The Next Great Linebackers For The U

Advertisement
I've always felt Video Unavailable was going to be special here.

Yes having your film NA is truly special....you gotta be great to be sporting that in your description!

That in itself tells you he's one of those leather helmet throwback type of player

Haven't NOT seen that type of legendary greatness since the late great Bronko Nagurski strolled onto a college campus with his film NA. Can't wait to see him live

Boola boola

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll also add, regardless of size, I'm cheering for Brooks and hope he becomes a beast here. But initially, I didn't quite think he was anything special when I watched him play live his SR year.

Bigger LB's in South Florida aren't as common as the tweeners. Which is why a lot of us like to see bigger safeties moved to LB's as opposed to tweeners playing the ILB spots.

That’s a more natural progression. He does that with the striker spot. I haven’t done a comprehensive study of this, but it would seem more difficult to move a guy backwards defensively than to move him closer to the line of scrimmage.

This is a good discussion. Brooks is going to be helped tremendously by watching Pinckney play WLB for an entire year. Brooks has some really intriguing attributes, same as how I was intrigued by Steed, but he'll for sure need more work on his steps and recognition.

The good thing about our LBs' responsibilities is they're sometimes simplified. It's our Safeties who carry the burden within our defense.

Interested to see how or if that changes under Baker. I suspect we're going to see 5 and 6 DBs a heck of a lot more. In that case, a guy like Huff becomes of extreme value in the middle of the field.

Advertisement
Just saying he is not a traditional linebacker. I like Brooks, hes a dade dog, i just hope he can develop more as a LB not just a rush end.

His ability to rush the passer is a plus not a negative in my opinion. We send our backers on a ton of blitzes. He played de in high school because that allowed him to have more of an impact than a stand up linebacker.

He is what you want in a modern linebacker... He's athletic enough to be great in coverage, while still being violent with the ability to get to the QB.

Advertisement
Back