The new Brandon Inniss Thread

That’s not the greatest of sells to innis. He’s cooked everybody his entire football life, I understand the sentiment tho
It's a multi throng approach.

Along with staying home, being the type of player Mario needs to build his culture and locker room, and I have another angle to pitch too.

Ohio State has artificial turf for practice and games. Alot of Big 10 schools have turf.

This is being brought up again as injuries mount across the NFL.

"The data supports the anecdotes you’ll hear from me and other players: artificial turf is significantly harder on the body than grass. Based on NFL injury data collected from 2012 to 2018, not only was the contact injury rate for lower extremities higher during practices and games held on artificial turf, NFL players consistently experienced a much higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries on turf compared to natural surfaces. Specifically, players have a 28% higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries when playing on artificial turf. Of those non-contact injuries, players have a 32% higher rate of non-contact knee injuries on turf and a staggering 69% higher rate of non-contact foot/ankle injuries on turf compared to grass."

"After a slew of injuries on artificial turf across the league, Rams receiver Cooper Kupp and cornerback Jalen Ramsey are among those who want to see the 30 NFL stadiums move to grass fields for their playing surfaces. Their comments come after familiar foes were lost to noncontact injuries in an interconference showdown at SoFi Stadium."

"
"Hands down, we should be playing on grass," Kupp said twice in his weekly comments. "It's not even close. I know there's stuff going around the league right now, there are some issues."
"That's all I'm going to say."

Advertisement

Along with staying home, being the type of player Mario needs to build his culture and locker room, and I have another angle to pitch too.

Ohio State has artificial turf for practice and games. Alot of Big 10 schools have turf.

"The data supports the anecdotes you’ll hear from me and other players: artificial turf is significantly harder on the body than grass. Based on NFL injury data collected from 2012 to 2018, not only was the contact injury rate for lower extremities higher during practices and games held on artificial turf, NFL players consistently experienced a much higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries on turf compared to natural surfaces. Specifically, players have a 28% higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries when playing on artificial turf. Of those non-contact injuries, players have a 32% higher rate of non-contact knee injuries on turf and a staggering 69% higher rate of non-contact foot/ankle injuries on turf compared to grass."

"After a slew of injuries on artificial turf across the league, Rams receiver Cooper Kupp and cornerback Jalen Ramsey are among those who want to see the 30 NFL stadiums move to grass fields for their playing surfaces. Their comments come after familiar foes were lost to noncontact injuries in an interconference showdown at SoFi Stadium."

"
"Hands down, we should be playing on grass," Kupp said twice in his weekly comments. "It's not even close. I know there's stuff going around the league right now, there are some issues."
We do practice indoors a good amount due to weather but clearly nowhere near that of OSU.

"
Now that’s more like it

Advertisement
They should keep trying but I don't fault a kid for wanting to play receiver at OSU. They are an absolute machine at that position. They had one of the top returning receivers from last year even after losing two in the first round of the draft. That guy has been injured basically all year and they STILL have arguably the best unit in the Country without him. I was always a big Marvin Harrison fan and his son looks like the next great one.

I tend to watch all of their games because my daughter goes there. It is something we can have in common. Their passing game is impressive to watch. SInce they are playing improved defense this year, they could take it all this year.
OSU board is thattaway➡️

Kidding...partially lol

Advertisement
Thats a bold comment considering we have Francis, Cormani and Wayne committed. But hey, I like that you stick to your guns.
I don’t think it’s that bold tbh. Cormani is very good generational gets thrown around too much though. He can’t be generational if his player comp is a guy who got drafted yesterday and will probably be better than he is unless we’re lucky. Francis and Wayne are great too. I think innis is just that much better

I don’t think it’s that bold tbh. Cormani is very good generational gets thrown around too much though. He can’t be generational if his player comp is a guy who got drafted yesterday and will probably be better than he is unless we’re lucky. Francis and Wayne are great too. I think innis is just that much better
I do not see generational with Innis. That for me means elite athleticism at that position. Randy Moss type **** you're either too small or too slow or both.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back