the morning after - a few more thoughts

It’s even more annoying listening to the announcers skate past the bad calls . You watch other games and they’ll go on and on about the blown call, for a few plays at least and how egregious it is …we get a clear blown call on a safety and one announcer might as well be whispering his opinion that it’s a safety while the other is claiming it’s not discernible
Listen to the last play, announcer was so disappointed we stopped Clemson...it was embarrassing.

Advertisement
Man, this is football. Playing a physical game one week should never be an excuse for the following week.

@SFbayCane Don’t forget the DJ.. played a much better track list and actually cut the music when he was supposed too before the snap.

Yes, I made note of that and will likely update my other thread later in the week. DJ and overall distractions were kept in check to an extent. The DJ still regularly played until the play clock was below 15 seconds.

After our second TD, the DJ played until the play clock was at six seconds. I watched Borregales. I believe he was waiting for the DJ to stop, then he saw the play clock at single digits and began his run up to the ball. I'd love to have someone ask him about it.

• We saw a bunch of trap plays yesterday. The creativity in the run-game that we've all been calling for showed up last night. Very good mix of run plays.

• This was an amazingly physical game (as many have noted). Our running backs took a ton of heavy hits last night. I dont think we can have another game like this next week.

• Next week I think we need to find a way to incorporate Chris Johnson in the run game. He's not a between the tackles runner, so maybe a bunch of slip screens or other plays to get him the ball in space.

• I think Mario should make Brashard Smith run all of his gassers and all of Colby Young's gassers this week. There is no excuse for that fumble at the one yard line. Very low IQ move on his part. Two guys within arm's reach and he tries to extend the ball instead of covering it up.

• I'd kinda like to see Emory Williams get the start against UVA. I wanna see him against an average defense. This will give him a game where he should be able to take some chances down field and it gives TVD an extra week to get fully healthy. A fully healed TVD (knowing that we have a capable backup) going into NC State is what we need.

• I have to guess the entire Canes offense is beaten up this morning. We ran into 8 and 9 man fronts all game. Just a super physical game. Again, my fear is that the effect of last night will be seen against UVA. I'm also interested to see how Clemson looks next week. They're @NC State, who we play the following week.

• And as always - **** the ACC and their cheating *** referees and their accomplices in the ACC Network. The first half of this game and the Ga Tech game were beyond criminal. Something must be done. My preference is for UM to get the **** out of this bull**** conference. Taking less money to move to the Big XII is a better move than staying in the ACC.
It's not just the ACC refs being the most incompetent I have seen in a long time against Miami. It's like this throughout the conference. Did you see the horrible call against the Pitt QB? It keeps happening over and over in the conference. Maybe as a fan base we should start spaming the ACC office with complaints and try to get other fan bases on board. Then maybe there will be some accountability on the ACC and their officials. I have seen better officiating in high school then I have seen in the ACC this year.

Advertisement
It's not just the ACC refs being the most incompetent I have seen in a long time against Miami. It's like this throughout the conference. Did you see the horrible call against the Pitt QB? It keeps happening over and over in the conference. Maybe as a fan base we should start spaming the ACC office with complaints and try to get other fan bases on board. Then maybe there will be some accountability on the ACC and their officials. I have seen better officiating in high school then I have seen in the ACC this year.

There is certainly merit to your point. That said, the two concepts can both exist. There is a high degree of incompetency among ACC referees, but they MOST CERTAINLY CHEAT AGAINST UM on a regular basis.

It’s even more annoying listening to the announcers skate past the bad calls . You watch other games and they’ll go on and on about the blown call, for a few plays at least and how egregious it is …we get a clear blown call on a safety and one announcer might as well be whispering his opinion that it’s a safety while the other is claiming it’s not discernible
that was frustrating me too...

Dude should've literally had a penalty called against him alone on each and every passing down. Was a joke the **** they were getting away with.
I agree but let me ask you this, and particularly for the perspective of a former player.
If Wiggins was in our receiver’s face (which he was) but not saying anything, just bouncing there within a few inches, is that still taunting? I wonder if Wiggins has found a loophole in the taunting penalty.

Advertisement
100% accurate.

My seats are the top row of club level so I can turn around and see the game on TV in the sky box behind me. The ACC Network purposely showed the replay of Lee's block below the waist just after the clemson LB INTENTIONALLY tripped him. Games on the ACC Network is where we see the most cheating.
FWIW the TV announcers said he just fell down

I agree but let me ask you this, and particularly for the perspective of a former player.
If Wiggins was in our receiver’s face (which he was) but not saying anything, just bouncing there within a few inches, is that still taunting? I wonder if Wiggins has found a loophole in the taunting penalty.
That's 1trillion percent taunting. It was also pass interference.

I got people in my twitter comments going that the non-safety was the correct call

i swear the dumb****ery on the internet...

Advertisement
I got people in my twitter comments going that the non-safety was the correct call

i swear the dumb****ery on the internet...
What is their argument? It wasn’t a forward progress issue as the QB was running backwards into the end zone. His knee was not down at the 1

FWIW the TV announcers said he just fell down

Doesnt surprise me. Like I said, the ACC Network seems to work in conjunction to the ACC referees.

In the post game locker room show on QAM they asked Lee about it and he confirmed what 2/3rd of the stadium saw live, that he was in fact tripped by a Clemson player on that play.

I hear and understand the talk of wanting out of the BS ACC, but honestly, no conference wants us. They all hate us! Miami showed early on that when they are good, they are dominant... without cheating... with all eyes on them.

College football needs us to be back, but the conferences don't want us.

Advertisement
I would agree with that.
Maybe some of those drop backs that Emory did have, he would have let it rip and thrown it deeper or intermediate, but he played the cautious approach and I'm thankful. On those drop back that weren't screen or hooks mind you.

To finalize this subset of the discussion, I should add this:

There is a notable difference in "zip" between the way the ball comes out of TVD's hand and the way it came out of Emory's hand last night. NOTABLE difference in zip.

What is their argument? It wasn’t a forward progress issue as the QB was running backwards into the end zone. His knee was not down at the 1
they're saying the moment he gets tackled, the spot is dead

problem is, its still a safety them

100% accurate.

My seats are the top row of club level so I can turn around and see the game on TV in the sky box behind me. The ACC Network purposely showed the replay of Lee's block below the waist just after the clemson LB INTENTIONALLY tripped him. Games on the ACC Network is where we see the most cheating.
Don’t know how they pick the crews, but I suspect that the networks get the better crews and the **** dogs are relegated to the other networks. Bc these mfer’s couldn’t ref Pop Warner games. And, then to double down on their bullshyt calls. Rubbing salt in the ***king wound. Canes Admin needs to log a protest. Create a paper trail on these Donkeys. Agree, *** the ACC.

Advertisement
Back