The nobody gives a crap update

Are members of the staff down on Manny too? I can’t imagine guys like T Rob and Likens who have pretty solid backgrounds can see what’s going on and approve.

Is there a rift between Manny and Rhett? It seems like the only explanation outside of general Manny incompetence is staff internal dysfunction.

We had better results last year with the same level of Manny incompetence. Obviously losing our D ends hurts but the offense shouldn’t be feeling that and they are by far the more disappointing unit as far as expectations vs reality is concerned.

Advertisement
Highsmith as AD!? This university man..

I respected the **** out of his football resume but what qualifies him to be AD?

This school really needs to reevaluate its athletic department structure. Highsmith could fill a role as Head of Football Ops, answering to the AD and working WITH our HC but to make him a full AD just could lead to alot the same.

Whoever it is, we need admin to see the benefit of their success
hes been a personnel executive for the packers for several years and got hired to be the vice president of player personnel by the Browns

his resumee is better than 90% of all of the others

All this talk about seeing what Garcia can do with no mention of the actual QB2. Having watched both extensively through spring, who would you start @Cribby ?
Lashley has been absolutely subpar this year but it is hard to get creative when you don't have any time to throw the ball. This **** offense is on the offensive line which has been offensive.
TWO OL who haven't been able to play and 2 more hurt yesterday & Donaldson benched. Doesn't matter who QB is, he'll be running for his life.

I edited the op. King also hurt his knee against Bama. The shoulder I’m not clear on if it’s Bama or ASU. I missed the knee part when I read the text . He’s dealing with multiple injuries , but the shoulder looks like more of a problem.

Advertisement
hes been a personnel executive for the packers for several years and got hired to be the vice president of player personnel by the Browns

his resumee is better than 90% of all of the others

Still, it’s all specific to football. AD is responsible for the entirety of athletics…. Not saying Highsmith can’t do it, Just don’t know if he’s necessarily the right pick. Definitely see where Canadian is coming from with his take, maybe Alonzo would be better suited for another role that governs just the football aspect of things.

I rather just sacrifice this season and try and find the right coach to have a brighter future. Lots of quality coaching candidates will be available...

Bill o Brien
Joe Brady
Luke Fickell
Eric Beinimey
Graham Harrell
Tony Elliot
Byron Leftwitch
Demeco Ryan's
Jerod Mayo
Mike Elko
Dan landing
Jim Leonhard
Dan Quinn

And this is just the ones who could be available for sure. It's possible a good HC can possibly get fired and be available.

Now as for Mario Cristobal I just don't see why he would be interested? He already has a better job? He built that Oregon program from a 7-5 team to a Top 10 team and now he finally has all of his recruits, you pair that with the fact Oregon has SEC type money, better facilities and their own stadium and I just don't see it happening. Who knows maybe deep down he's a die hard canes fan and wants to return them to glory.

It's a good time to need a HC

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are several really rich BOTs that are big football supporters that would do this besides soffer. Besides Stu and tomato, there are camner, JS and a host of others.
I dont doubt you. However, I didnt hear what I heard a few years ago saying they were willing to front a huge amount towards Mario from them. Not saying you're wrong, just didn't hear it from them.

Advertisement
I rather just sacrifice this season and try and find the right coach to have a brighter future. Lots of quality coaching candidates will be available...

Bill o Brien
Joe Brady
Luke Fickell
Eric Beinimey
Graham Harrell
Tony Elliot
Byron Leftwitch
Demeco Ryan's
Jerod Mayo
Mike Elko
Dan landing
Jim Leonhard
Dan Quinn

And this is just the ones who could be available for sure. It's possible a good HC can possibly get fired and be available.

Now as for Mario Cristobal I just don't see why he would be interested? He already has a better job? He built that Oregon program from a 7-5 team to a Top 10 team and now he finally has all of his recruits, you pair that with the fact Oregon has SEC money, better facilities and their own stadium and I just don't see it happening. Who knows maybe deep down he's a die hard canes fan and wants to return them to glory.
A Deep down Canes Fan??...He Won 2 MFing NCs as a player, and coached at UM for 6 yrs...and Won a 3rd ring (Sugar Bowl) in 2000/01

Last edited:
Advertisement
As I posted last night I’d be surprised to see King play next week. The last couple games it’s been obvious he’s been short hopping throws , no matter how you feel about him he’s never had an issue with that. Well as some people here suspected he hurt his shoulder and knee in previous weeks, and has been playing banged up. There’s things you can do to help subdue if but the kid is legit hurt. He’s a warrior and I respect the **** out of him for trying, but he needs to sit. He doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone .

When I said Msu could be the beginning of the wheels coming off I meant it, there’s a lot of unhappy people from Bot’s, former players and current players. It could definitely get worse.

As for the buyout , it’s chump change. It’s close or even less than what we gave Temple. That’s not even an issue.

TS was puking off and on during the game because he was sick as a dog. Too bad theres not more guys like him and King.

Mario will 100 % be the first call ( shocker) , he’ll probably get the second and third call too.

Next week expect the depth chart to have some changes, some different faces getting more burn. Both Elijah’s being a couple . It’s sad it takes to reaching an epic meltdown before the light goes on. If LT doesn’t play next week officially be concerned. He was supposed to play yesterday.

As of today Manny is on the hot seat imo his hail mary shot to save his job is making wholesale changes, putting in young guys , hoping and praying for a spark/miracle. Because at this point its more a when. not if.
Fire Manny now. That is all.

Out of all the Bot’s I’d say there’s maybe four that give a **** about football , and three are furious.
I think you just hit on the root cause of a lot of our troubles. How many Bot's? Isn't about one hundred of them? We only have four out of one hundred that care! Thats not going to cut it.

Advertisement
Back