The official board of angry patrons versus Jagr thread

15 Programs made it to Omaha 3x or more since 2008, which was Morris' worst stretch.

Miami at 3x is tied for 4th best with 8 other teams.

Only 2 of these schools are private. Vanderbilt provides universal scholarships; thereby, eliminating the 11.7 scholarship constraint. TCU faces the same constraints that UM does.

During Morris' worst stretch, Miami was top 15 in baseball. Mind you that we are picking his absolute worst stretch.

The team is now ranked #20 with stellar recruiting classes that have yet to matriculate. UM's "formula" undoubtedly works. There is no reason to change it. Miami with 25 total CWS appearances is second best to Texas' 36 appearances. If the scholarship limits were equal, I would venture to say that Miami would be second best to USC.

USC has won 12 titles overall. It is a private school and much wealthier than UM. Since the NCAA implemented the scholarship limitations, USC has not been to Omaha since 2001, and has been to Omaha 4x in the past 43 years (counting 2019).

CWS Appearances School

7 Florida
5 LSU
5 North Carolina
4 Virginia
4 Arkansas
4 Florida State
3 TCU
3 Cal State Fullerton
3 Louisville
3 Miami (FL)
3 Oregon State
3 South Carolina
3 Texas Tech
3 UCLA
3 Vanderbilt
2 Arizona State
2 Mississippi State

Advertisement
Nope. Recruiting blue-chip players nationally involves identifying actual baseball players. I have said this many times. We just accept Perfect Game's evaluation of south Florida guys. Still no answer as to why recruiting south Florida has resulted in 3 regional titles in 10 years.

Advertisement
"We failed so badly at recruiting that we missed two straight postseasons."

Response: why are you obsessed with 2012? And what about Rob Cooper?

Too easy.

Advertisement
No one even mentioned 2012, but of course "you're obsessed with 2012", right after he used the 10, er, 9 year period from 2008-2016, conveniently leaving out the two worst failures.

And sorry if I'm slow to respond. I'm enjoying reading your past goofs.

In Steve Trimper's second year they have a top five RPI and will host for the first time ever. I wonder if it has anything to do with coaching.

If you're a coach at another school, you only need to have one good year and it's because of good coaching.

The rest of the time?

2017: 27-29
2018: 48-11
2019: 16-19

Losing seasons.

But he had one fluke season so it's coaching!

Jim Morris wins a single game in Omaha in ten years = "small sample size"

But look at Steve Trimper in 2019!!!!!

Too easy.

Advertisement
No one even mentioned 2012, but of course "you're obsessed with 2012", right after he used the 10, er, 9 year period from 2008-2016, conveniently leaving out the two worst failures.

There was no convenience at all.

The claim is correct regardless of if its 9 or 10.

Jim Morris wins a single game in Omaha in ten years = "small sample size"

But look at Steve Trimper in 2019!!!!!

Too easy.

No.

Trimper's whole career sucks.

In 20 seasons as a head coach, he's made the tournament 3 times.

In 3 years at Stetson, he will have had one winning season.

But it was his coaching that got them one fluke season in 2018.

You're sure of it.

Yes, the claim that in some random nine year period, Miami made it to Omaha three times. That, of course, has nothing to do with anything being discussed, but it was correct, once you finally figured out how to calculate the number of years.

Advertisement
If the recruiting has been fine, why did we stop winning regionals?

Response: Steve Trimper!!!!

You really can't script this.

So the updated list is....

Rob Cooper
Greg Lovelady
Tracy Smith
Mike Martin
Mervyl Melendez
Jay Johnson
Mark Kingston
Steve Trimper

Last edited: