The most frustrating part

It doesn't take years to understand clock management, momentum swings, understanding what your players can/can't do, demanding RESPECT/ DISCIPLINE and scheming up game plans to attack your opponents weaknesses while protecting your own.

Either you got it or you ******* don't.

Just imagine a player getting an unsportsmanlike and causing Saban a game? He could be a 1st round lock and a game changer. His *** won't play another down.

The players know this and it's why they don't do dumb ****.

We HAVENT HAD A SINGLE COACH, SINCE BUTCH DAVIS, to garner that level of respect.

Sidenote: My dawg Guidry gotta get back in the lab this off-season. His tendencies are getting picked up.

Coach Lindsey gave em **** but he at least made em punt a few times and such. Coach Brohm pulled his pants down in the cafeteria during 1st lunch. An absolute clinic he put on my boy.

Coach Brohm is a prime example of a Coach scheming around his players limitations and talents. A Coach not totally relying on his players to " beat the man in front of you" but actually playing chess against the opposing coach and moving his pieces FAR better.

Mario making this **** harder than it should be and it's evident af watching other teams.

Advertisement
Yep; u’re right; Fletch went for 1 yard.
Come out in the same formations and run on first , run on second then PA on third. Second or third down is the play action down. Yet we drop back and play right into their hands. Tight congested formations is cool down there because space doesn’t matter if you have a statue at qb. Teams expect the run so sell it then pass.

I’m at the point where I think that ******* luke would do better on game day

As I said
How does one become a head coach with 40 years of football experience and know less about clock management and football IQ than even the dumbest on CIS
To be honest, I think that there is a sizeable cohort of coaches that in any professional sport who get caught up in the moment, at any given moment. There needs to be a dispassionate advisor in the booth or or especially on the sidelines to remind the coach about timeouts, time to kneel..:critical overlooks when a coach is focused on action.

Advertisement
Come out in the same formations and run on first , run on second then PA on third. Second or third down is the play action down. Yet we drop back and play right into their hands. Right congested formations is cool down there because space doesn’t matter if you have a statue at qb. Teams expect the run so sell it then pass.

Yeah; I just edited my post to say just this. The reason y I couldn’t remember the run was b/c we didn’t do anything from the run to set up the pass. So basically it was just a wasted down b/c we didn’t build on something to move the defenses’ eyes.

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
So tired of the playing not to lose mentality, when all we do is lose.

Come out in the same formations and run on first , run on second then PA on third. Second or third down is the play action down. Yet we drop back and play right into their hands. Right congested formations is cool down there because space doesn’t matter if you have a statue at qb. Teams expect the run so sell it then pass.

Just pull the ******* ball and hit the TE for an easy six.

The play action has been set up for months. When these morons figure it out, we'll be scoring in those situations.

I don't know if Mario will. He has his heels dug like Golden.

Advertisement
Which is the opposite of what you do. This clown does everything backwards. Inside the five spreading out the d to run pass routes with no motion , misdirection or threat of the qb run is useless. You keep missing that one word “ creativity ”. Bunch or condenses sets is fine in that position. You have room for te’s and db’s to leak out to the flats or come back with double moves like a shake route. The route concepts and creativity rivals Gattis at this point. We set nothing up from previous weeks or earlier in the game. It’s awful. But keep missing the point fella.
The point is that is on Dawson 100%, and all these complaints are literally just waiting for the end result and finding the complaint. Again if we run that exact same set of plays but on 3rd or 4th we got the td and it led to a win, everyone in here would 100% be talking about how Mario finally stopped meddling and forcing Dawson to run Bro-Style offense. Cause we would have had 38+ pts, >300 yards passing with 2 TDs no turnovers, and 160 yards rushing with 3 tds.

You want to know the Actual point? This game was on the defense.

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short.

Yup and then we didn't run and threw 3 times, none to our 6'5 WR.

Had to run 2 or 3 out of the 3 there.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
Agree on all points
One more
I think we have a dude that’s pretty good outside….hes 6’5”
We have him tight on left boundry
And we don’t run one back shoulder/fade/jump ball????? Instead we throw to restrepo who’s 5’8 and George who weighs a buck fifty?????

Very strange set of goaline plays

Advertisement
How many passes did we throw to the tight end? I believe there was one to the 30 year old guy.
Besides the multitude of bubble screens, how many real screen passes were thrown to offset the pressure they were bringing?

Come out in the same formations and run on first , run on second then PA on third. Second or third down is the play action down. Yet we drop back and play right into their hands. Tight congested formations is cool down there because space doesn’t matter if you have a statue at qb. Teams expect the run so sell it then pass.
It's so lame when bad color guys, week after week choreograph our plays.... "here's where you look for a deep shot"...

Advertisement
Tough part is I've stopped really caring, daughter is headed to a school with a worse program, but it's an absolute blast to go to games. I'll spend my Saturdays elsewhere and watch from afar.
I’m starting to feel like I did about the Dolphins after they went on the run from Field Goal Tony through to Gase. A team that wanted to win 13-10 and was delighted to draft defensive linemen or offensive linemen, all while fielding a team that was consistently bereft of skill position players. It got to the point after 15 years that I stopped really caring. I expected them to lose, to make the wrong choice, and it didn’t bother me that much anymore.

Agree on all points
One more
I think we have a dude that’s pretty good outside….hes 6’5”
We have him tight on left boundry
And we don’t run one back shoulder/fade/jump ball????? Instead we throw to restrepo who’s 5’8 and George who weighs a buck fifty?????

Very strange set of goaline plays
Yet we run screens to him even though he has no wiggle or explosion. He’s not the one to be doing that with against power five teams.

How many passes did we throw to the tight end? I believe there was one to the 30 year old guy.
Besides the multitude of bubble screens, how many real screen passes were thrown to offset the pressure they were bringing?
All our "bubble screens" were real screens that olineman get downfield for.

Advertisement
Back