The most frustrating part

I beg your pardon? I’m 41. I remember 2001 like it was yesterday. I truly feel bad for the 20-something canes fans. Y’all deserve a prize.
Let the banter flow. I’m 33. Plenty of nostalgia and canesfreak highlights to keep me comfy.

No amount of coping can excuse this season from Mario.

This is not a 6-5 team.

And we’re 6-5.

This season is a failure. No way around it.

Advertisement
Dawson was good today Mario killed him today I’ll die on that hill. He wasn’t perfect but we all saw when Mario interjected his input in and the offense died
Lol so hypothetically if we have 60 plays and 3 are bad, an i to believe Mario is the guy responsible for the 3, and if it hadn’t been for his meddling, we would have had 60 high quality plays. Funny

We pretty much ran spread the entirety of the game almost, and yet yall still *****ing about the offense, as if the defense wasn't the primary problem today - literally left 10 yards of room on every TE pass. Let me guess, Mario is meddling there too now? Game on the line down 7, and on 2nd/3/4th and goal we run spread and pass the ball. But tell me more about how mario is definitely meddling and forcing fizical bro-style lol. Literally the entirety of that complaint is on one 3rd and 2 run before half. Otherwise yall are *****ing about the wrong thing entirely.

We had refs reviewing every ******* play desperately trying to give advantage to louisville, stupid *** penalties to end the game. The Timout used at the end of the game, you're ******* dumb if you think that wasn't on Dawson calling for the check with me and then not liking the call when there was only 10 on the play clock.

And this game wasn't even on TVD either. He missed a couple passes, but for the most part played great. This loss was on the defense, and it wasn't even close. Our LB play is literally atrocious. JHH played well, but aside from that the DLine did literally nothing with Leonard Taylor out. CBs did fine. Safeties and LB got abused by their TEs.
Spread!

UL also runs a spread offense, did you see any similarities in their ability to scheme open plays vs ours? I think it was about 15 plays for UL and maybe 2 for Miami.

Just bc you run 3 and 4 WR sets doesn’t mean you are creative or maximizing your talent. Brohm does that. Mario does not

Advertisement
Spread!

UL also runs a spread offense, did you see any similarities in their ability to scheme open plays vs ours? I think it was about 15 plays for UL and maybe 2 for Miami.

Just bc you run 3 and 4 WR sets doesn’t mean you are creative or maximizing your talent. Brohm does that. Mario does not
Bro none of y’all know what you’re complaining about at this point. What the **** do you think is the point of an offensive coordinator if not to be the hit responsible for creating and good play calling. Lol. Again Mario is not running his scheme, and he’s not the one lacking creativity.

Us running a spread without creativity is not Mario’s fingerprints lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll always support the program. I’ll watch the games and all that. I’ve always been an optimist and believed things will get better, but this season killed that belief. I’ve resigned myself to the fact what we’ve seen is what we’re gonna get.

Saying the defense was the problem today is caping for Mario? Weird. Sorry didn’t realize Mario was meddling on defense now too, my bad. Haven’t caught up with the new blame shift
Dude he responded directly to a comment of yours where you literally said the problem is Dawson not Mario and somehow you’re bringing up Mario and meddling on defense???

If you think it’s about offense you missed the point. I literally said it’s bigger than the OC. Situational coaching is awful and you of all people know that , or should know that. If you can’t see that then who’s being objective? Sorry if I’m not excited we had 400 yards and the O wasn’t a mess for the first time in five weeks. None of that matters if you continue to throw possessions away with predictable , horrible calls. We ended both halves with a cluster ****.

Its the same predictable garbage when it’s game winning time, horrible use of timeouts and a team with no discipline even though the roster has been flipped. Oh and a new culture. We keep finding finding new ways to lose and a lot of it falls on in game coaching.
Hit Him Where It Hurts Steve Austin GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
Mario doesn't think you can be a good football team any other way. The only way a Mario team will hit ten wins is to have an overwhelming amount of talent. His strategy is to get more physical at the LoS and to put good weight on the running backs to pound the rock. This is not achievable imo. It's a catch 22. We are never going to ever be able to bully around the ACC if we don't win enough to actually recruit the guys we'd need to do it.

Bro none of y’all know what you’re complaining about at this point. What the **** do you think is the point of an offensive coordinator if not to be the hit responsible for creating and good play calling. Lol. Again Mario is not running his scheme, and he’s not the one lacking creativity.

Us running a spread without creativity is not Mario’s fingerprints lol.
On the contrary, I don’t think you know what you’re defending anymore.

I respect the diehard loyalty, but there’s a line between oblivious and fandom. And you sir, you’re been oblivious for weeks.

I mean there’s nothing to defend anymore about how this season has gone. We’re 6-5 with 2 first round picks and a handful more pro guys + a freshman all American and probably 6-7 All-conference selections.

It’s coaching. It’s game management. It’s Mario. What coach goes 5-10 in the weakest power five conference and gets blame deflected??? Like seriously, he’s under .500 overall as a head coach here!

The results aren’t there despite bringing in 41 new players this past year and selectively keeping a handful more. It’s incredibly alarming.

Advertisement
Back