The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

Advertisement
"There was nothing wrong with relying on JUCOs to fill all the gaping holes."
"We are better with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores."

Funny.

The Freshmen and Sophomores are really good.

Not just any kid instead of JUCOs.

I'm not the dogmatist on this one. That's you.

Advertisement
Then do a better job of recruiting so that your choice isn't "any kid" or "Brandon Gali".

This is the most honest thing you've ever said.

Stop complaining about recruiting strategy when, in reality, the only thing you can reasonably say is that we should recruit better players.

That's it.

Recruit more ballers.

That has always been the complaint. Recruit better players. I haven't said anything different. Landing freshmen > putting a band-aid on the roster with a bunch of JUCO guys. Notice how that was never done before or since at that magnitude. They panicked and they know it was a mistake.

Oh, and recruiting better players includes taking a look outside Miami-Dade on your own without waiting for out of state kids to contact you first.

Advertisement
So you actually didn't understand that it's given that Miami needs to recruit good players no matter what.

I know I own this conversation when it always comes back to semantics.

There's nothing embarrassing except for the guys they put out there to break a 44-year postseason streak.

Advertisement
So you actually didn't understand that it's given that Miami needs to recruit good players no matter what.

No, it's a given that anybody who wants to be successful has to recruit good players.

You're saying the same thing but being dishonest and trying to claim that the strategy needs to shift from South Florida to national.

Jagr stressing the importance of Q1 wins:
I am jumping for joy that we swept a top-150 team. Now about Quadrant 1.

Jagr responding to the fact that we were #1 in the country in Q1 (top 50) wins in 2015-16.
Top 50. Keep repeating that. Top 50 teams. That’s what you’re hanging your hat on. ****, we’re almost top 50 the past two years and we’re simply terrible.

:****:

Advertisement
Jagr stressing the importance of Q1 wins:

Jagr responding to the fact that we were #1 in the country in Q1 (top 50) wins in 2015-16.

:****:

He just picks and chooses whatever he can to bash the team, even if its completely contradictory.

I mean this is a guy that complained the entire 15 and 16 seasons. He clearly had something happen to him that makes him hate Miami baseball. It's really weird, his entire life revolves around hating this program

He just picks and chooses whatever he can to bash the team, even if its completely contradictory.

I mean this is a guy that complained the entire 15 and 16 seasons. He clearly had something happen to him that makes him hate Miami baseball. It's really weird, his entire life revolves around hating this program
Dude he is a Gator troll, what do you expect?

Miami is "stuck" with the ACC co-leader in HRs.

Toral didn't hit during his senior year of high school either, so this wasn't just a college transition thing. This was an example of committing to a guy way too early and then being stuck with him.

The problem is that relying on Perfect Game gives you a Yonder Alonso clone who hits singles and strikes out a lot.

Miami is "stuck" with the ACC co-leader in HRs.

haha I didnt even realize he said that. Referring to Toral as a guy who only hits singles shows he hasnt even seen a single game this year, or even read a box score.

Toral is 5th in the country in home runs

Advertisement
Back