The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

Advertisement
Kind of like pretending that it's not understood that we need to recruit blue chip players no matter where they come from.

Hyperbole doesn't make you sound any smarter. You don't have to have an unlimited budget to find players in the year 2019. You don't have to fly to watch kids in person.

It's not hyperbole, dish!te, it's reality.

Here, take a look at our baseball staff.

https://hurricanesports.com/coaches.aspx?path=baseball

By the time that you reach our FOURTH coach, HE'S A VOLUNTEER. So we have 3 salaried coaches. This isn't football. Setting aside YOUR HYPERBOLE about flying to watch kids, there simply aren't enough hours in the day to review film from kids all over the country. And there is nowhere near the "Miami is my dream school for baseball" aspect to allow us to find interested kids all across America.

And, sure, you chose to focus on the "scouting" side of my comments, while you completely ignore the RECRUITING budget. Scouting is heavily limited by the manpower issue, but recruiting is limited by the rules and by budgetary issues. How many kids do you think we can fly down to Miami for visits? The total number of official visits you are allowed per year is 25. And top schools (such as Miami) are always recruiting kids who may very well go in the MLB Draft, so you burn up some of your official visits on kids who get drafted.

So just cut the crap with your pie-in-the-sky vagueness about "we should recruit nationally". ALL of the schools in Division I baseball face these same practical limitations, and Miami's limitations are made worse by the sky-high tuition cost.

****, just name all of the NCAA Division I baseball programs that "recruit nationally" and that you believe we should emulate.

I'll wait.

Advertisement
Top 50 wins was, of course, retroactive, as it constantly came up to defend 2016 while trying to forget 2017-18.

Advertisement
It's not hyperbole, dish!te, it's reality.

Here, take a look at our baseball staff.

https://hurricanesports.com/coaches.aspx?path=baseball

By the time that you reach our FOURTH coach, HE'S A VOLUNTEER. So we have 3 salaried coaches. This isn't football. Setting aside YOUR HYPERBOLE about flying to watch kids, there simply aren't enough hours in the day to review film from kids all over the country. And there is nowhere near the "Miami is my dream school for baseball" aspect to allow us to find interested kids all across America.

And, sure, you chose to focus on the "scouting" side of my comments, while you completely ignore the RECRUITING budget. Scouting is heavily limited by the manpower issue, but recruiting is limited by the rules and by budgetary issues. How many kids do you think we can fly down to Miami for visits? The total number of official visits you are allowed per year is 25. And top schools (such as Miami) are always recruiting kids who may very well go in the MLB Draft, so you burn up some of your official visits on kids who get drafted.

So just cut the crap with your pie-in-the-sky vagueness about "we should recruit nationally". ALL of the schools in Division I baseball face these same practical limitations, and Miami's limitations are made worse by the sky-high tuition cost.

****, just name all of the NCAA Division I baseball programs that "recruit nationally" and that you believe we should emulate.

I'll wait.

Most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states. If the new narrative is that we're too poor to do anything, just tell us to lower the standard and stop expecting to compete for championships.

You weren't defending 2016 in the middle of 2016. You needed that after the Omaha performance, then you needed it badly in 2017-18.

Advertisement
We have 28 kids from Florida, and one each from four other states. Three of those out of state kids do absolutely nothing for the program.

That round goes to Jagr. Again.

Yeah, the top 50 win thing was definitely brought up AFTER the Omaha disaster. That was when we learned that the postseason is random. Miami was great because of the regular season but anything can happen in that darn postseason. Of course, that was back when the postseason was a thing at Miami.

We have 28 kids from Florida, and one each from four other states. Three of those out of state kids do absolutely nothing for the program.

That round goes to Jagr. Again.

The top programs in the big 3 talent states simply do not have that many kids from other states.

UCLA has exactly one player from outside California.
Texas only has 5 from out of state (two from Florida).
Florida only has 5 too (two from Venezuela).
Florida State only has 3.

I even checked Georgia who is probably #4 in talent or is at least one of the next group of very good states.

Georgia only has 4 players from outside the state.

What you are claiming is simply untrue.

The programs that recruit "nationally" by your standard are either elite private schools who need to expand their applicant pool or schools in places with no talent. Sometimes both.

Advertisement
That was a quick turnaround from the claim that we do a great job of finding kids in several states.

1. We do a great job of finding players from several states.

After facts blow that up......

2. No one in Florida has guys from several states.

Jagr by knockout.

That was a quick turnaround from the claim that we do a great job of finding kids in several states.

1. We do a great job of finding players from several states.

After facts blow that up......

2. No one in Florida has guys from several states.

Jagr by knockout.

I never said #1 and the claim that we recruit nationally and the top programs in Florida don't have a lot of out of state kids aren't mutually exclusive.

You didn't even land a punch.

Jagr: Most of the top baseball programs do a great job of finding kids from several states.

Andy: As do we.

Also Andy: The top programs in the big 3 talent states simply do not have that many kids from other states.

Thank you for the blowout win.

Advertisement
Back