The More You Know...About Florida State

View as article
Honestly? We ain’t back. Don’t wanna be back. Just wanna win every game from here on. I know it’s wishful thinking, but that should be team’s target. Little things that winning teams do, like not pulling back on kickoffs and punts, simply because a fair catch signal was made, makes sure you are there if there’s a fumble or what have you. We still don’t do the little things effectively. Dumb penalties is another. Not seeing the ball into your hands as a receiver is another. I could go on. I’m okay with just one game at a time.

Advertisement
Agree with you, Dan, on not buying into the media hype. I know ESPN is not the greatest source of reality on the ground, but here’s a decent article on where we are, this season.

Agree with you, Dan, on not buying into the media hype. I know ESPN is not the greatest source of reality on the ground, but here’s a decent article on where we are, this season.

A few days ago, you'd have thought Louisville was a legitimate challenge to Clemson. Today:

"The big plays have been steady -- eight gains of 30-plus yards, three of 60-plus -- and there's no question that the Canes have lots of super-fast skill guys. But they're falling behind schedule quite a bit, and against ACC defenses that actually have a pulse (sorry, UL), it won't be quite as easy to catch back up to the chains. "

Advertisement
119945310_3501885753206562_3350616333673568857_n.jpg

It’s Florida State week. The 12th ranked Hurricanes host the clown shoes program from Tallahassee.

View attachment 131075

We started the year unranked, and now after 2 wins we are 12th. College football is weird. And like sands through the hour-glass, a hot start in Coral Gables means people in the national media are starting to write “iZ dA ewE bACk?” articles. These things are so stupid. I haven’t even read them, but I guarantee they make dumbass 80s and 90s references because it’s been so long since we were good. Like 2001 didn’t happen. Like we weren’t ranked in the top 10 throughout each season until 2006 after that. Like 2017 didn’t happen. Let alone the fact that these dumbass articles have been written a million times over and always end with the same conclusion. We won’t be back until we win another title.

Whatever. Don’t pay any attention to positive press, because they will be the first people to **** on us when we lose a game or 2. Just be glad that it’s helping our national perception after the way last year ended. The only reason the media is hyping us up is because they need marquee names while the Big 10 and SEC haven’t started playing. They expect us to lose to Clemson and they just want a high ranked matchup so they can discard us later.

Enough of my *****ing. This is a rivalry game. Rivalries are about hate. This is hate week. Here’s this week’s anthem.

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

View attachment 131076

it's crazy to see the divisions gone and Notre Dame listed among us. And it feels pretty **** good to see us ranked and near the top of the standings, while FSU is unranked and near the bottom. That’s what happens when you lose your season opener against the team picked to finish last in the conference. Still, we need to stay focused because we can’t overlook this cupcake on our schedule and get caught looking ahead to Clemson. Here's what the Jackets said about them:

View attachment 131077

View attachment 131078

View attachment 131079

View attachment 131080

View attachment 131081

It was a sad day in Noleville. Here's what the game looked like:

Sucks to suck.

2. What happened the last time Miami played FSU?

View attachment 131096

From the AP:

View attachment 131084

Poor Willie got fired after this game. Now he’s at FAU (Salute the Hoot), and they still owe him ~$17 million on his buyout. We dominated these dopes all day long last year. Gregory Rousseau had approximately eleventy-billion sacks that day. We haven’t had as much success at getting to the qb so far this year, but their OL is still butt cheese so this week should be food for our defense. What a ****show these guys are. **** FSU. 4 in a row soon come.

3. Who to be scared of:

View attachment 131085

Marvin Wilson

This fat tub of goo is FSU’s best player. He’s gotten more attention for running his mouth off the field than anything he’s actually accomplished on it. Whether he’s calling out Greg Rousseau for quitting on his team, or calling out his head coach for being a liar, he can’t help but attract attention. He’s also pretty **** good. Below are his highlights from 2019, but that’s just what I’m told because our horrible OL from last year put him on a milk carton.

4. Player that will score against us:

View attachment 131086

Tamorrion Terry

Terry is by far the biggest (and probably only) person to worry about on offense. He got loose against us in 2018, but Bandy and Ivey teamed up to make him a non-factor last year. His biggest claim to fame is his stupid Scary Terry mask.

View attachment 131087

Just the epitome of cringe. Hopefully we have something better for him than making Bolden do everything. Here’s his highlights from last year.

5. Some other guy:

View attachment 131088

Asante Samuel, Jr.

I really wanted him when he came out of St. Thomas Aquinas a few years ago, and he’s developed into **** good college corner for FSU. He’s just another in a long line of misses at corner for us over the past 5 years. Oh well. None of our receivers are that dangerous, so I expect him to do a good job locking up whoever he lines up against. He might even be tasked with covering Jordan. He already has 2 picks this year from their only game. Here’s his highlights from last year.

6. Person that will **** you off:

View attachment 131090

James Blackman

This guy’s greatest accomplishment is having his leg used as an air guitar by Kendrick Norton. He sucks as a player and as a person. For one, he nearly sparked a brawl in 2018 when he stood over an injured Jeff Thomas after a dirty tackle. Then he tried to pick a fight after that game and ran away scared when Gerald Willis showed up.

**** him, he has no highlights.

7. If FSU were an episode of Community, they would be:

View attachment 131091

Episode 605: Laws of Robotics & Party Rights

Circumventing rules on crowd size? -Check

Prominent person teleconferencing said event via tablet? -Check again

View attachment 131092

So FSU students ignored Covid precautions last week against Georgia Tech. This week 21% of students and staff tested positive. Their head coach has tested positive for the ‘Rona, but I’m sure it’s just a coincidence. Now he’ll be coaching from home via his Toshiba Handibook, because their school is too broke to afford iPads. Congratulations, FSU, you’ve only played 1 game and still Britta’d your season already. FSU is the worst.

Now that I think about it, between Scary Terry and this, FSU is basically Dan Harmon’s greatest hits. If FSU ever gets rid of their racist mascot and logo, they should just go ahead and become the Greendale Human Beings.

View attachment 131093

View attachment 131094

I must say that logo is already pretty apt.

8. Official Internet meme for this game:

Frustrated Florida State Dad

View attachment 131095

@Dan E. Dangerously You are THE CIS PROMO GAWD
3bedf255e471da408fc52a5d26a667a515cdc72e_128.jpg

Advertisement
You only come out when the team wins?? Dafugg...
His glorious work needs to be earned. If we suck, he takes his crayons and ball of yarn home. And I absolutely salute him for doing so. We win, we get good things. We Crap the bed, we don’t.

It’s Florida State week. The 12th ranked Hurricanes host the clown shoes program from Tallahassee.

View attachment 131075

We started the year unranked, and now after 2 wins we are 12th. College football is weird. And like sands through the hour-glass, a hot start in Coral Gables means people in the national media are starting to write “iZ dA ewE bACk?” articles. These things are so stupid. I haven’t even read them, but I guarantee they make dumbass 80s and 90s references because it’s been so long since we were good. Like 2001 didn’t happen. Like we weren’t ranked in the top 10 throughout each season until 2006 after that. Like 2017 didn’t happen. Let alone the fact that these dumbass articles have been written a million times over and always end with the same conclusion. We won’t be back until we win another title.

Whatever. Don’t pay any attention to positive press, because they will be the first people to **** on us when we lose a game or 2. Just be glad that it’s helping our national perception after the way last year ended. The only reason the media is hyping us up is because they need marquee names while the Big 10 and SEC haven’t started playing. They expect us to lose to Clemson and they just want a high ranked matchup so they can discard us later.

Enough of my *****ing. This is a rivalry game. Rivalries are about hate. This is hate week. Here’s this week’s anthem.

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

View attachment 131076

it's crazy to see the divisions gone and Notre Dame listed among us. And it feels pretty **** good to see us ranked and near the top of the standings, while FSU is unranked and near the bottom. That’s what happens when you lose your season opener against the team picked to finish last in the conference. Still, we need to stay focused because we can’t overlook this cupcake on our schedule and get caught looking ahead to Clemson. Here's what the Jackets said about them:

View attachment 131077

View attachment 131078

View attachment 131079

View attachment 131080

View attachment 131081

It was a sad day in Noleville. Here's what the game looked like:

Sucks to suck.

2. What happened the last time Miami played FSU?

View attachment 131096

From the AP:

View attachment 131084

Poor Willie got fired after this game. Now he’s at FAU (Salute the Hoot), and they still owe him ~$17 million on his buyout. We dominated these dopes all day long last year. Gregory Rousseau had approximately eleventy-billion sacks that day. We haven’t had as much success at getting to the qb so far this year, but their OL is still butt cheese so this week should be food for our defense. What a ****show these guys are. **** FSU. 4 in a row soon come.

3. Who to be scared of:

View attachment 131085

Marvin Wilson

This fat tub of goo is FSU’s best player. He’s gotten more attention for running his mouth off the field than anything he’s actually accomplished on it. Whether he’s calling out Greg Rousseau for quitting on his team, or calling out his head coach for being a liar, he can’t help but attract attention. He’s also pretty **** good. Below are his highlights from 2019, but that’s just what I’m told because our horrible OL from last year put him on a milk carton.

4. Player that will score against us:

View attachment 131086

Tamorrion Terry

Terry is by far the biggest (and probably only) person to worry about on offense. He got loose against us in 2018, but Bandy and Ivey teamed up to make him a non-factor last year. His biggest claim to fame is his stupid Scary Terry mask.

View attachment 131087

Just the epitome of cringe. Hopefully we have something better for him than making Bolden do everything. Here’s his highlights from last year.

5. Some other guy:

View attachment 131088

Asante Samuel, Jr.

I really wanted him when he came out of St. Thomas Aquinas a few years ago, and he’s developed into **** good college corner for FSU. He’s just another in a long line of misses at corner for us over the past 5 years. Oh well. None of our receivers are that dangerous, so I expect him to do a good job locking up whoever he lines up against. He might even be tasked with covering Jordan. He already has 2 picks this year from their only game. Here’s his highlights from last year.

6. Person that will **** you off:

View attachment 131090

James Blackman

This guy’s greatest accomplishment is having his leg used as an air guitar by Kendrick Norton. He sucks as a player and as a person. For one, he nearly sparked a brawl in 2018 when he stood over an injured Jeff Thomas after a dirty tackle. Then he tried to pick a fight after that game and ran away scared when Gerald Willis showed up.

**** him, he has no highlights.

7. If FSU were an episode of Community, they would be:

View attachment 131091

Episode 605: Laws of Robotics & Party Rights

View attachment 131092

So FSU students ignored Covid precautions last week against Georgia Tech. This week 21% of students and staff tested positive. Their head coach has tested positive for the ‘Rona, but I’m sure it’s just a coincidence. Now he’ll be coaching from home via his Toshiba Handibook, because their school is too broke to afford iPads. Congratulations, FSU, you’ve only played 1 game and still Britta’d your season already. FSU is the worst.

Now that I think about it, between Scary Terry and this, FSU is basically Dan Harmon’s greatest hits. If FSU ever gets rid of their racist mascot and logo, they should just go ahead and become the Greendale Human Beings.

View attachment 131093

View attachment 131094

I must say that logo is already pretty apt.

8. Official Internet meme for this game:

Frustrated Florida State Dad

View attachment 131095

Arguably the best. Funny ****.
Truth told though, as U said, we can’t afford to f-k around with this team, no matter how hilarious they are to us, and let them believe. The hatred aspect could carry them over the finish line if we become our own worst enemy.

Honestly? We ain’t back. Don’t wanna be back. Just wanna win every game from here on. I know it’s wishful thinking, but that should be team’s target. Little things that winning teams do, like not pulling back on kickoffs and punts, simply because a fair catch signal was made, makes sure you are there if there’s a fumble or what have you. We still don’t do the little things effectively. Dumb penalties is another. Not seeing the ball into your hands as a receiver is another. I could go on. I’m okay with just one game at a time.
Bottom line, what is “back”?

We are “back” to the point where we could scare a consistent fundamentally sound football team, like a Clemson or Alabama, but we aren’t one of those squads with that kind of coaching.

The next step, that we were a million miles away from last year, is convincingly winning the games we are supposed to win. Sure, FSU would rarely fall into that category if ever, but this year they are pretty close.

Advertisement
unless we have 5 turnovers and **** freezes over I just don't see how FSU led by james blackman could possibly keep up with our offense

who knows with the defense, I think we'll be improved but even if we give up 30 points, no way they are stopping king and lashlee

View attachment 131092

This was the best thing about that GT - FSU broadcast (besides the fact FSU lost). The commentators were doing the whole PR puff piece about how it was great to have fans back in the stadium and here's all the COVID-19 policies they're diligently following.

The commentator cut it off halfway through when those images came on the screen and quickly went back to talking about the game. :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back