The More You Know...About FIU

hesskilla

VILLAGE IDIOT
Butch Davis and his unstoppable South Florida juggernaut will make their way up to the Rock this weekend. Let's see what they're all about.
1537247817271.gif

What a difference two weeks makes. After our opening week performance against LSU, most fans were in a bit of a rage over this developing relationship.
D8B3893B-1798-49E7-A6AE-EF262225138C.jpeg

There is no way to make yourself feel better about that first game. We got waxed harder than all 90’s **** stars combined. Malik wasn’t accurate, Ahmmon got suspended for getting in his face at halftime (source @Brooklyndee,) and our O-line wasn’t prepared for those hog mollies. Thankfully we got to play the little sisters of the poor the following week. It was good to see Nkosi and Cade get some burn along with Lorenzo Lingaaawd. Toledo put up a good fight at home, but the Canes were never going to lose that game, not while CMR is our head coach. I don’t know if fans are happy yet, but at least they aren’t fuming mad. Plus, this helps
FSU May Fire Willie - But I Hope
Odds that Willy T. is FSU's coach on November 25?
FSU fans start “Go Fund Me” campaign to buy out Taggart!
Though Shall Not Slander Willie Taggart
FSU game
Willie Taggart after game presser
FSU fa**ots
Willie Taggart

Although, my personal favorite is this video.

So far through 3 games, offensively we rank 62nd in the country at 407.5 yards per game. That is behind the 450.7 yards of the 39th ranked offense of the Panthers from FIU. They average 39.7 points per game compared to the Hurricanes 33 ppg. Sorry guys, the 77 we hung on Savannah State doesn’t count. Taking out the cupcake in our schedule, the U only ranks 23rd in defensive ypg and 73rd in points given up. This is still better than the vaunted Butch Davis Defense coming in at 81st and 68th respectively. I would expect more from a Gawd. @CaneDynasty

41A8522D-62EF-4760-A3A8-574B0C08FBD0.jpeg

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

AE8379BC-D0E9-4AFC-95BD-7C10C7312710.jpeg

Miami comes in at #21 in the AP. These rankings shouldn’t change too much for Miami unless they were to somehow lose this game. A win probably only moves them up a spot or two. This game has no bearing on the ACC standings, however it’s nice to see where the U stands. The Hurricanes are a 27 point favorite currently.

D99AEE30-88BD-42E9-AB9D-C8912ACFAABB.jpeg

2. What happened the last time Miami played FIU?:

Miami and FIU have only played twice, 2006 and 2007, with Miami winning both times.
Winsipedia - FIU Golden Panthers vs. Miami (FL) Hurricanes football series history
65CA1D26-7F37-4E14-94CF-47F57D6027E3.png

There was also this little scuffle.

3. Who to be scared of:

Paul Hilton “Butch” Davis, first of his name, King of the Andals, The unburnt, father of dragons, breaker of chains, and rightful heir to Coral Gables.

17760E4F-D21F-405C-9AEF-A2228F624F42.jpeg

Pappy doesn’t look so intimidating anymore now does he? I bet he would love a big ole ice cream cone after working all game long.

4. Player that will score on us:

Shawndarrius Phillips

D73AE446-81BE-45F5-B199-9EBF4719BB8B.jpeg

He has 45 carries for 249 yards and 4 TDS so far this season. He was a 3 star recruit out of Atlantic in Delray Beach. You know what they say about Florida 3 stars.

5. Person that will **** you off:

Malik Rosier

30E01EA4-E36E-42FE-B4BB-1DE1507D13ED.png

Hmmmmmm....... Well, how about this one.

3D3BF771-B603-43E2-86C1-0F528DB55892.jpeg

Yes, he is laughing at you. No matter how many great plays this guy makes, I just can’t get over all the missed throws. That Pitt game last year was rough. Anyway, I’ll be rooting for and cursing at him this weekend I’m sure.

6. Best Part about FIU:

FA000D2B-72D3-477F-AAAB-57A39A089DC8.jpeg

Sorry, @Paranos, I couldn’t find any hog mollies for you.

7. Prediction:

Miami starts out slow in this one, but finally pulls away at the end, and I get to see Nkosi Perry take a series in victory formation. The Canes just barely cover the spread.

6CBE258D-A632-44FD-B6DE-B0D9BE92084E.jpeg

I predict a pick six from Mr. Bandy.

Miami(-27): 38
FIU: 10

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree on number 6 - if you haven't been out to University Park lately, a lot of diverse talent out there. Still not Coral Gables pound for pound, but definitely on the upswing in that department.

Malik.....you sum it up perfectly, one minute I'm cursing the guy, the next I'm yelling at the TV and grudgingly giving him credit for a good run or even a good throw (it happens from time to time). It is what it is and we'd better get used to it, as Richt has clearly decided that the best shot this team has at going 11-1 this year is with Malik at QB. I'm not even sure I disagree with that, though it will hurt the development at that position for 2019.

Advertisement
Agree on number 6 - if you haven't been out to University Park lately, a lot of diverse talent out there. Still not Coral Gables pound for pound, but definitely on the upswing in that department.

Malik.....you sum it up perfectly, one minute I'm cursing the guy, the next I'm yelling at the TV and grudgingly giving him credit for a good run or even a good throw (it happens from time to time). It is what it is and we'd better get used to it, as Richt has clearly decided that the best shot this team has at going 11-1 this year is with Malik at QB. I'm not even sure I disagree with that, though it will hurt the development at that position for 2019.

honestly, I think FIU beats out UM in this dept pretty handily. At least during my time there in 2010-2014, just absurd talent all over campus. Coral Gables has too many NE transplants. FIU is super diverse and has a lot more students so the pool to pick from is a lot bigger.

When I first saw "The More You Know" without @Dan E. Dangerously's name under it, I came in thinking this shlt better be good. When you try to cover a classic, you better not fvck it up.

Was not disappointed. Good effort OP.

Advertisement
So after we pound this team into oblivion will the stats from this game get backed out the way SS stats were?
No, FIU is an FBS school. Of course the stats will count. I just pulled the stats of a website that doesn't count non FBS teams, which I also happen to agree with for statistical purposes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back