral’s leadoff single

Advertisement
Advertisement
UF was grasping at anything to give them life all night... getting into it with Toral after a standard slide into second, getting into it with Lala for driving back into first during a pickoff, Dalton talking to the ump a couple times... UF was shook after a three game losing streak. But then we GIVE them the life they needed. Hopefully it's a one inning thing and it hasn't woken them up a bit and given some confidence.

Exactly; way too many LOB and missed opportunities to put them away in 6th and 7th.

Advertisement
This was a game they let get away from them. The guy going for Florida tomorrow might be the best pitcher for Florida as well. I really like Leftwich. Getting one was nice, but you've got to beat the man to be the man.

Also, the best thing you can do is put Jagr on ignore. It made reading this thread so much more enjoyable.

Advertisement
Have to hope it’s just one of those nights because Mixon, Keysor, and Gates all struggling is deeply concerning for the backend of the bullpen. I still think they’re good pitchers, but you need to see them do it at this level.

I hope tonight was an anomaly for the bullpen, but it looks like it's going to be a work in progress.

Advertisement
Back