Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They would quickly realize how foolish they are because CT is a Defense smoker.

He is the type of OC that Okie State’s Mike Gundy will hire and then another big time program will poach from them after a couple of seasons.

I watched a few of their games this past season, Taylor is the goods! He sequences his play calls very well. I would love to hire him and would take him over many of the names that have been mentioned.

I think the optics would keep us from seriously considering him as a candidate, we too big of a program and have too much money at our disposal now to make a hire like that.

at this point i wouldn’t be disappointed if Mario brought back Joe Moorhead. he’s a better option than the names being floated around. his game against Ohio State was one of the best called games i’ve seen in a while. college or pro. also a scheme TVD would do well in.

eww lol run game is cool but I dont like that offense...the barely threw to the outside receiver

Advertisement
With all these other interviews/meetings, I probably missed it but maybe he is vetting better this time than he did with Gattis??

Advertisement
Where is all the Applewhite chatter coming from? His name picking up momentum?

Footballscoop...but they also had Nussmeier at one point. Could have been a smokescreen or maybe he did interview over the weekend. My hope against hope is that since Applewhite and Mullen had Johnson as their OC, Mario's still doing due diligence vetting him.

Advertisement
Can I ask a racial-ish question? Applewhite is a fairly common last name, but why aren't there any Appleblacks? Seems pretty racist if you ask me.
Confused Katt Williams GIF

You guys don’t get it. For the millionth time, nobody worth a **** wants to come here as the OC. It doesn’t matter if we’re paying $2M/year. Lower your expectations for an up and comer from a lower level, and you’ll be pleased. If it’s some washed up retread well then…..we’re fooked.

Advertisement
The longer Mario drags this out the more opportunity he provides candidates that interviewed leverage to get promotions/bonuses/extensions from their current employer

I’m gonna tell my employer that since Mario hasn’t hired an OC yet that I need a raise. Will report back tomorrow

Politics
Another guy out there that’s out of a job and itching to work that would come here and tear it up…

Nick Rolovich

Obviously has a cloud over his head due to a lawsuit against Wazzu’s AD. I can’t fault him for standing his ground in that situation. He proved to be in the right. Luckily Miami is a private school and has more leeway on those things.
I'd hire him just due to his stance on the jab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back