The nobody gives a crap update

So Manny was forced to play the young guys which in turn is actually working in his favor.
So what we already knew is even worse than we thought. He has no idea what he is doing and in spite of himself forced changes are working?
He can’t be our coach going forward bc he is being forced to make his moves every year on the job. He has no feel for it.

Advertisement
What percentage would you give for us to win out, sneak into the ACCCG, and win it? I think that's the only thing that saves his job.
I think we could put some points on Wake, seeing as Army lit them up, maybe to the tune of 38+, but I see them hanging about 55-60 on our D. That said, I give us a 15% chance to win out, including the ACCCG, if we would make it.
If we lose to anyone else on our schedule, that absolutely has to be worth firing Manny over.
I think at the beginning of the season the consensus was 10 wins or more, everything else is failure. To even get to 10 we'd have to win the ACC AND a bowl game, which would be against a top 10 team. No way in **** that is happening.

Animated GIF
Boom Pound It GIF by TipsyElves.com
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

Advertisement
What percentage would you give for us to win out, sneak into the ACCCG, and win it? I think that's the only thing that saves his job.
87% chance 8-4 wins the Coastal, but 94% chance we 3-1 from here. If we win the Coastal, 66% TVD can't play, and 99% chance Manny gets a 13 year contract extension. So overall, I'd give us a 103% chance to win our first ACCCG this year, and 33% Miami names Manny Coach For Life.

Bama - likely loss ✅
App State - toss up* ✅
Mich St - likely loss ✅
Central Conn - likely win ✅
UVA - toss up - leaning likely loss - likely loss ✅
UNC - likely loss ✅
NC State - likely loss ❌
Pitt - toss up - likely loss ❌
GT - toss up - leaning likely win - likely win
FSU - toss up
VT - likely loss - toss up
Duke - likely win - toss up - leaning likely win

*scored correct if either team wins by 10 or less, scored incorrect if greater than 10

The Miami O has shown much better production with TVD under center. D remains putrid and will give up 30+ ppg. If O stalls, guarantee an L against any opponent remaining.

Manuela's mileage may vary👆

Advertisement
Manny aint going anywhere, guys.

If we’re lucky we get rid of Blake.
After the North Carolina loss everyone was saying it was done deal Manny was going to get fired. Now 2 weeks later we’re playing the percentage game… 😂 Manny will be our coach next year. Reality will start to set in soon.

87% chance 8-4 wins the Coastal, but 94% chance we 3-1 from here. If we win the Coastal, 66% TVD can't play, and 99% chance Manny gets a 13 year contract extension. So overall, I'd give us a 103% chance to win our first ACCCG this year, and 33% Miami names Manny Coach For Life.
That's some Scott Steiner maths right there.

Although I give us a 66 and two thirds chance.

75% chance for that all to happen...here's my explanation:

Win out, I'd say 75% chance. Win out would be 100% but FSU can beat us if our kids show up like the game is won from last year's 52-10 game.

Sneak into ACCCG, 50%, because Pitt has to lose one and UVA has to lose one...I think UVA loses one but not sure about Pitt.

If we get to the ACCCG, I'm saying no way our kids lose that game...100% we get it done.

Advertisement
I've been prepping my body in case we do a great finish to the season and them keeping Manny... Our only ceiling then, would be for him to hire a DC worth a ****... floor would be for him to keep everything as is, and we stay in this twilight zone of crap....

my awkward hope as a fan is we beat FSU and Vtech (cuz ***'em) and lose to GT and duke.... 6-6 and finishing with an embarrassing loss to Duke (plus the beginning of the season) "should" be enough to fire sale the AD and coach....

Advertisement
I've been prepping my body in case we do a great finish to the season and them keeping Manny... Our only ceiling then, would be for him to hire a DC worth a ****... floor would be for him to keep everything as is, and we stay in this twilight zone of crap....

my awkward hope as a fan is we beat FSU and Vtech (cuz ***'em) and lose to GT and duke.... 6-6 and finishing with an embarrassing loss to Duke (plus the beginning of the season) "should" be enough to fire sale the AD and coach....

“Fan….hope to lose to GT and Duke”

If we finish 8-4, we're going to find out just how serious UM is about football. If they fire him at that point, it'll be a positive sign that they're serious b/c a lot of administrations might be reluctant to make a change if we finish the season on a 6 game win streak. Obviously, who the **** knows if we make it to ACCCG or a bowl game, but I think we've seen enough at this point to suggest a change is warranted and needed, regardless of how the season concludes. IMO, upgrade any time you can.

GIF by FirstAndMonday

Manny lucks into success (as of now) and people want to extend or keep him around. SMDFH!!!
I don't think any rational person wants to extend him or keep him around. But if the bigger and better thing happens (Blake getting fired), any AD is going to want to come in to make an assessment before letting the guy go. Unless the new AD is somehow tied to a specific coach and they are a package deal, I think it would be pretty unusual for a guy to come in and the first thing he does is fire the football coach. So, let's say Mario says no, you have to let the AD do his thing. I don't want Manny around after this season any more than the rest of us do but that may just be the reality if it means Blake is fired.

I don't think any rational person wants to extend him or keep him around. But if the bigger and better thing happens (Blake getting fired), any AD is going to want to come in to make an assessment before letting the guy go. Unless the new AD is somehow tied to a specific coach and they are a package deal, I think it would be pretty unusual for a guy to come in and the first thing he does is fire the football coach. So, let's say Mario says no, you have to let the AD do his thing. I don't want Manny around after this season any more than the rest of us do but that may just be the reality if it means Blake is fired.
Blake made a terrible decision to hire him. Blake being gone doesn’t change the on field coaching so I am not in this boat of as long as Blake is gone Manny will be Saban.

Advertisement
Back