The Next Great Linebackers For The U

Advertisement
This is a good discussion. Brooks is going to be helped tremendously by watching Pinckney play WLB for an entire year. Brooks has some really intriguing attributes, same as how I was intrigued by Steed, but he'll for sure need more work on his steps and recognition.

The good thing about our LBs' responsibilities is they're sometimes simplified. It's our Safeties who carry the burden within our defense.

Interested to see how or if that changes under Baker. I suspect we're going to see 5 and 6 DBs a heck of a lot more. In that case, a guy like Huff becomes of extreme value in the middle of the field.
we already saw it at the last scrimmage. three DLs, two LBs and 6 DBs.

So...all the great backers that came through Miami...You thought showing some bum *** LSU LB's who hasn't even gotten drafted yet, and say that our recruits will be the next great LB's for Miami if they play like THEM? **** outta here
You never heard of a comparison before

Advertisement
I believe they have but its been a while, and i didnt think there was a better example of what these players might be like for Miami

If that's the case, "in my opinion" you took a very bad angle in this showcase.

Even disregarding the whole -respect your own **** team and not show a highlight reel of someone else against them-... LSU played 13 games, and outside of maybe some FCS school that I wont bother checking was on their schedule, you showed what they did against a trainwreck of an offense. That's equivalent to me trying to compare a newer WR to Phillip Dorsett while showing his highlights against ARK ST (which I would show out of disrespect of them anyways because they took Miami to court and I'm pretty like that).

Edit: TL;DR - instead of "look what they did to us", you could've easily scripted a "look what they did against UF"

Even disregarding the whole -respect your own **** team and not show a highlight reel of someone else against them-... LSU played 13 games, and outside of maybe some FCS school that I wont bother checking was on their schedule, you showed what they did against a trainwreck of an offense. That's equivalent to me trying to compare a newer WR to Phillip Dorsett while showing his highlights against ARK ST (which I would show out of disrespect of them anyways because they took Miami to court and I'm pretty like that).

Edit: TL;DR - instead of "look what they did to us", you could've easily scripted a "look what they did against UF"
Thank you i appreciate the constructive criticism i will take that into account you know i just started making videos and i wanna try to get better. Do you know what they are talking about video unavailable

Advertisement
Thank you i appreciate the constructive criticism i will take that into account you know i just started making videos and i wanna try to get better. Do you know what they are talking about video unavailable

Nope, I see the video with no problem. If anybody is having that issue it's not on your end.

Its
Thanks bro so how do you think we are looking at the linebacker position now ?

Depends on if we're switching over to a full time 4-2-5 or if that's just our base defense now. If it's a full swap, I think we'll be fine when come fall when everyone is healthy and the 2019 class comes in.

Agreed. I think we’ll see much more 4-2-5 this season because of the LB depth plus it will allow us to bring more athleticism to the defense and cover better overall. It’s going to be real interesting who ends up starting secondary wise, especially at safety. But I don’t see much, if any, drop off defensively by making the switch. In fact, given the strength of the DL across all 4 spots we might end up equal to or slightly higher rankings wise defensively even with more youth on the field in the back end. I just see the DL eating big time this year, and the collection of DT’s handling business better than what GWIII accomplished last year.

Advertisement

Fvck Arkansas State as a staff, a football team, and a motherfvcking crew.

Sorry for going off on a tangent.

Advertisement
Back