The money is officially insane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The SEC shell game is bigger than saban.

I dunno. Baga being automatically assumed to be a top 3 team every year kinda sets up the whole conference narrative/propaganda. If Baga comes back down to Earth in a way that can't even be masked by the apologists in the media and a team like LSU doesn't pick up that mantle then I think they'll have national interest problems as a league faster than you can say Mike Shula or Dennis Franchione.

Advertisement
I dunno. Baga being automatically assumed to be a top 3 team every year kinda sets up the whole conference narrative/propaganda. If Baga comes back down to Earth in a way that can't even be masked by the apologists in the media and a team like LSU doesn't pick up that mantle then I think they'll have national interest problems as a league faster than you can say Mike Shula or Dennis Franchione.

National interest problems? There’s not a conference that comes even close to the interest the SEC drums up around the college football world. Why? Because they actually care about their biggest production and pour millions into its coffers.

They are always going to demand the best tv contracts for their product. Wait till Dabo takes over at Bama. The ACC will be even more insignificant than they are now.

The SEC and Big 10 are miles better than the other three currently. One is a basketball conference, one is on the West Coast with games at midnight and the other one is a Midwestern league being dominated by one program every year.

Advertisement
CBS got the steal of a lifetime getting that 3:30 game every Saturday for as cheap as they did. A huge pay day was always coming when this contract ran up.

Advertisement
Back