The new ambassador

Advertisement
Would hope it would have more of an affect with a sofla kid taking charge. Not hating on Deejay at all cuz I love what he's done as a recruit and hes going to be a solid player but his recruiting hasn't paid off a whole lot. Holloman was his boy and he ****ed over the coaches pretty bad. Hopefully he has laid the groundwork for Frierson to make more of an impact.

Would hope it would have more of an affect with a sofla kid taking charge. Not hating on Deejay at all cuz I love what he's done as a recruit and hes going to be a solid player but his recruiting hasn't paid off a whole lot. Holloman was his boy and he ****ed over the coaches pretty bad. Hopefully he has laid the groundwork for Frierson to make more of an impact.

I mean how exactly are you quantifying the impact he has had? You can say his recruiting hasn't payed off a whole lot but other than Holloman why do you think that? If anything I would say his recruitment was the absolute only reason Miami was considered in the first place. So he put us in the running for a really good WR recruit.

I do know that if you ask literally any commit or other player we are recruiting if they have been in any contact with other commits they will 100% say that they have been talking to Deejay. He's just one piece of the puzzle that is recruiting.

I mean how exactly are you quantifying the impact he has had? You can say his recruiting hasn't payed off a whole lot but other than Holloman why do you think that? If anything I would say his recruitment was the absolute only reason Miami was considered in the first place. So he put us in the running for a really good WR recruit.

I do know that if you ask literally any commit or other player we are recruiting if they have been in any contact with other commits they will 100% say that they have been talking to Deejay. He's just one piece of the puzzle that is recruiting.

How are you basing your opinion that he had success? Because he's got a strong twitter game or because he claims he has an ace up his sleeve? Obviously neither of us have a clue what goes on beyond closed doors. I'll give him credit for Hillery and also give him credit for helping hold onto DJ I suppose. Its just my opinion that he didnt have much of an impact in the grand scheme of things. Do you rlly think a kid from georgia has pull to land bandy, donaldson, garvin etc? My overall point is that a sofla kid that reps his city and has a ton of connections down here will have way more success down here being an "ambassador". For example Duke singlehandedly landed us Tracy, Malcolm, and probably Flowers.

Advertisement
Agreed

Deejay Dallas has recently passed on the torch to 2018 db commit frierson. Thoughts?

Where are you getting this from besides Pete saying in a post yesterday that Frierson is the Deejay of the 2018 class???

Did you officiate the passing of the torch ceremony too?

Last edited:

How are you basing your opinion that he had success? Because he's got a strong twitter game or because he claims he has an ace up his sleeve? Obviously neither of us have a clue what goes on beyond closed doors. I'll give him credit for Hillery and also give him credit for helping hold onto DJ I suppose. Its just my opinion that he didnt have much of an impact in the grand scheme of things. Do you rlly think a kid from georgia has pull to land bandy, donaldson, garvin etc? My overall point is that a sofla kid that reps his city and has a ton of connections down here will have way more success down here being an "ambassador". For example Duke singlehandedly landed us Tracy, Malcolm, and probably Flowers.

My point, which apparently you completely missed, is that no matter how good of a recruiter he is he was never going to be the reason someone chose to go here or not. If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you. But the fact is he is the leader of this recruiting class and all of our recruits love him. They all mention him and how he's the person they have the best relationship with in this class. Having that connection goes a long way toward making someone feel comfortable with committing here. It isn't an opinion that he's bringing a positive affect on recruiting, it's just a simple fact. You expecting a recruit to be the sole reason someone else commits here is the problem. Quite frankly its ridiculous that you believe that. I could understand if a recruit was responsible because of family ties, but that's about it.

Deejay Dallas has recently passed on the torch to 2018 db commit frierson. Thoughts?

Where are you getting this from besides Pete saying in a post yesterday that Frierson is the Deejay of the 2018 class???

i don't blame you for not following these kids on Twitter but Deejay said it himself.

Advertisement

i don't blame you for not following these kids on Twitter but Deejay said it himself.

Guilty as charged!

I guess if OP put the Twitter quote in the OP it would have more context.

The only question I have Is frierson 100% cane ? Junior Year Highlight - Gilbert Frierson highlights - Hudl

Iam sure he is. 1 he is a legacy Cane, and 2 I'm sure deejay spoke to him prior to announcing hewas the new ambassador. Kid has to be solid to be considered the ambassador of the 18 class. With a good season next year his ambassador job will be way much easier than it was for deejay

I don't trust any South Florida grifters to be Ambassador. What kind of sickening embarrassment would it be to have our newly appointed Ambassador start taking visits and begging for attention from Alabaga?

Advertisement

My point, which apparently you completely missed, is that no matter how good of a recruiter he is he was never going to be the reason someone chose to go here or not. If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you. But the fact is he is the leader of this recruiting class and all of our recruits love him. They all mention him and how he's the person they have the best relationship with in this class. Having that connection goes a long way toward making someone feel comfortable with committing here. It isn't an opinion that he's bringing a positive affect on recruiting, it's just a simple fact. You expecting a recruit to be the sole reason someone else commits here is the problem. Quite frankly its ridiculous that you believe that. I could understand if a recruit was responsible because of family ties, but that's about it.

Not to mention that you can't measure what effect he may have had on guys not leaving the class. Nobody can put a number on what he's done, but he's definitely out there trying to make this the best class possible. You have to be a special kind of kūnt to blast the kid for not doing enough.

I don't trust any South Florida grifters to be Ambassador. What kind of sickening embarrassment would it be to have our newly appointed Ambassador start taking visits and begging for attention from Alabaga?

And being celebrated and defended by every local simpleton that somehow claims an undying devotion to Miami football.....unless it conflicts with issuing "God blesses" and "Best of luck, young mans" to every punk from Dade or Broward that leaves for some hilljack enclave in the South. Nothing more rich than arguing how Johnny from the Hood can still "rep the 305" wherever he chooses to commit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back