The most frustrating part

No he is getting 5-6 years like Jimbo IMO. Too much guaranteed $$ and he is a "Miami guy"
Jesus himself could tell these dumb asses this and they still ask if he's getting fired next year.The man was begged to leave Oregon to come here,that means most if not all 80M is guaranteed.This is miami not Tam,he will be here for 6-7 years at least unless they find child **** in his computer.

Advertisement
Any chance he would hire an OC and give him complete control of the offense and game management?

No. ****, you even have his buddy, mirballs with his hands In the offense cookie jar. Mario knows one way and that’s to grind it out on offense. As long as he’s here, the margin for error to win will be small because of his philosophy.

Advertisement
I think the 3rd quarter sack killed the momentum. Louisville was up 2 then run run incomplete. Miami goes Fletcher 54 yd run then TD. Lou goes 3 and out. After the wheel to Fletcher it seemed like we’d be up 8 minimum before the sack on the fake screen making it 3rd and 20 or something like that. After that they scored on their next 2 drives.

Advertisement
This IS our best shot, if Mario fails it is over and big money goes away. UCF takes our big 3 spot and Miami becomes Harvard.

That’s why I don’t get the people on here that are routinely routing against Miami,
Don't act dumb.Not a single cane fan here or anywhere is routinely rooting against miami.We're all frustrated,dissapointed and frankly tired.It's looking like we made another major hiring blunder but again you know no cane fan is rooting against the canes.

Don't act dumb.Not a single cane fan here or anywhere is routinely rooting against miami.We're all frustrated,dissapointed and frankly tired.It's looking like we made another major hiring blunder but again you know no cane fan is rooting against the canes.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.

I'm not going to lie @Cribby I honestly believe this team is actually a 9win team based on its schedule and current scores, there just a few missing pieces.
The main one, and I don't think it has to do with Mario, and my focus is more directed at Dawson and TVD. Dawson is a mediocre play caller and TVD is a mediocre QB, he should be able to get us to an above average W/L record especially with the talent around him.

Furthermore, this offense is very stylistically is a mash of two styles. When its run, the formation clearly displays this, and same with pass.
I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why we don't have any play action calls under center with a roll out within the RZ, that's not Mario's fault, that's gotta be Dawson, and the reasons I say this is, I recall a RZ PA play vs TAMU, with George running the orbit motion with PA and we got the TD and it was discussed that that was actually Mirabal's play design.
The RZ where it was the end of the game was literally BEGGING us to run PA, everyone and they're grandmother knew we were going to run on 1st down. Go under center have two TE one side with 1 on the other with 3 TEs (McCoy, McCormick and Williams) runs the zone ugly, with McCormick spilling out to the flat with the Split End doing a bit of a clear-out route on that side. If the numbers of Louisville dictate they're light in the box (which they absolutely would not) have TVD just run the ball to Fletcher.
This isn't rocket science, teams are monsters in the box vs on the run especially on 1st down in our end zone, mid field and in the RZ, under center play action is literally begging to be ran, but never have I seen it this year, out of gun yes, but they aren't nearly effective on the defense eyes.

Personally, i like Dawson as a guy and I think he's be an excellent passing game coordinator but his feel for the run game and packaging run concepts with PA and passing concepts is terrible. I don't see how Mario meddles with that, but you have to have some sort of in between in the run game and passing game and can't be so obvious. That's on Dawson not Mario (even though he hired him).

Dude he responded directly to a comment of yours where you literally said the problem is Dawson not Mario and somehow you’re bringing up Mario and meddling on defense???
Because the problem today wasn't offense lol. He's saying I'm caping for Mario. But the difference is I'm not blaming Mario or Dawson today lol. That's what YALL can't comprehend. Y'all are sitting here blaming the offense and assigning that to Mario. I'm saying if you're blaming the offense TODAY, the culprit would be Dawson.

However I'm saying the offense wasn't the ******[BGCOLOR=initial]g problem today. It was clear and obviously the defense. So tell me what the **** Mario has to do with the defensive play calling or system. Lol. You wanna blame Mario for the defensive personnel go for it - I haven't responded to anyone saying our DLine was bad. I haven't responded to anyone saying our LBs aside from Mauigoa are trash (though somehow still improved from last yr). Notice I haven't said anything defending Mario regarding our team constantly playing like idiots drawing personal fouls off retarded ****. In fact Id say that is a far bigger problem WITH MARIO than all the offensive B's y'all try to exclusively pin on him. I haven't defended that. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]I mean y'all are the ones that always hide behingd "just being objective bro"... Well tell me what part of the offensive performance today was what y'all have been *****ing about the last 5 weeks? Notice today the blame is us not being creative enough lol. Please tell me how TODAY wasn't primarily and by a large margin the failure of defense. Lol. You won't be able to. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
He’s not even recruiting a particularly competitive one, tbh. Way too many deep holes as you forecast into next year.

Yep.

Absolute horrible recruiting at key positions.

And an offense so lost in the Stone Age that “31 points“ is suppose to be so much that it shut ups all criticism of the offense.

Things are about as bad as they have been since probation when you factor in there’s no hope of us getting free of it anytime soon.

Nothing is changing until he adopts a modern offense and stays out the way. Either he goes down with the ship due to being hard headed or he’s going to finally realize that his offensive philosophy is detrimental to everything he wants to do.

Advertisement
Yep.

Absolute horrible recruiting at key positions.

And an offense so lost in the Stone Age that “31 points“ is suppose to be so much that it shut ups all criticism of the offense.

Things are about as bad as they have been since probation when you factor in there’s no hope of us getting free of it anytime soon.
The whole premise of him coming to Miami was bring this super recruiter with a massive infusion of resources. This current class doesn’t cut it. Marry his sub par recruiting (commensurate to expectations) to his outdated offensive philosophy and you have a disaster on your hands.

He had two options, recruit like Georgia and beat everyone on talent alone or recruit well enough with a modern offensive philosophy to help offset recruiting shortcomings. He chose the two options that don’t work together.

Offense wasnt the problem today overall but the **** playcalling at times still killed us:

- 1st drive 3rd and 3. Wildcat with B Smith up the middle. Really? Of course this didnt cost us the game but blows a drive. Atrocious call.
- 3rd and 2 run before the half was criminal. Led to LV TD. EVERYONE KNEW WE WOULD RUN UP THE MIDDLE. THEY KNEW, I KNEW, MY MOM ******* KNEW. How the F do you not go PA there? Leak out a TE like Brohm did all day on us?
- 3rd and 12 at 30 with like 4 min and we run. Really? Just giving up and settling for a FG when our D cannot stop Brohm to save our lives. TVD was money all day. Let him ******* throw.

I complained last week about Dawson - no motion, no creativity, no trick plays, no reverses, not enough crossers, not enough RPO, no TE, etc. This week we do a flea flicker, big play. Do a fake run reverse to B Smith, big play TD. See the result when you mix in some creativity? Its really not that complicated and thats what really kills me. Just need more of that. **** just rip off Brohm's playbook and insert it into ours.

The whole premise of him coming to Miami was bring this super recruiter with a massive infusion of resources. This current class doesn’t cut it. Marry his sub par recruiting (commensurate to expectations) to his outdated offensive philosophy and you have a disaster on your hands.

He had two options, recruit like Georgia and beat everyone on talent alone or recruit well enough with a modern offensive philosophy to help offset recruiting shortcomings. He chose the two options that don’t work together.
This this and this again.

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
Year 3 better be better or he is on the hot seat.

Advertisement
Back