Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Would like to see us take a flyer on Bradbury Robinson. That's the next level innovation we need in Miami.

at this point i wouldn’t be disappointed if Mario brought back Joe Moorhead. he’s a better option than the names being floated around. his game against Ohio State was one of the best called games i’ve seen in a while. college or pro. also a scheme TVD would do well in.

Did you just assume Jack was a man?

Are you telling me I just ate transgendered cereal this morning?

Awkward Season 3 GIF by The Office

Lance Guidry made $204k from Marshall in 2021. I couldn’t confirm 2022 salary or what Tulane agreed to pay him.

Let’s say Miami is paying him $800k, there should be a crap ton of money to get whichever OC we want

Advertisement
If it's Applewhite I'm done with Mario. That would be a lazy and atrocious hire.
Any clue what happened to Applewhite? He used to be a huge name and was viewed as one of the top up and coming offensive coaches in college football. He gets the Houston HC gig after he was the OC while Tom Herman was HC and gets fired after going 8-4, the following season Houston went 4-8 and had one of the worst offenses in college football. He then cannot get a job anywhere until he gets a crappy G5 OC gig with South Alabama where he took over an offense scoring 19PPG and after his second season had them scoring 31PPG. South Alabama total offense was 116th in the country when he took over and last season it was 38th.

Advertisement
I'm sure he collaborated with Briles, Applewhite was the OC and play caller while Tom Herman was there and they were productive. Applewhite offense at Texas was horrible though so that's concerning but it was like 10 years ago.

The difference between Applewhite and Brile’s offensive rankings are so significant, there’s almost no way Applewhite had anything to do with Briles.

Especially when you look at all of Briles’ other stops, and the huge immediate jumps in offensive production. Then compare that to Applewhite’s stops.

Lance Guidry made $204k from Marshall in 2021. I couldn’t confirm 2022 salary or what Tulane agreed to pay him.

Let’s say Miami is paying him $800k, there should be a crap ton of money to get whichever OC we want
Doesn't always work like that unfortunately.

Stop. Has nothing to do with salary structure. This is about conveying to someone "hey, we are serious about you, we are committing resources, there was a reason we got rid of Gattis, you are no Gattis, we will do whatever it takes to communicate the sincerity of our interest in you".

There's no coaching salary cap. Pay Johns enough money for him to seriously consider leaving Duke.

No I won't stop. That is ridiculous. Offer him a competitive salary if he wants to come, which can certainly be more than Duke but not so out of whack that you are paying him as much as some head coaches.. You don't want to be setting up a precedent like that for future hires. It's still a business at the end of the day and not the Fed.

Advertisement
The difference between Applewhite and Brile’s offensive rankings are so significant, there’s almost no way Applewhite had anything to do with Briles.

Especially when you look at all of Briles’ other stops, and the huge immediate jumps in offensive production. Then compare that to Applewhite’s stops.
According to your football outsiders Applewhite was 32 and 53 as OC with Houston, Briles was 26th in 2018.

It’s not about the money. After 6 weeks I thought it would be obvious lol

Advertisement
Can I ask a racial-ish question? Applewhite seems to be a fairly common last name, but why aren't there any Appleblacks? Seems pretty racist if you ask me.

No Orangewhites or Orangeblacks. No Bananawhites or Bananablacks.... Apples seem to be the only fruit getting respect (and only the white ones, at that).

No I won't stop. That is ridiculous. Offer him a competitive salary if he wants to come, which can certainly be more than Duke but not so out of whack that you are paying him as much as some head coaches.. You don't want to be setting up a precedent like that for future hires. It's still a business at the end of the day and not the Fed.
Cant Stop Old Lady GIF by Bounce

According to your football outsiders Applewhite was 32 and 53 as OC with Houston, Briles was 26th in 2018.

Right.

In one off-season Briles took it from 53 to 26.

There’s no reason to believe Applewhite had anything to do with that.

Go look at FAU before Briles, with Briles, after Briles.

Go look at FSU before, with, after.

Then look at Applewhite.

There’s no reason to believe Applewhite had anything to do with it. Houston’s improvement is a constant pattern with Briles. And an outlier under Applewhite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back