Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey arnold nickelodeon GIF

Advertisement
With the amount of time it took to fire Gattis I don't understand why it seems like we started the process of finding the replacement the day Gattis got fired.
I know that can't be true. I'm sure that process was already started but just seems like it should have been a lot further along given how long it took to fire him.

My best guess is that Gattis was fired for cause from what we've heard on here. If that's the case, Mario may have been advised to hold off for legal reasons so not to have it thrown back in UM's face in any possible discovery down the road.

Advertisement
Gaby saying Campanile from the Dolphins is a name that he’s hearing for the DC opening
So MC would potentially be able to replace a DC within a few days but it takes months to find his OC? JFC this keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Advertisement
The issue I have is the ppl labeled “mopers” have no problem when Mario does something right and give him credit for the same. However, the “slupers” are so deep in that they consider any criticism outlandish and “hate for Mario”

You’re right the process may not end in trash but going off last year, we realize taking all these time doesn't guarantee a great hire!
Eff it.
I embrace the label.
Full mope until I can't be and will take alllll the L's I need to.
You're right - when Mario does something good, will love it and credit him - no problemo.
Can't/ Won't quit this sickness, so I am a twisted panty. effeminate whatvever names Mopes get called.
Mario's a fraud like that last 2 decades worth*, until proven otherwise. (Rekt is a minor blip - great coach past his prime and health issues)

So MC would potentially be able to replace a DC within a few days but it takes months to find his OC? JFC this keeps getting weirder and weirder.
If the Candle smoke is legit ( 😂) Mario being stung along for a second time

Advertisement
That's what I've been commenting about today. At some point the brain trust has to take over, otherwise you look like a fool running a multi-million dollar business. I thought part of the reason Dan was hired was to keep the program from looking foolish and to begin acting like a "big boy" program once again. There may have been buy-outs or contractual things going on through this process which negated anything being done quickly, but why not come out and provide some type of explanation or at least some vague support of what is going on behind the scenes. I get the "they don't owe the fanbase anything," but common sense says you're hurting your entire process/program with the lack of urgency and we already have seen how it's impacted some of the recruiting. Whatever... I've been a fan since 1983 and I'll continue to be a fan but this is whole process has been questionable.

Advertisement
Gaby saying Campanile from the Dolphins is a name that he’s hearing for the DC openi

Would depend on how bad the Palmetto or 95 traffic is on all the trips south Campanile would have to make for the endless interviews.

Last edited:
I have no issue with the radio silence when it comes to names being rumored. I have major problems with how long this thing takes. It took 3 months to fire Gattis, WTH, I can't believe it would have had any negative impact on recruiting, it probably would have helped to delay it that much. Now we have two coordinators to hire, this will be forever. I would joke and say well they will be in place by the spring game but I'm not giving Mario that much credit.
Playing devil’s advocate, and I am not a lawyer like the rest of the degenerates here, but when you’re seeking to fire someone with cause, I believe there is a process. Not sure how much Mario is at fault or not with the situation but it’s understandably frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back