Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because there isn't **** else happening info wise, I'm going to jump on the name schtick. Except I'm going to put a military spin on it with rank and last name. I'm sure some of the other military guys have some funny instances too.

We had this private whose last name was Sergeant. So, you know his platoon sergeant and first sergeant would just yell, "Sergeant get your *** over here" or "What the **** are you doing Sergeant" to the whole unit or in the general area. You'd have every Sergeant, Staff sergeant and Sergeant First Class looking around wondering if he's talking to them or the private. Privates try to keep as low a profile as possible and he became the most famous private because the NCOs could **** with each other and him. ****, he was always looking around when another Soldier would start addressing his/her Sergeant in a conversation. "Sergeant, you wanted to talk to me?" and this kid would look around and be like, ****. It sucked for him.

I also ran into an officer whose name was Dorko. Sucks on the surface but his rank really sold it; he was a Major. He had to go through 10ish years of his career answering to Major Dorko.

Advertisement
so realistically, will we have a full staff by spring? we not only have to hire an OC, WRC/QBC, maybe a new RBC? depending on what the OC wants and on D - DBC?, LBC, maybe other changes too?

Yup. So that takes Tuesday off the board. I’ve got a few work meetings on Wednesday so idk if he’d do it on that day either.

What does everyone’s Thursday look like? I’m pretty open so maybe we announce then if you’re all available as well?
i got some bloodwork in the morning and gotta swing by Target for some returns so doubt it'll be Thursday. Friday is right before the weekend and he can't take away from the 1st weekend without football so next Monday I suppose.

Advertisement
Andy Reid. Did you see what he did last night
500EEA5A-29B8-4E52-8156-DB2568C93AA6.gif

Last edited:
As a few people have said throughout these multiple threads, IDGAF how long he takes to make a decision as long as it works out

Small sample size at Miami so far and I give him a slight pass for last year just because he had so much to do in a short time…Guidry was a great start to this year, so I’m still sitting here feeling optimistic but also acknowledging there’s some odd things going on for sure

This is honestly one of the most rational posts I've ever seen on this board, however you ****ed it up when you didn't end it with a period

Because there isn't **** else happening info wise, I'm going to jump on the name schtick. Except I'm going to put a military spin on it with rank and last name. I'm sure some of the other military guys have some funny instances too.

We had this private whose last name was Sergeant. So, you know his platoon sergeant and first sergeant would just yell, "Sergeant get your *** over here" or "What the **** are you doing Sergeant" to the whole unit or in the general area. You'd have every Sergeant, Staff sergeant and Sergeant First Class looking around wondering if he's talking to them or the private. Privates try to keep as low a profile as possible and he became the most famous private because the NCOs could **** with each other and him. ****, he was always looking around when another Soldier would start addressing his/her Sergeant in a conversation. "Sergeant, you wanted to talk to me?" and this kid would look around and be like, ****. It sucked for him.

I also ran into an officer whose name was Dorko. Sucks on the surface but his rank really sold it; he was a Major. He had to go through 10ish years of his career answering to Major Dorko.
The other day CE came to our unit the fix a door. The guys name was El*ockholder. I thought someone put a fake name tape on his uniform but nope it was actually his name 😂😂

Advertisement
If you thought we had an issue recruiting outside WRs before, wait till they get a look at that offense when they come out to spring practice.
Isaiah Hodgins was pretty good for them at WR. To be fair I don't think Oregon State is landing top tier athletes on offense

Advertisement
so realistically, will we have a full staff by spring? we not only have to hire an OC, WRC/QBC, maybe a new RBC? depending on what the OC wants and on D - DBC?, LBC, maybe other changes too?
That's what I'm saying we need to hire like 8 assistants by then lol, they better move their asses

Advertisement
Isaiah Hodgins was pretty good for them at WR. To be fair I don't think Oregon State is landing top tier athletes on offense
Perception matters. Mario is already fighting it. If WR recruits come out to spring ball after whatever sell job Mario has been giving them and see that many under center snaps from an OC we know none of them have ever heard of it'll be a wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back