Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Zero chance everyone is happy with the hire, no matter who it is. There’s always 20% at least that hate whatever moves are made.

You can make SOME of the fanbase happy ALL of the time or ALL of the fanbase happy SOME of the time but you’ll never make ALL of the fanbase happy ALL of the time.

Streeter/Dawson seem like the best of the he options that Mario is realistically looking at.

Let’s all try to get excited about it ‼️😂
So you’re just going to discount the fact that the person who usually winds up with the job has come out of left field?

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
If we hire Major Applewhite you won’t see me here again until Mario Cristobal is fired.

Please don’t be true.

People, supposedly in the know (Posters, Ruiz), have said 'we'd like the hire', 'he's a QB coach', and 'don't worry be happy'.

I wasn't opposed to Major Applewhite in the past, but he doesn't strike me as the guy Mario hired after those statements.

To me, it has to be a more prominent and well-liked/respected name along the lines of Dorsey, Mullen, Kingsbury, or possibly Frost. All of whom either played QB and/or specialize in coaching the position; and, if you narrow it down even further there's really only one sure-fire candidate that will calm nerves of EVERYONE (including mouth-breathing fringe lunatics) within the fanbase.

I know some posters who follow coaching religiously will say more names fit that picture, but I don't believe those statements were made for y'all.

Of all the smoke out there these statements are the least revealing and quite possibly the most reliable.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Probably in minority but give me Streeter over Dawson, would be underwhelmed with either though. I know our QB play would be good and we’d atleast be competent (low bar I know) on that side of the ball. Plus he has big time QB development to sell to recruits. Again, either would be a disappointing for me honestly. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Both would be better, but like many have said, I know that’s unlikely.
"If" those are our 2 choices after all this time, that'll tell me all I need to know.

Well my Enos joke aside which seems some weren't too fond of :ROFLMAO:

A few SEC OCs that are at schools paired with WR coaches that may recruit well enough for the standards of Cristobal:

Joey Halzle OC/QB & Kelsey Pope WR - Tennessee
Kirby Moore OC/QB & Jacob Peeler WR - Mizzou
Kevin Barbay OC/QB & Chad Bumphis WR - Miss St
Charlie Weis Jr OC/QB & Derrick Nix WR - Ole Miss.

Barbay, Moore, and Halzle fit Mario's love for taking people recently hired to their coordinator role. :ROFLMAO:
Derrick Nix is my cousin. I don't think he would leave there unless it's a OC gig.

Just finished Clemson vs Syracuse and if the rest of the season is anything like this Clemson biggest issue isn't play calling it's DJ Uiagalelei, he struggles to see the field, misses open guys, holds on to the ball too long and pocket presence.

Watch 8:30 to 9:35

Advertisement
"If" those are our 2 choices after all this time, that'll tell me all I need to know.
Sadly, this is pretty accurate. I guess the dream of someone like Garrett Riley will never come true but if Mario was truly sitting on his hands the last 3 months and only started the OC search after Gattis was fired then I really don’t know what to say.

There’s just no way Dan allowed him to operate like that even if he forced it on Mario.

These pieces just aren’t adding up.

Sadly, this is pretty accurate. I guess the dream of someone like Garrett Riley will never come true but if Mario was truly sitting on his hands the last 3 months and only started the OC search after Gattis was fired then I really don’t know what to say.

There’s just no way Dan allowed him to operate like that even if he forced it on Mario.

These pieces just aren’t adding up.
It's beyond comical. This late in the game, and OCs are telling Mario, Thanks, but No Thanks...

Advertisement
Can someone tell me where Jeff Lebby is?
peter greene gimp GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back