the morning after - a few more thoughts

SFbayCane

All American
  • We saw a bunch of trap plays yesterday. The creativity in the run-game that we've all been calling for showed up last night. Very good mix of run plays.

• This was an amazingly physical game (as many have noted). Our running backs took a ton of heavy hits last night. I dont think we can have another game like this next week.

• Next week I think we need to find a way to incorporate Chris Johnson in the run game. He's not a between the tackles runner, so maybe a bunch of slip screens or other plays to get him the ball in space.

• I think Mario should make Brashard Smith run all of his gassers and all of Colby Young's gassers this week. There is no excuse for that fumble at the one yard line. Very low IQ move on his part. Two guys within arm's reach and he tries to extend the ball instead of covering it up.

• I'd kinda like to see Emory Williams get the start against UVA. I wanna see him against an average defense. This will give him a game where he should be able to take some chances down field and it gives TVD an extra week to get fully healthy. A fully healed TVD (knowing that we have a capable backup) going into NC State is what we need.

• I have to guess the entire Canes offense is beaten up this morning. We ran into 8 and 9 man fronts all game. Just a super physical game. Again, my fear is that the effect of last night will be seen against UVA. I'm also interested to see how Clemson looks next week. They're @NC State, who we play the following week.

• And as always - **** the ACC and their cheating *** referees and their accomplices in the ACC Network. The first half of this game and the Ga Tech game were beyond criminal. Something must be done. My preference is for UM to get the **** out of this bull**** conference. Taking less money to move to the Big XII is a better move than staying in the ACC.

Advertisement
Solid analysis my man

I think the point about how physical the game was along with our depth getting shakier and shakier is a good one

Both teams are beat to **** today and you don’t bounce back all the time in one week

Agreed. A key for us is that we have another home game next week. 3:30PM start. ACC Network. :devilish:

My hope is that UVA will not be on their A-game after such a massive win over UNC last night. Tough for college kids to get up on consecutive weeks, especially when the second game is on the road.

• And as always - **** the ACC and their cheating *** referees and their accomplices in the ACC Network. The first half of this game and the Ga Tech game were beyond criminal. Something must be done. My preference is for UM to get the **** out of this bull**** conference. Taking less money to move to the Big XII is a better move than staying in the ACC.
at least the o line analyst guy called it a safety and blown call. hasselback kept saying almost safety.

Advertisement
If this game was on ABC they call that a safety. They call all the taunting calls on Clemson. See how much different the game was called when we played prime time against UNC vs on ACC networks or that raycom mess

100% accurate.

My seats are the top row of club level so I can turn around and see the game on TV in the sky box behind me. The ACC Network purposely showed the replay of Lee's block below the waist just after the clemson LB INTENTIONALLY tripped him. Games on the ACC Network is where we see the most cheating.

Agreed. A key for us is that we have another home game next week. 3:30PM start. ACC Network. :devilish:

My hope is that UVA will not be on their A-game after such a massive win over UNC last night. Tough for college kids to get up on consecutive weeks, especially when the second game is on the road.
Yeah I didn’t see the UNC game but assuming they’ll have a solid hangover from that one. Impressive they were able to beat them but probably more of a “any given Saturday” kinda thing

Advertisement
at least the o line analyst guy called it a safety and blown call. hasselback kept saying almost safety.

Meaningless bull****. That's the sports equivalent of a politician saying they will write a sternly worded email to appease his constituents.

Here's a random view from my season seats. I had a perfect view of the safety in real time. The forward tip of the ball was a good 18+ inches into the end zone and the side judge immediately ran to the one yard line while looking intently at the referee.

(unrelated side note: this pic was just before the last play of the game)

Seat Pic 1.jpg

Yeah I didn’t see the UNC game but assuming they’ll have a solid hangover from that one. Impressive they were able to beat them but probably more of a “any given Saturday” kinda thing

More so than an Any given Saturday thing, I think it goes to my theory that its tough for college kids to get super-hyped on consecutive weeks. UNC had a monster performance against UM last week then went on the road to UVA yesterday. Im guessing they didnt play their best ball.

Advertisement
Meaningless bull****. That's the sports equivalent of a politician saying they will write a sternly worded email to appease his constituents.

Here's a random view from my season seats. I had a perfect view of the safety in real time. The forward tip of the ball was a good 18+ inches into the end zone and the side judge immediately ran to the one yard line while looking intently at the referee.

(unrelated side note: this pic was just before the last play of the game)

View attachment 262326
Love that white out

• We saw a bunch of trap plays yesterday. The creativity in the run-game that we've all been calling for showed up last night. Very good mix of run plays.

• This was an amazingly physical game (as many have noted). Our running backs took a ton of heavy hits last night. I dont think we can have another game like this next week.

• Next week I think we need to find a way to incorporate Chris Johnson in the run game. He's not a between the tackles runner, so maybe a bunch of slip screens or other plays to get him the ball in space.

• I think Mario should make Brashard Smith run all of his gassers and all of Colby Young's gassers this week. There is no excuse for that fumble at the one yard line. Very low IQ move on his part. Two guys within arm's reach and he tries to extend the ball instead of covering it up.

• I'd kinda like to see Emory Williams get the start against UVA. I wanna see him against an average defense. This will give him a game where he should be able to take some chances down field and it gives TVD an extra week to get fully healthy. A fully healed TVD (knowing that we have a capable backup) going into NC State is what we need.

• I have to guess the entire Canes offense is beaten up this morning. We ran into 8 and 9 man fronts all game. Just a super physical game. Again, my fear is that the effect of last night will be seen against UVA. I'm also interested to see how Clemson looks next week. They're @NC State, who we play the following week.

Just goes withput saying...there is substantial film evidence that ACC officials are engaged inna deliberate scheme to cheat Miami, and perhaps other schools, in the same manner as Tim Donaghy from the NBA. Is the purpose the same I can't say, but the methodology is absolutely the same, there is no disputing it.

I'm not sure of the remedy and I do not have confidence Radovich is the personality that will address it.

JFC.

I watched the UVA vs UNC replay twice now...

UNC just looked lost and shell shocked...

Need I remind porsters...

UVA WAS EXPECTED TO GO WINLESS THIS SEASON.

Advertisement
Love that white out

So I begrudgingly did my part by doing laundry just to wash the only white Canes T-shirt I own and wore it to the game. I was glad to see that only about 55-60 percent of the fans wore white. If they have another white out, I'll wear orange or green.

I despise all of the non-football crap our athletic department does.

Very low IQ move on his part. Two guys within arm's reach and he tries to extend the ball instead of covering it up.
That's not what happened. He was gassing out and the defender was catching him on the right side(ball side) so he was trying to switch the arm he was carrying the ball in over to the left. At the same time the defender reached and he tried to secure with two hands but he bobbled it on the switch and the rest we know.

I watched the UVA vs UNC replay twice now...

UNC just looked lost and shell shocked...

Need I remind porsters...

UVA WAS EXPECTED TO GO WINLESS THIS SEASON.

Again, UNC played a near perfect game against us last week. A let down game like this was a very real possibility. Glad UVA got the win.

Advertisement
Back