The new schemes

Advertisement
Guidry will have to make his money shoring up the run D, but I like him to do that. If the Brown brothers put it together I like the secondary to be good enough to not get smoked like last season. LBer play should also take a big step w Kiko and Wes starting plus the FR and Cloyd.

On O, I think we’ll see a more balanced approach then what we saw with Lashlee and I have faith Dawson will be able to scheme up some explosives. Having a legit run game should open up a lot for our receivers. If that Oline can stay healthy we could have a really good O.

All the ingredients are there to win 9-10 games (including bowl). If we can do that plus finish strong in recruiting we’ll all feel the program is on track.

I’m Bullish on the New Offense.

The WR group will be much more improved because this scheme opens the field & allows for plausible spacing & gets guys open; Simplicity is the way. Between, Young, Restrepo, Harrell, Kirk & Ray Ray, we will have plenty of versatility in the X, Flanker & Slot that will allow for a multifaceted attack that can go with Quick hit routes in No-Huddle & can stretch the field with the Deep Ball when necessary as well. The TE group & RB committee will be good enough to maintain balance & force Defenses to respect all aspects of the Offense. I doubt we see too many stacked boxes, I mean they can if they want to, but I wouldn’t recommend it if I were an opposing DC.

Dawson is no dummy & unless he completely abandons his Houston playbook (which I doubt), we will absolutely have a productive & explosive Offense when necessary. I don’t think we’ll Air it out as much as we did with Lashlee, but it should a world’s away from atrocity of the Gattless catastrophe.

I think Guidry is a very good DC & his scheme will work well with the personnel.

The only thing I’m waiting to see is how the CB group deals with Speed WR’s & how the Run Defense holds up.

The CB group (if reports are true) that the Brown Brothers will be starting, is promising. Both are very physical in Coverage & Davonte in particular is absolute technician at Boundary. I think their one weakness as a group will be Defending against the long ball, but routes under 20yds should be congested traffic. Damari will probably have a transnational period before he gets complete understanding of how to consistently keep his man in front of him, but Davonte will be an active lockdown on his side & a disruptive pass defender, he’s got terrific hands & great IQ.

The Safety group will be interesting. Kam is the quintessential Field General patrolling the Deep 3rd’s; he’s an Elite FS, have to keep him healthy all year. Markeith is a question mark & JW is finally going to be used the way he’s supposed to, as a HYBRID. Jaden Harris’s development will be interesting to watch as well, because they’ve put him at Safety out of necessity & give his size & speed if he can get comfortable in that role can be an effective rotational Nickel that play at least 3 different spots.

The schemes overall IMO should be improved, especially on Offense. The Defense will actually be going back to some of the Manny stuff we used to run when he was DC because it’s the same scheme, but the way in which Guidry designs it is a lot different from Manny’s. Won’t thing for sure, our LB’s won’t be shoulder to shoulder pre-snap in the A-Gap with complete jailbreak assignments & that within itself will allow for a lot more flexibility in how we choose to attack QB’s.

The DL is actually pretty stacked & therefore I think pass rush will be stepped up big time.

Everything will come down to the maturation process & how quickly the young guys get acclimated into the rotations.

I don’t think either Dawson or Guidry are incompetent or arrogant assheads, therefore, s long as they don’t try to outcoach themselves we should see upticks on both sides of the ball. Keep it simple & play fast; Speed & aggression wins the day; Don’tmake it harder than it needs to be & force teams to beat us with their best effort, instead of us giving away victories due to retardation.

The roster is good enough, the schemes are good enough & the schedule is easy enough; don’t fck it up.

Great post. I’m super encouraged to watch the front 7, especially the LBs. Lots of big fast young werewolves, who should be led by Kiko.

As you mentioned, under Manny our alignment put the Def at a huge disadvantage very frequently. By every metric Guidry should be better and more sound.

DT, CB, and interior OL are the big question marks, but I feel good that this staff will have some dudes step up and answer the call

"We suck. History has instructed me not to drink the cool aid that is dosed with everclear this time of year. Bamas DC couldn't get it to work for us. I don't know what will..."
easy gif1691895077917.gif

Also, I haven't heard this much positivity from you in a hot minute
Positivity for positivity sake is delusional.
Same with negativity.

I'm positive when I think things are positive & negative when I think things are negative.

I call it as I see it. Being all of one thing is the problem too many people have. Everything isn't always Rainbows & 4-leaf clovers, nor is it always doom & gloom.

The problem people have with me is they want me to ignore the bad & only ever talk about that good & that's just disingenuous.

Advertisement
Positivity for positivity sake is delusional.
Same with negativity.

I'm positive when I think things are positive & negative when I think things are negative.

I call it as I see it. Being all of one thing is the problem too many people have. Everything isn't always Rainbows & 4-leaf clovers, nor is it always doom & gloom.

The problem people have with me is they want me to ignore the bad & only ever talk about that good & that's just disingenuous.
The difference is, your view of things has been accurate over very very very large samples, whilst others are just in the emotion of things.

You being positive about this team does not make my gut feel get smaller.

Every new car looks good on the showroom floor. Got to get it out on the road to see how it runs. That being said, the coaches last year did not expect the talent level to be where it was.

I drank the kool aid in the past, even go out on a limb partly because this time of the year i get impatient and excited all at the same time. This time im optimistic but with a complete realistic mindset that our season could be a shyyt show.

Usually the first scrimmage is very indicative of whats gonna happen in the season. So either we are gonna be one of the best rushing attack in the ACC , maybe nationwide or one of the worse run defense. Its also possible to be both. Its all on the table and im not leaning either way. Ill be at the opener for sure so im going as a blank canvas. Didnt go to the scrimmage cuz i had things to do but we will see.

Im still cautious when i remember all the negative opinions Houston fans had on Dawson so we have to see. As for Guidry i have more confidence in him but if we dont have a guy who can take a double team we could have real problems.

Outside of injuries i like our personnel. They have to show me on the field. Simple

I’m Bullish on the New Offense.

The WR group will be much more improved because this scheme opens the field & allows for plausible spacing & gets guys open; Simplicity is the way. Between, Young, Restrepo, Harrell, Kirk & Ray Ray, we will have plenty of versatility in the X, Flanker & Slot that will allow for a multifaceted attack that can go with Quick hit routes in No-Huddle & can stretch the field with the Deep Ball when necessary as well. The TE group & RB committee will be good enough to maintain balance & force Defenses to respect all aspects of the Offense. I doubt we see too many stacked boxes, I mean they can if they want to, but I wouldn’t recommend it if I were an opposing DC.

Dawson is no dummy & unless he completely abandons his Houston playbook (which I doubt), we will absolutely have a productive & explosive Offense when necessary. I don’t think we’ll Air it out as much as we did with Lashlee, but it should a world’s away from atrocity of the Gattless catastrophe.

I think Guidry is a very good DC & his scheme will work well with the personnel.

The only thing I’m waiting to see is how the CB group deals with Speed WR’s & how the Run Defense holds up.

The CB group (if reports are true) that the Brown Brothers will be starting, is promising. Both are very physical in Coverage & Davonte in particular is absolute technician at Boundary. I think their one weakness as a group will be Defending against the long ball, but routes under 20yds should be congested traffic. Damari will probably have a transnational period before he gets complete understanding of how to consistently keep his man in front of him, but Davonte will be an active lockdown on his side & a disruptive pass defender, he’s got terrific hands & great IQ.

The Safety group will be interesting. Kam is the quintessential Field General patrolling the Deep 3rd’s; he’s an Elite FS, have to keep him healthy all year. Markeith is a question mark & JW is finally going to be used the way he’s supposed to, as a HYBRID. Jaden Harris’s development will be interesting to watch as well, because they’ve put him at Safety out of necessity & give his size & speed if he can get comfortable in that role can be an effective rotational Nickel that play at least 3 different spots.

The schemes overall IMO should be improved, especially on Offense. The Defense will actually be going back to some of the Manny stuff we used to run when he was DC because it’s the same scheme, but the way in which Guidry designs it is a lot different from Manny’s. Won’t thing for sure, our LB’s won’t be shoulder to shoulder pre-snap in the A-Gap with complete jailbreak assignments & that within itself will allow for a lot more flexibility in how we choose to attack QB’s.

The DL is actually pretty stacked & therefore I think pass rush will be stepped up big time.

Everything will come down to the maturation process & how quickly the young guys get acclimated into the rotations.

I don’t think either Dawson or Guidry are incompetent or arrogant assheads, therefore, s long as they don’t try to outcoach themselves we should see upticks on both sides of the ball. Keep it simple & play fast; Speed & aggression wins the day; Don’tmake it harder than it needs to be & force teams to beat us with their best effort, instead of us giving away victories due to retardation.

The roster is good enough, the schemes are good enough & the schedule is easy enough; don’t fck it up.
@Udynasty

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back