The More You Know...About NC State

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
128.jpg

The Canes are 3-1 and coming off of an emotional overtime win over Georgia Tech. Time to refocus our attention to this weeks opponent as UM welcomes NC State to town.

[video=youtube;fdMxRG9Jol0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdMxRG9Jol0[/video]

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

Conference
Overall
Atlantic
W
L
W
L
Florida State
141.jpg
Wake Forest
141.jpg
North Carolina State
141.jpg
Maryland
141.jpg
Clemson
141.jpg
Boston College
141.jpg

The Woldfpack have the same record as us, but have yet to get their ACC cherry popped this year. Here's to hoping we make their first time painful, awkward, and with lots of crying afterward.

2. What happened the last time Miami played NC State?

27.jpg

From the Associated Press:
Once again, Wilson's mobility caused headaches for an opposing defense. The redshirt freshman had a 29-yard scramble to set up his short TD toss to Brown on the Wolfpack's first drive, then scored from 29 yards early in the second quarter on a keeper to tie the game at 14. Wilson also extended his school-record streak of 226 passes without an interception, the longest in the nation. In his past eight starts, Wilson has thrown 16 touchdown passes with no picks.

It was the Russell Wilson show that day. I didn't even know Russell Wilson was a real person until this game. Wilson ran circles around our defense all day long. Now he's starting as a rookie with Seahawks and doing in the NFL what he did in college. Miami was 10 days removed from getting their *** kicked on a nationally televised game against Georgia Tech and had nothing to play for. This game was also the last time Robert Marve wore a Miami uniform.

3. Who to be scared of:

160.jpg

Mike Glennon

They've only played 4 games, but Glennon already has thrown 85 of 134 (63.4%) for 982 yards. He's a 5th year senior, having to sit in Wilson's shadow for the bulk of his college career. Now he's in his 2nd season as a starter and he's doing a pretty good job, a helluva lot better than his ****** brother Sean. Expect him to light up our secondary like a Christmas tree just like Chase Rettig did in the Boston College game.

4. Player that will score against us:

28.jpg

Bryan Underwood

All Underwood does is catch touchdowns. He leads the team in touchdowns with 4 (1 in each game) on just 9 receptions. Whether it's a deep ball (two 40+ yard TD's) or in the redzone, he will score.

5. Person that will **** you off:

29.jpg

Quintin Payton

Payton is the go to receiver for the Wolfpack, leading the team in both receptions (17) and yards (338). Against their toughest opponent this year (Tennessee), he had over 100 yards receiving including one that went for 49 yards. This is the guy that will be moving the sticks and getting open over the middle to keep drives alive.
When it's 3rd and long and we need a stop, he will come up with a big time catch and make you break your cell phone. Prepare yourself.

6. Official Internet meme for this game:

Insanity Wolf

161.jpg

Just ******* win.

[video=youtube;ZqRtMbH4bsc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRtMbH4bsc[/video]

Advertisement
Good stuff. We have to get a pass rush or it will be a long game. Also, Morris has to take care of the ball against their secondary. We dont have a Patterson but we have a Scott, Davon, and Dorsett that can do some damage.

That being said:

Miami 38
NC State 27

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dan E. Dangerously again.

I look forward to these every week and your recaps... Keep it up! Love it!

/Al Golden gets it
//Beat the Pack!

Well thanks for tempering my expectations a bit.

Feels like every game will be a challenge, and this is no different. Can't wait to see the young kids this Saturday!!!

Advertisement
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dan E. Dangerously again.

NC State played Tennessee first game and lost, barely beat UConn on the road 10-7, then played South Alabama and The Citadel at home. They literally haven't played a real team in a month. Glennon has been getting fat on pansies. I think that's a big advantage for us. UM is already battle-tested.

Advertisement
yup gonna be another shoot out.... and WTF is up with that picture of underwood and the camera guy is wearing a UM shirt?

They've only played 4 games, but Glennon already has thrown 85 of 134 (63.4%) for 982 yards. He's a 5th year senior, having to sit in Wilson's shadow for the bulk of his college career. Now he's in his 2nd season as a starter and he's doing a pretty good job, a helluva lot better than his ****ty brother Sean. Expect him to light up our secondary like a Christmas tree just like Chase Rettig did in the Boston College game.

You mean the star Loan Officer at Home Savings & Trust Mortgages Sean?

NC State played Tennessee first game and lost, barely beat UConn on the road 10-7, then played South Alabama and The Citadel at home. They literally haven't played a real team in a month. I think that's a big advantage for us. UM is already battle-tested.

lets temper our excitement this seems like a game we usually feel real confident about until....... well yeah you know the rest.

Advertisement
NC State played Tennessee first game and lost, barely beat UConn on the road 10-7, then played South Alabama and The Citadel at home. They literally haven't played a real team in a month. I think that's a big advantage for us. UM is already battle-tested.

lets temper our excitement this seems like a game we usually feel real confident about until....... well yeah you know the rest.

I'm not saying we blow them out or anything, but I was a non-believer against GT so now I'm chugging orange kool-aid like a ****.

I'm not saying we blow them out or anything, but I was a non-believer against GT so now I'm chugging orange kool-aid like a ****.

thats what I mean we say **** we blow.. then we look good and win, TROLL JOB COMPLETE we are baited back in and with confidence high we are shoved off the cliff again.

They've only played 4 games, but Glennon already has thrown 85 of 134 (63.4%) for 982 yards. He's a 5th year senior, having to sit in Wilson's shadow for the bulk of his college career. Now he's in his 2nd season as a starter and he's doing a pretty good job, a helluva lot better than his ****ty brother Sean. Expect him to light up our secondary like a Christmas tree just like Chase Rettig did in the Boston College game.

You mean the star Loan Officer at Home Savings & Trust Mortgages Sean?

:newman:

Advertisement
Keep in mind. NC State has basically had three weeks to prepare for us. This will be a tough one. Hopefully we get some home field Heat and Humidity advantage. This has all the makings of a trap game.

This has the classic makings of a letdown game IMO after an emotional game on saturday...Hopefully Golden keeps these dudes focused

Every time I see these GI Joe PSA's, I think of Porkchop Sandwiches...

Anyway, bring on the wolfpack. I hope we can bring the pain.

Advertisement
Back