The most critical play was in the 3rd quarter

Out of all the threads *****in and moaning about the sky falling I don't think I read one that has given credit deserved to Clemson OC play calling. Yes our DC sucks, but gotta give credit where due. That sob called a **** perfect game. It is clear they did more homework without a bye week than we did with one. Unacceptable!
We are not as bad as many here say we are, but we also have many weak links in the staff and roster that must be addressed before we ever give ourselves a chance to turn the corner. We are more than capable of running the table rest of the way if Manny makes some crucial decisions. We shall see if he shats the toilet or shats in the bed.......

Advertisement
IMO, our front line WRs are not natural football players...instinctual players make those. You think , Irvin, Wayne, Lamar, Carroll, are going to give up position and get pushed to the ground like that? Wiggins could out run all of those listed. Good athlete, not football player. Same w Pope and Harley. Like em all as 4th or 5th receivers

We more or less ran inside zone, QB power, and fly routes and that’s it. King was dog**** and never looked like a QB once all game but lashlee looked like Enos

Wiggins man...
Wiggins had enough space (before the pass was thrown short) if a good pass was made he would have had a TD. A back shoulder throw or lead him to the back of end zone he would have had a chance. You could see he could not put the breaks on fast enough to come back to the ball. The pass to Mallory who was very open was atrocious

Advertisement
yeah he’s super trash but to me that was a poor decision by King too. You gotta take what the defense gives you in that part of the field. Given the time and situation of the game, it was a bad idea to throw a 50/50 ball..
That was an excellent decision by King. 1 on 1 shot for the end zone. That’s the same pass and catch Coley made against FSU in 14. We just had the wrong Wr on the play. Redding makes that catch.

Out of all the threads *****in and moaning about the sky falling I don't think I read one that has given credit deserved to Clemson OC play calling. Yes our DC sucks, but gotta give credit where due. That sob called a **** perfect game. It is clear they did more homework without a bye week than we did with one. Unacceptable!
We are not as bad as many here say we are, but we also have many weak links in the staff and roster that must be addressed before we ever give ourselves a chance to turn the corner. We are more than capable of running the table rest of the way if Manny makes some crucial decisions. We shall see if he shats the toilet or shats in the bed.......
They did what everyone else has done against us in the last two years.. use the TE and back out the backfield since we cannot seem to cover those. Every team we play the TE looks all world.

They were up 21-10, I believe we recovered a Lawrence fumble near midfield.

at that point, even getting a field goal makes it a one possession game and we’re now in a very interesting game.

that interception was the back breake

Total speculation on my part, but I thought Roche lining up offsides in the first series was also a critical mistake.
His negated interception (or deflection?) would have had Clemson go 4 and out and “could” have set a different tone and built momentum for us from the start.
And yes I agree that one play early on does not usually dictate the outcome of the game, and even if it was technically correct, it was a BS call, but still ...... 😡

Just needed to make a play or 2 in that 3rd quarter offensively and we couldn't have put the pressure on them. 3rd quarter offense all year has stunk.

Advertisement
IMO, our front line WRs are not natural football players...instinctual players make those. You think , Irvin, Wayne, Lamar, Carroll, are going to give up position and get pushed to the ground like that? Wiggins could out run all of those listed. Good athlete, not football player. Same w Pope and Harley. Like em all as 4th or 5th receivers
The biggest difference is mental toughness, not physical attributes.

Wiggins had enough space (before the pass was thrown short) if a good pass was made he would have had a TD. A back shoulder throw or lead him to the back of end zone he would have had a chance. You could see he could not put the breaks on fast enough to come back to the ball. The pass to Mallory who was very open was atrocious

I'M focusing on next week, we need to be mentally prepared cause the history shows that once we get beat like this. We have a tendency to not show up. We can be 10-1

Advertisement
It’s not all on him.

King can’t lead a receiver
You got to fight on that play, protect your qb.. Do whatever you have to do, pass interfere, it doesnt matter. Get the job done! Either you catch the ball or no ne, dont just fall on the floor like a baby back ***** and look around crying for mommy..

You got to fight on that play, protect your qb.. Do whatever you have to do, pass interfere, it doesnt matter. Get the job done! Either you catch the ball or no ne, dont just fall on the floor like a baby back ***** and look around crying for mommy..

Dude gave zero effort. Wiggins is a straight line guy, but offers nothing else. He hasn't won a single contested ball since he got here. He just dove to the ground looking for the ref to bail him out.

Advertisement
They were up 21-10, I believe we recovered a Lawrence fumble near midfield.

at that point, even getting a field goal makes it a one possession game and we’re now in a very interesting game.

that interception was the back breaker

agreed. King trusted his WR one on one. Wiggins is just soft. I’d rather see Redding out there for a jump ball or Keyshawn. Where were they at?

we had trips to the short side of the field. I thought that’s where he was going. That changed the game no doubt.

I agree that play was crucial....and I also highlighted that play......but for a much different reason.

That play EXEMPLIFIES our failures in recruiting. Wiggins is a JAG and we're trying to rely on the kid as a #1 receiver and asking him to take the top off of Clemson's D. His instincts and reactions to the ball in flight are not what you come to expect of a #1 on a top 10 team.

A reminder what happens when you keep settling for 3 stars due to not being able to convince the elite kids to stay home. All those bad losses manifest themselves in little one on one matchups like this.

I don't think we'll run the table, but no question, their staff and players deserve the vast majority of the credit last night.

We can ***** about what we didn't do or how someone didn't do, but I don't care who is coaching, we're not there yet. We've got a long ways to go before we're competitive last night.

yeah he’s super trash but to me that was a poor decision by King too. You gotta take what the defense gives you in that part of the field. Given the time and situation of the game, it was a bad idea to throw a 50/50 ball.

Not every QB pass will be perfect. The WR has to protect his QB as well. If Wiggins fights for it, then he at least has a chance to knock the ball away.

Advertisement
Back