The Official Mark Dorito Houston Defense Thread*************

Arizona is rather one dimensional. If I recall the nightmares correctly Al and Donuts beat GT more often then not. Wait until Houston plays Louisville. Lamar Jackson is great, and can make good defenses look bad, but he might have 600 yards and 60 points all by himself.

Advertisement
Most of these Houston kids are probably still playing with a Herman mentality, but it is only a matter of time until Dorito works his magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shame he and Patrick Nix couldn't have corched here together.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
The above quote should be condemned as hate speech.

Nix and Donofrio as coordinators for the same team? Seriously could you imagine what that would look like? LOL Offense would average 12 ppg and Defense would allow 38 ppg. Just think what the TOP would be.
Dude, can you believe, we, the University of Miami, have had two WOAT candidates as coordinators in the last decade?

The two of them together, it would have felt like William Wallace's "purification" scene in Braveheart.

Arizona is rather one dimensional. If I recall the nightmares correctly Al and Donuts beat GT more often then not. Wait until Houston plays Louisville. Lamar Jackson is great, and can make good defenses look bad, but he might have 600 yards and 60 points all by himself.

He had the 600 yards in yesterdays game.

Advertisement
Over/Under is a drop of 25.5 spots in total defense and 23.5 spots in scoring defense.[/QUOTE]

Over and I'll wager my life

Not enough of a bet!

Keep in mind that Arizona was 3-9 last year and two of those wins were Grambling and Hawaii and they were down 21-3 to Grambling when their QB got hurt.

More and more I'm thinking this defense was really Golden's and D was following orders. No wonder Golden wouldn't fire him.

Advertisement
More and more I'm thinking this defense was really Golden's and D was following orders. No wonder Golden wouldn't fire him.

The defense did look a little better after Golden was fired (except the UNC game), but you have to imagine NO D runs similar crap.

The frog stance is Alive and well. Also the edge defenders/ OLBs are tilted in with back towards sideline. Lol what a joke

I hate NoD as much as the next guy but this hasn't been the **** show I expected and hoped for tonight. We are in the fourth and they have given up 300 yds and 13 points. If anything this makes Golden look worse which I didn't think was possible.

I think any sane person would have told you that his defenses at Houston would be markedly different than at Miami. It's why many Miami fans missed the mark when they would lay blame on donofrio for our defensive woes. It was all Alf's mess of a defense and donofrio was just following orders. That said, he's still no good as a D.C.

Whether or not our D was Alfonso's or his mess, or some mixture of both, he'd be clinically insane to not have a markedly different approach in Houston, because he experienced a case study in what doesn't work.

What's crazy about NoD3P0, is if you talk to HS coaches and other peers of his, most will tell you that the guy knows his stuff, but what he would say offline and what he was doing in game never reconciled. That gives credence to Alfonso shouldering a lot of the blame, at least initially. Sticking with it so long, IMO, is on both of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back