*******THE OFFICIAL NJSTATEOFMIND OT THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That is the problem with mangoes. They are good but if you have a tree it’s going to be far too many and you can’t give them away
My wife and I have given them to friends and family over the years, some come by and pick them up from the house. I've on occasion let my son set up on the road to sell'em.

He is absolutely adorable!

Kenneth wants to cuddle with him.

I don’t know if my wife agrees, but I don’t mind Kenneth cuddling with him. I have to be there though... while we’re at it we can have a bite to eat at Son Cubano in North Bergen and hangout in Edgewater.

Advertisement
View attachment 68620
I have 6 five star excellent mango trees, all fiberless and top notch ... this is a Beverly, my late season variety.
Had a mango and avocado tree in our back yard when I was a kid. Not sure what type the mangoes were but they were bigger than the one in your pic and had a lot of red peel. Used to pick the avacados off the tree and eat them like apples. FL avacados are way better than the Haas.

That is the problem with mangoes. They are good but if you have a tree it’s going to be far too many and you can’t give them away

This is my current curse. A tree that machine guns the ground with mangoes. Hurricane last year did me a favor and knocked one down. A gift and a curse.

Had a mango and avocado tree in our back yard when I was a kid. Not sure what type the mangoes were but they were bigger than the one in your pic and had a lot of red peel. Used to pick the avacados off the tree and eat them like apples. FL avacados are way better than the Haas.
I have a friend that lives in Homestead who has a bunch of different avocado trees and gives be fruit all the time. However, Haas avocados because of their texture and flavor make the best guacamole. I've tried to make it with the large type Florida fruit and it doesn't come out the same.

Sounds like Haden Mangoes...

Advertisement
I have a friend that lives in Homestead who has a bunch of different avocado trees and gives be fruit all the time. However, Haas avocados because of their texture and flavor make the best guacamole. I've tried to make it with the large type Florida fruit and it doesn't come out the same.
Haas Avocados blow Fl Avocados away...not even close...

I prefer the FL sliced and eat "raw". It's also difficult to determine when they're ripe. Have to agree that the Haas are better in guacamole. I believe the Haas are what most Mexican restaurants use for their guac.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I use Mangoes in some Dishes at the Restaurants I oversee...Usually on Specials...I put them into a Food processor, and make a coulee with alittle sugar and lemon juice, to make a coulee bed for Fish (Snapper etc...)

Love me some Mangoes...but Love other Exotic too semi Exotic fruit...Kiwi...Carembola (star fruit) etc....I let the Pastry Chefs under me play around....Tarts are amazing with Exotic fruits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back