The nobody gives a crap update

If we finish 8-4, we're going to find out just how serious UM is about football. If they fire him at that point, it'll be a positive sign that they're serious b/c a lot of administrations might be reluctant to make a change if we finish the season on a 6 game win streak. Obviously, who the **** knows if we make it to ACCCG or a bowl game, but I think we've seen enough at this point to suggest a change is warranted and needed, regardless of how the season concludes. IMO, upgrade any time you can.

There is in a single administration in America that would fire head coach riding a six or seven game winning streak

Advertisement
I don't think any rational person wants to extend him or keep him around. But if the bigger and better thing happens (Blake getting fired), any AD is going to want to come in to make an assessment before letting the guy go. Unless the new AD is somehow tied to a specific coach and they are a package deal, I think it would be pretty unusual for a guy to come in and the first thing he does is fire the football coach. So, let's say Mario says no, you have to let the AD do his thing. I don't want Manny around after this season any more than the rest of us do but that may just be the reality if it means Blake is fired.
I don’t think they’ll hire an ad before manny gets fired. I don’t think they’ll run the risk of manny getting a reprieve

Blake made a terrible decision to hire him. Blake being gone doesn’t change the on field coaching so I am not in this boat of as long as Blake is gone Manny will be Saban.
Oh believe me, that's not what I'm implying at all. Manny needs to be gone immediately for being totally incompetent. I just don't think it happens as quickly if a new AD is in place. Just guessing based on how things have gone in the past that Manny would get to at least start as the head coach next season and see where things go from there. If they truly are ready to play big boy ball then that goes out the window of course but I'm very skeptical of that at this point.

Advertisement
even if we somehow won out w an acc title and ny6 bowl win, he'd have to explain why the recruiting class is trash
But look, the thing is that I don't believe these kids we're recruiting think we will win the ACC title. EVERYONE is expecting us to drop at least 1 of our next 4...and if it happens, the ship sinks and CMD won't have anything to explain anyway lol.

But if go get the Ws the next 4 weeks and Pitt loses one, UVA loses one.....we're in an ACC title game that I just can't us losing, regardless who we play (including Clemson somehow finding a way to get there).

Kids temperature on our team will be significantly different than it is right now....of course we lose the battles vs UGA-Bama-OhioSt etc.....but those in-state kids wanting to go to Gainesville/Tallahassee and some of those others like Auburn, Ole Miss, Penn State, Wisc, LSU will not be taking very many kids from us. We need the James Williams and the Leonard Taylors and the Tae's but those aforementioned schools are the ones that snatch our depth away, the Kinchens of the world and the Brinsons and the Brashards and the Chase Smith's......

Here's the thing. You have to look past the W-L and see with your 2 eyes the product on the field. Look, we're a couple plays away from winning against UVA and UNC. But similarly, if NC State receivers don't drop 100 balls, we could have lost that game. On Saturday, we were a review away from a safety and Pitt with the ball down 2. We've played 4 games against mediocre teams and have proven that we are nothing but a mediocre team too. I enjoy the Ws but it's not like we're dominating teams. Stuff needs to go our way to win against mediocre teams in year 3 of Manny's regime. That's disappointing.

It took an outraged fan base, a massive national media call out, an irate group of prominent alumni, angry letters from boosters to the President of UM to force changes in player personnel and play calling. Imagine that. The fans should get a cut of Manny’s salary. It’s amateur hour alright. No amount of wins will justify keeping that lying, incompetent, sackless man around as our head coach. Give the players what they deserve… a real coaching staff that can develop players. At some point, the sheer talent level on a team can mask major coaching deficiencies. Manny is exhibit A.

Advertisement
I honestly do not see any team left on Pitt schedule that can keep up with them scoring wise. They must have a terrible game with turnovers and miss FGs etc for me to see them losing another conference game. I think we take care of GT. The game that intrigues me is FSU. That would be the end of Diaz if we lose. Also. If Diaz some way manages to keep his job. He will either have to drastically improve or he would be gone before mid season. Next season would effectively be his last because they could not extend him, or would be stupid to do so before the season starts and u can never let a coach go into his last season on his contract, it would kill recruiting. So it would be how we perform in the first 4 or 5 games. And then its extend or fire him.

I personally think we need to clean us, from the AD down. Bring in profesionals with a different demeanor, that don't make excuses

I've been prepping my body in case we do a great finish to the season and them keeping Manny... Our only ceiling then, would be for him to hire a DC worth a ****... floor would be for him to keep everything as is, and we stay in this twilight zone of crap....

my awkward hope as a fan is we beat FSU and Vtech (cuz ***'em) and lose to GT and duke.... 6-6 and finishing with an embarrassing loss to Duke (plus the beginning of the season) "should" be enough to fire sale the AD and
But look, the thing is that I don't believe these kids we're recruiting think we will win the ACC title. EVERYONE is expecting us to drop at least 1 of our next 4...and if it happens, the ship sinks and CMD won't have anything to explain anyway lol.

But if go get the Ws the next 4 weeks and Pitt loses one, UVA loses one.....we're in an ACC title game that I just can't us losing, regardless who we play (including Clemson somehow finding a way to get there).

Kids temperature on our team will be significantly different than it is right now....of course we lose the battles vs UGA-Bama-OhioSt etc.....but those in-state kids wanting to go to Gainesville/Tallahassee and some of those others like Auburn, Ole Miss, Penn State, Wisc, LSU will not be taking very many kids from us. We need the James Williams and the Leonard Taylors and the Tae's but those aforementioned schools are the ones that snatch our depth away, the Kinchens of the world and the Brinsons and the Brashards and the Chase Smith's......
We should be a lock for the ACCCCG for fcks sake. We blew two easily winnable games. If they were remotely prepared they would have one loss.

Oh believe me, that's not what I'm implying at all. Manny needs to be gone immediately for being totally incompetent. I just don't think it happens as quickly if a new AD is in place. Just guessing based on how things have gone in the past that Manny would get to at least start as the head coach next season and see where things go from there. If they truly are ready to play big boy ball then that goes out the window of course but I'm very skeptical of that at this point.
I just don’t see how you can waste a year of TVD, Rooster and the true Frosh we have now. You can’t.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can you name a single serious football school that’s actually done it?
Nebraska firing Frank Solich and Bo Pelini is as close of a comparison as you're going to get. It's not unprecedented. Maybe those aren't apple to apple comparisons, but it's as close as you'll get.

Is it LIKELY they fire Diaz if the perfect scenario happens and we finish 8-4 or 9-4? Maybe not. It's certainly not impossible, though.

Also ... it's being borderline dismissed that Pitt & Virginia each have to drop another conference game, on top of of us winning out. THIS is more unlikely/improbable than any other scenario being discussed in my opinion.

“Fan….hope to lose to GT and Duke”
Short-term pain for long-term gain.

You can't give this administration ANY choice of keeping Diaz. Cos:
4da.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back