The most frustrating part

Advertisement
Just came back from the game and man its frustrating.

Why we lost:

Defense-
-Defense was getting killed on crossing routes- their guys were just faster and were outrunning our guys all day, got bailed out a couple of times due to their QB throwing some shaky throws
-Missed tackles and not wrapping up
- Absolutely no pass rush from anyone and we were told Louisville had weak lines on both sides...

I only have 2 complaints on the offense though
- When we got the ball back up 28-23 we were in midfield and fletcher had just ran for 5 yards on first down. We proceed to pass 2 times and no one is open causing us to punt when we should have ran it down their throat to put them away and kill the clock.
- At the 3 we run it on first and then throw 3 times and cant convert. Just run the ball if you cant run it from the 3 yard line to tie you did not desrve to win the game...

Everyone complaining about playing bro offense but today we our offense stalled due to bad passing play calls... Today the defense failed and the offense held its weight tho (had 0 turnovers as well).

Mario lost us GT and NC State but not this game with in game decisions imo. Either way he has to figure it out and it does fall on him as he is the coach. This game was frustrating tho just some adjustments on defense could have gone a long way.

We better win BC...

I never will. I won’t stop supporting the program until it ceases to exist or I do…

We need all the ****tttyy fcking luck we had this year to flip for next year. Otherwise, we’re a basketball school and that’s that
This IS our best shot, if Mario fails it is over and big money goes away. UCF takes our big 3 spot and Miami becomes Harvard.

That’s why I don’t get the people on here that are routinely routing against Miami,

Brohn with this roster wins the chip.
Cmon now, No it don’t. Probably with the ACC but NC? Nah.

Mario flaws aside, y’all really be overestimating our roster. It’s plenty of teams that even with good coaching would still beat us now with the talent we have.

Just came back from the game and man its frustrating.

Why we lost:

Defense-
-Defense was getting killed on crossing routes- their guys were just faster and were outrunning our guys all day, got bailed out a couple of times due to their QB throwing some shaky throws
-Missed tackles and not wrapping up
- Absolutely no pass rush from anyone and we were told Louisville had weak lines on both sides...

I only have 2 complaints on the offense though
- When we got the ball back up 28-23 we were in midfield and fletcher had just ran for 5 yards on first down. We proceed to pass 2 times and no one is open causing us to punt when we should have ran it down their throat to put them away and kill the clock.
- At the 3 we run it on first and then throw 3 times and cant convert. Just run the ball if you cant run it from the 3 yard line to tie you did not desrve to win the game...

Everyone complaining about playing bro offense but today we literally lost due to bad passing play calls... Today the defense failed and the offense held its weight.

Mario lost us GT and NC State but not this game with in game decisions imo. Either way he has to figure it out and it does fall on him as he is the coach. This game was frustrating tho just some adjustments on defense could have gone a long way.

We better win BC...
Or?

Advertisement
If we had run on the goal line in the fourth the boards would be screaming caveman.

Someone has to get open and the QB needs to make a play.
******* run it but be creative. No up the middle dive bull**** with 9 guys in the box. Under center PA lob it over everyone for a touchdown

Advertisement
Looked strange. In real time I thought he was held because of how he looked in the pattern. I think we was just not going full out because he expected it to be thrown elsewhere.
Agreed, he seemed to have no idea it was coming to him. My seats are right there and he never even extended his arms. **** Shame! Down the stretch they executed and we didn't...

Y'all remember when Dawson said some **** about keeping his foot on the gas? and now we play for ties **** near every game. No wonder the dude wants to leave. Dawson may be no golden child but I got money mario is ham stringing the **** out of him.

Bill Burr: If I keep my wrist like this nobody knows my name but two degrees this way.. I'm on the cover of Newsweek.

Two degrees mario.. two degrees and you're on the cover of Newsweek.

Advertisement
You read about Paul Brown and how a lot opposing coaches personally attacked him for throwing the football, saying they’d rather lose than score a bunch of points by throwing it. Since throwing it was a sissy form of football.

And then you see Mario on gameday and we are being coached by one of those coaches.

He truly does not think the point of an offense is just to score as much as possible, and he will refuse to have an offense that scores a ton, if scoring that ton of points means playing a style of football that he opposes to his core.

So we are stuck with mediocre to bad offense.

And even in a game where the offense was fine, it still wasn’t as good as it could have been, because Mario is going to burn too many plays and possessions forcing his style of play.

That’s his entire career. We scored 31 and should have scored 40. But Mario just isn’t going to allow that.

Our only short term hope is that the H-back we have committed decommits for Texas and the TEs are all “soft.” That way we literally can’t play Mario’s style of play.

Advertisement
Absolutely, guy is allowed to have ONE bad year and the offense is still excellent. He's still doing way better than Mario even during hia worst year ever. Let's not evwr conpare the two again please.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

We play like we are up a few TDs the whole game. Luckily didn’t see many bunch formations. The misdirections from them killed our D. Not sure if zone would’ve helped but everything was a late developing last second throw. We play not to lose but in reality we have nothing to lose at this point. The irony. Let it rip.

Advertisement
Back