The new Brandon Inniss Thread

Advertisement
You hate to see it

1670951760816.gif

OSU has the #4 ranked class right now, and it’s a huge school with wealthy donors.

Miss me with the fake poverty garbage.

They have money. If Miami’s NIL deal is better for Innis it’s because we value him more and think more of him than OSU does.
Exactly! Why pay so much to someone that’s so in love with you already prior to any money. He’s just happy to be there. “D” riding…

Advertisement
Exactly! Why pay so much to someone that’s so in love with you already prior to any money. He’s just happy to be there. “D” riding…

Yeah, the kids they have committed there now are getting huge NIL’s. That’s how they have their #4 class.

Ohio State fans want to believe all those kids are leaving millions on the table just to play for THE OSU lmao. Bull ******* ****. World doesn’t work like that, friends.

The hard facts are OSU already has a lot of good WR on their roster. It’s not a position of need for them like it is for us, and so they’re not willing to pay Innis what we are.

I think we land him. I’m not betting against Cristobal on the trail and I’m not betting against Ruiz’s bags. IMO he’ll be a Cane

Advertisement
Yeah, the kids they have committed there now are getting huge NIL’s. That’s how they have their #4 class.

Ohio State fans want to believe all those kids are leaving millions on the table just to play for THE OSU lmao. Bull ******* ****. World doesn’t work like that, friends.

The hard facts are OSU already has a lot of good WR on their roster. It’s not a position of need for them like it is for us, and so they’re not willing to pay Innis what we are.

I think we land him. I’m not betting against Cristobal on the trail and I’m not betting against Ruiz’s bags. IMO he’ll be a Cane
They are trying to get away with getting the kids on the cheap, plain and simple. The old system is doneso, you have to adapt. Michigan isn’t playing the game at all and look at their class. Money talks, BS walks. Like you said in a previous post, Taint is a wealthy school with a wealthy alumni base, this is all BS.

Sport is beyond doomed.
The funny thing is - I feel like it's been doomed and boring for the last 7 or so years and now NIL is disrupting the CFB oligarchy. I was completely against it when it was happening, and still wished it never made it to CFB, but now that it has, it does seem to be disrupting monopolies which is a good thing.

Advertisement
1 million per year is quarterback money. Imo. Funny think is he will collect a mil per year sitting on the bench for two years waiting behind another guy making as much or more

Advertisement
The funny thing is - I feel like it's been doomed and boring for the last 7 or so years and now NIL is disrupting the CFB oligarchy. I was completely against it when it was happening, and still wished it never made it to CFB, but now that it has, it does seem to be disrupting monopolies which is a good thing.

I'm with you on that. And maybe I'm crazy, maybe in several years if everybody is getting paid, maybe it works itself out.

But I don't see how this works when there are 40, 50, 60 kids in the locker room currently who are making nothing or peanuts and here comes a 17 year old with $1.8M in the bank and he's getting $500K a year. Half these kids are busts. What if the kid who is making all this money isn't as good as someone else at his position, but he's higher paid? Won't the collectives want the kids they "represent" to play, so people know who they are?

Anyway, we've talked NIL on this board ad nauseum. There are a million nuances here, we can go back and forth about this all day. I just don't see how this is good for the sport in any way, although I absolutely believe in Capitalism and if someone is willing to pay it, then the kids deserve it and I'm glad they are. The old people who don't actually play the sport have been getting rich for far too long.

I just don't see how you establish/built a culture when kids are making this much money without doing anything yet. And I don't know how hard 17 year olds are going to work with this much money being given to them guaranteed. But I don't know anything, just saying this seems headed towards a very bad conclusion.

View attachment 219257 Found this under the tweet from the other day. Find it interesting.
Fans are delusional. They think it’s their program vs everybody. Their program is the only moral superior entity in a field full of low character actors. If they lose a recruit, there has to be another reason, because their program can’t possibly not be beloved by all HS kids above all.

Advertisement
Back