The Nike Opening Finals

King Slayer

Junior
Purgatory
It's suppose to start June 30th. Last year we had 1 commit CJ Henderson at opening, who ended up UF. We ended up signing 3 Nike Opening players Jeff Thomas(uncommitted), Bandy(OU) and Hebert(Mich).

Commits invited - 7

RB Lorenzo Lingard
WR Brian Hightower
WR Mark Pope
DB Josh Jobe
RB Cam'Ron Davis
OL Delone Scaife
DT Nesta Silvera

Potential commits before opening - 1

DB Al Blades Jr

Targets High on us -

DB Asante Samuel Jr. - FSU
DB Tyson Campbell
DB Tyreke Johnson
WR Xavier Williams - Alabama
WR Joshua Moore
WR Elijah Moore
WR Kevin Austin
WR Anthony Schwartz
DE Andrew Chatfield
LB David Reese
LB Amari Gainer
OL Curtis Dunlap

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=323]whoopingcane[/MENTION]

How are the star ratings in player profiles on this site decided? Is someone on staff giving evaluations or are those ratings from one of the scouting sites?

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=323]whoopingcane[/MENTION]

How are the star ratings in player profiles on this site decided? Is someone on staff giving evaluations or are those ratings from one of the scouting sites?

If you have enough stars at the end of the year everyone gets a free personal pan pepperoni pizza from pizza hut.

Advertisement

If you have enough stars at the end of the year everyone gets a free personal pan pepperoni pizza from pizza hut.

I am watching my dairy intake, so I hope we don't get enough so nobody gets to enjoy it. :dread:

Might as well call it hurricane opening finals! -****ycanefan

Advertisement
@DMoney @Peter Ariz @whoopingcane

They are generally the composite rating from 247sports.

i sent Pete a PM about this earlier in the weeK, but you think you guys could also list the class ranking for the site you use for our player rankings?

Honestly the only reason i ever open up 247 is to look at the rankings. It would be cool if there could be some kind of crystal system here for the users.

i sent Pete a PM about this earlier in the weeK, but you think you guys could also list the class ranking for the site you use for our player rankings?

Honestly the only reason i ever open up 247 is to look at the rankings. It would be cool if there could be some kind of crystal system here for the users.

Haha every pick would be for the canes

Highest star from all 4 respective sites.

Advertisement

Working on a whole overhaul of the recruiting section as we speak. Have everything saved in a document, transferring it over. Idk how but somehow Rosendo Louis came up under verbal commits. I'll go and fix that.

Highest star from all 4 respective sites.

Thanks Geo, looking forward to the final product

Advertisement

Different question [MENTION=4648]PeterAriz[/MENTION] : how much do our coaches & recruiting coordinators respect/rely on the evaluations of those services (247, espn, rivals)? Obviously our coaches make their own evaluations based on the film and the type of player that fits our scheme, but i'm sure they're aware of those rankings and i'd be interested to know their perspective on those sites. I've seen plenty of info on some of those sites that make it clear the evaluator didn't actually watch film on the kids they evaluated but I've also agreed on some evaluations.

Last edited:

Different question [MENTION=4648]PeterAriz[/MENTION] : how much do our coaches & recruiting coordinators respect/rely on the evaluations of those services (247, espn, rivals)? Obviously our coaches make their own evaluations based on the film and the type of player that fits our scheme, but i'm sure they're aware of those rankings and i'd be interested to know their perspective on those sites. I've seen plenty of info on some of those sites that make it clear the evaluator didn't actually watch film on the kids they evaluated but I've also agreed on some evaluations.

They take them with a grain of sand.

Advertisement
Back