Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when do we all just jump on the arroyo and coley boat?

Advertisement
The issue I have is the ppl labeled “mopers” have no problem when Mario does something right and give him credit for the same. However, the “slupers” are so deep in that they consider any criticism outlandish and “hate for Mario”

You’re right the process may not end in trash but going off last year, we realize taking all these time doesn't guarantee a great hire!
Not all the mopes. There’s an extreme wing that does the same **** as the relentless slurpers.

That makes a lot of sense. He was highly regarded at Michigan and BC. He comes from a strong coaching family and was known to be a good recruiter
Could he be someone Mario is eyeing to fill Strong's position as Co-DC/LB? Have a hard time seeing him hiring a first-time DC... Although, I know nothing about this guy, and could be the second coming of Mike McDonald for all I know.

Gaby saying Campanile from the Dolphins is a name that he’s hearing for the DC opening
Wouldn't mind this actually. Not my first choice but could be a solid up and comer. Younger guy, only 40, and has coached in college on the offensive and defensive side of the ball and been a position coach in the NFL for a couple of years. Not the "proven DC" guy most of us are looking for but could be a gem.

Advertisement
Could he be someone Mario is eyeing to fill Strong's position as Co-DC/LB? Have a hard time seeing him hiring a first-time DC... Although, I know nothing about this guy, and could be the second coming of Mike McDonald for all I know.
I'm guessing he would be DC and LB which would then pave a path for DVD to come on field. Not that I'm endorsing DVD for an on field role as I have no idea about his coaching abilities. But it would fit.

That's what I've been commenting about today. At some point the brain trust has to take over, otherwise you look like a fool running a multi-million dollar business. I thought part of the reason Dan was hired was to keep the program from looking foolish and to begin acting like a "big boy" program once again. There may have been buy-outs or contractual things going on through this process which negated anything being done quickly, but why not come out and provide some type of explanation or at least some vague support of what is going on behind the scenes. I get the "they don't owe the fanbase anything," but common sense says you're hurting your entire process/program with the lack of urgency and we already have seen how it's impacted some of the recruiting. Whatever... I've been a fan since 1983 and I'll continue to be a fan but this is whole process has been questionable.
This is the reason why I think it is more along the lines of guys really just don't want to come be under Mario. It's been stated several times that he has a reputation as not being the easiest to work for. Coupled with the fact that offensively, at least, it's been said that he is stubborn in his ways regarding philosophy and that he may be the type to breath down your neck while you're trying to do your job and this all seems like the most plausible explanation as to what's going on.

Advertisement
Playing devil’s advocate, and I am not a lawyer like the rest of the degenerates here, but when you’re seeking to fire someone with cause, I believe there is a process. Not sure how much Mario is at fault or not with the situation but it’s understandably frustrating.
Lucky you.

Advertisement
This thread and all others are littered with conjecture and speculation. No one knows WTF is going except those directly involved in the “process”.

Agree. Although is pretty clear Gattis was on his way out and Mario either 1) didn't have a plan OR 2) had his eye on a few folks that fell thru. I'm guessing/hoping #2 is what happened

Lmaooo can’t wait for all the fanboys to make it seem like everyone was out of line whenever Mario makes his hires. How hard is it to acknowledge the process isn’t as amazing/thorough as you like to make it seem.
the process might be fine. it might be that Mario can't get guys to say yes.

So MC would potentially be able to replace a DC within a few days but it takes months to find his OC? JFC this keeps getting weirder and weirder.
Tbf to Mario, I believe Campanile's name came up last year as well when we were looking for a DC but Steele fell thru.

Advertisement
I have no issue with the radio silence when it comes to names being rumored. I have major problems with how long this thing takes. It took 3 months to fire Gattis, WTH, I can't believe it would have had any negative impact on recruiting, it probably would have helped to delay it that much. Now we have two coordinators to hire, this will be forever. I would joke and say well they will be in place by the spring game but I'm not giving Mario that much credit.
hard to disagree. any day this popped over the last two weeks you might have said ok it took long but we got a decent OC. now its just getting absurd. whomever we get better be good. this extreme foot dragging doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in my opinion.

Eff it.
I embrace the label.
Full mope until I can't be and will take alllll the L's I need to.
You're right - when Mario does something good, will love it and credit him - no problemo.
Can't/ Won't quit this sickness, so I am a twisted panty. effeminate whatvever names Mopes get called.
Mario's a fraud like that last 2 decades worth*, until proven otherwise. (Rekt is a minor blip - great coach past his prime and health issues)

You may be mopey, but you're no moper. You have 1000 posts in about 10 years. The true mopers make 1000 repetitive mopey porsts in the span of a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back