The new Fab 5

No excuse not to be a top running team this year.

Not based on last year's OL performance. Barry Sanders would have struggled. Hopefully, Justice has some santeria high priestess helping out. We need all the help we can get. With better blocking on the interior, we should see some diversity in our run calls. That would be nice also.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
We basically added a grad transfer in Donaldson after going all year without him.

Even better, we're in position to RS each true freshman OL and let them develop.

OT Williams, Nelson, Campbell, Herbert, Hillery

OG Donaldson, Scaife, Traore, Reed, Griffith

C Gaynor, Clark

Redshirt: Rivers, Walker, Washington, Seymore, Rodriguez, McLaughlin

Not based on last year's OL performance. Barry Sanders would have struggled. Hopefully, Justice has some santeria high priestess helping out. We need all the help we can get. With better blocking on the interior, we should see some diversity in our run calls. That would be nice also.

Go Canes!
Yup, I think that was one part of Lashlee's play calling that needs a lot of improvement. We had very little diversity in our run calls. It was the same 2 or 3 running plays all season.

Advertisement
With the addition of Thad & now Brown, two big bruising backs, its paramount we replicate this along the interior of our offensive line. I'm definitely not expecting us to become a dominant o line next year by any means, but adding these bigger backs and plugging in donaldson & rivers at guard IMO should make a difference in the run game but we'll see how it all plays out.

Advertisement
By the end of last year Chaney was really showing flashes of how great he can be.
I know some people are down on Knighton but I have a feeling he is going to get it right this season. Just needs to work on protecting the ball a bit more.
Cam has an opportunity to really be special. Some of the plays he made in the Bowl Game were NFL level type of plays.
I cannot wait to see how all three develop with another year of Strength/Conditioning and now knowing the playbook.

The youngsters look very good in their HS highlights. Hopefully they can keep their heads in the game and shine on special teams if they do not get many touches on Offense.

We are blessed with depth.

Advertisement
hes been really good and also recruits Broward. the priority placed on recruiting with this current staff has been a breath of fresh air. hopefully, we can continue to bring in great classes and get this thing going.
Agreed. Starting to have the makings of very good depth at critical positions. Wish our CB, LB, and OL recruiting was this on point; we’d easily play with the Clemson’s of CFB if they did. But we’re starting to see some turnaround there, it’s just that we started off in the biggest of holes there so it’s going to take several cycles to get them stacked as well. I like the recruiters we now have for all 3 groups so we should see some nice additions upcoming there. Back to the RB’s - we have 1 of each type of back there is. No reason why we can’t throw nicely out of the backfield, hit the home run ball, or gain a needed 4th and 1 now with the plethora of RB’s we now have on the roster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back