The More You Know...About North Carolina

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
128.jpg

The Canes are 4-2 after getting worked over by Notre Dame. We're now at the the half-way point of the season, and are begining a 3 game home stand against conference foes. UNC comes to town this weekend.

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

Conference
Overall
Coastal
W
L
W
L
Miami (FL)
141.jpg
Duke
141.jpg
North Carolina
141.jpg
Virginia Tech
141.jpg
Georgia Tech
141.jpg
Virginia
141.jpg

Unreal that us and Duke are in the driver's seat in the Coastal Division. UNC isn't eligible for post-season play, so their spot in the standings isn't really relevent. Don't misunderstand that though, just because they can't win the division doesn't mean they'll lie down and quit (looking at you Miami). UNC just got done hanging **** near 50 on Virginia Tech. Here's what Viginia Tech fans are saying about that game.

chicagomaroon said:
If you're looking for a thought-provoking, soul-crushing analysis, this is not going to be it. If you want that, read this: The Gobbler Country Manifesto I posted after last week's loss still applies in nearly every way. If anything, the only thing necessary is to ADD to that 6,600+ word post, and I don't think I have it in me right now. Don't think that my lack of post-game reaction is a lack of emotion over what I just watched. I'M MAD AS **** WE'RE LOSING, AND NOT JUST LOSING, BUT GETTING CURB-STOMPED! AND IT HAS TO STOP! IT MUST STOP! WE AS FANS WILL DEMAND THAT IT STOPS! But for now, I will leave it to this short post, and return to the issue when it doesn't make me feel like I am dying inside.

Lulz at those inbred pieces of **** getting all jammed up. Couldn't happen to better fan base.

2. What happened the last time Miami played North Carolina?

60.jpg

From the Associated Press:
Criticized heavily throughout his career for being turnover-prone, Harris finished without an interception for the third consecutive game. Before he took a knee to close out the first half, Harris had led the Hurricanes to points on 10 of their last 11 possessions dating to their 38-35 loss at Virginia Tech last week.

We came out firing that day, then held on for dear life in the last minute...sound familiar?

3. Who to be scared of:

61.jpg

Bryn Renner

Renner is the goods. He's a prototypical pocket passer, that can make all the throws. He will throw for unlimited yards against us, especially against our defense. Expect it.

4. Player that will score against us:

2.jpg

Sean Tapley

UM recruited Tapley under Shannon. He's one of the many failed attempts to land a kid from the Jacksonville area. He returned a kickoff for a TD against Virginia Tech last week. First time that's happened to them since 1993. Look for him and Erik Highsmith to be open all day long and have eleventy-billion yards receiving.

5. Person that will **** you off:

62.jpg

Giovani Bernard

Bernard should be all three categories this week, but that would've been too easy. Most of us have known about Bernard since he was a Junior at St. Thomas Aquinas. He either wasn't interested in us, or wasn't prioritized as much as Eduardo Clements. He's the best back in the conference and it's not even close. That's what will **** you off. With each carry, you will be reminded about what could or should have been. He just got done rushing for 262 yards against Virginia Tech. That's the most a Frank Beamer coached team has ever given up. If he can run roushshod over a Bud Foster defense, what do you think he'll do against us?

6. Official Internet meme for this game:

High Expectations Asian Father

63.jpg

Just ******* win.

[video=youtube;0uVAmxfBnTw]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVAmxfBnTw[/video]

Advertisement
we finna git got on saturday. not looking forward to it at all....will prepare **** appropriately.

Advertisement
What about their defense? Should we be able to move the ball well and get big plays?

They still have butch recruits on the Dline, they have couple guys who can rush the passer and be disruptive. Think our oline should be able to handle them but we havent really been faced with speed rushers yet so we will see. They seem to blitz a good amount also. I think their front seven is pretty good but their back 4 will allow some plays. Shoule be interesting to see if we can cash in this week since we couldnt last week.

Gonna suck watching Gio do work in sun life while Clements will be a 3rd string back his whole career

Advertisement
Wake Forest beat these guys..enough said. We lost to #4 KSU and # 5 ND.

We are home after a beat down. Kids will be up to play.

This will be an extremely tough test for our kids. We better come up with something on D cause this one is important.

This will be an extremely tough test for our kids. We better come up with something on D cause this one is important.

You havent heard? We have the cover 3 corners 20 yards off throw the net on the ball defense... We got this

You havent heard? We have the cover 3 corners 20 yards off throw the net on the ball defense... We got this

that way we can keep all plays under 30 yards and hope and pray for an inerrant throw or drop to get off the field. What does he eat for lunch ?? Milk toast and more milk toast??

Advertisement

:rollcanes:

Love comments like this.....You guys want me to go back and find all the quotes of people saying were gonna smoke KSU and ND cause they only beat so and so team....???

Love comments like this.....You guys want me to go back and find all the quotes of people saying were gonna smoke KSU and ND cause they only beat so and so team....???

Thats because very few people watch a lot of football or watch it with respect of just grading teams. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew Notre Dame was going to kick us in the teeth. I thought we would score about 20 more and make it a 44-24 type game but dropped passes/penalties/mistakes and not being ready for the big stage is going to accelerate any blowout.

UNC is a nightmare matchup for us. So is FSU. But we should win from there on out. If we get by UNC, we have a legit shot at 9 wins. And with this defense and youth galore, you take that and run.

Advertisement
What about their defense? Should we be able to move the ball well and get big plays?

Ah yes. That's the real question. Every analysis of an opponent should begin and end with their defense. Analyzing their offense is completely pointless because each offense we face, whether it's a juggernaught or hot garbage (i.e. notre dame) will move the ball up and down the field at will and attempt to break the scoreboard. The difference in these games is whether our offense will be able to keep up or not.

UNC has given up 28 and 39 to wake and louisville on the road. They've given up 6 and 34 to East Carolina and VT at home. We should be able to put up some points on them.

I expect a W saturday. Not understanding all the pessimism. Yea we got raped by ND. It's not like they're a top 10 team or we were on the road or anything.....

Comparing one game to the next in college football is absolutely useless. I really wish people would just stop.

You kook at our strengths/weaknesses and their strengths/weaknesses not what we or they did against other opponents.

I expect a W saturday. Not understanding all the pessimism. Yea we got raped by ND. It's not like they're a top 10 team or we were on the road or anything.....

I agree. No wins will come easy this season, and we are not that good, but.....neither is the ACC. We lost to a pair of undefeated top 10 teams on the road. UNC beat who again? Even VT is suspect this season. We are at home, the kids should be ****ed, and we have a real shot at winning.

Advertisement
Back