Other Sports The Masters 2024

JamesQuall

Bill Hader is Quall
Premium
I know we have a few golfers and/or people who enjoy watching it. Do y'all watch it?

Masters.com does a great job of covering the event and it's free. I wish all Majors were done this way.

Anyway, who are the primary players you'll be watching? Who do you have winning it?

Scheffler may be hard to beat if he can just be average at putting. Keopka also always does well at the Masters as long as he's healthy. I'd also like to see Rory win one.

Advertisement
Scottie has to be the favorite. Especially if his putter is cooperating. Otherwise you have to like:
Brooks
Rory
Rahm
Xander Schauffle
Hideki

Are a few of the others.

And maybe Phil has a little more magic in him.

Excited about this week and the weather looks great all weekend.

Scottie has to be the favorite. Especially if his putter is cooperating. Otherwise you have to like:
Brooks
Rory
Rahm
Xander Schauffle
Hideki

Are a few of the others.

wild tiger GIF

The Masters iz my sekund moist favrite sportin event. I still have fond memories of drankin a couple beers in the Clubhouse bar whilst my homies, Lee Westwould and Paddy Herington drank dark beers and watched socker.
Yeah my pa’s buddy in Martinez used ta give him tickets. Me and him went a cupple times. First time the lady at the gate tole me I culdnt where overalls in thar so pa took me to the Walmart ta git me a nice shirt a britches. We had a big time.

Advertisement
i think the coverage has been a joke so far. We're supposed to be able to get it on Paramount+ but I can't. And the Masters app doesn't have **** live either.

Anyways, I hope Speith wins. When he's 'on', he's the most talented golfer in the world. Problem is, he's never 'on' anymore. It would see him capture the green jacket again.

I can see Brooks making a run at it again and hopefully this time he doesn't run out of gas.

It's dope we get Scottie, Xander and Rory all in a group.

i think the coverage has been a joke so far. We're supposed to be able to get it on Paramount+ but I can't. And the Masters app doesn't have **** live either.

Anyways, I hope Speith wins. When he's 'on', he's the most talented golfer in the world. Problem is, he's never 'on' anymore. It would see him capture the green jacket again.

I can see Brooks making a run at it again and hopefully this time he doesn't run out of gas.

It's dope we get Scottie, Xander and Rory all in a group.
Surprised the masters app is lagging so far behind with live coverage. Usually they're the best

Brooks
Rory
Rahm
Xander Schauffle
Hideki

Are a few of the others.

Let’s hope it’s not like last year where they had to call a delay on Friday (or was it Saturday)

I want to see Xander Schauffle win but similar to Rory he always seems to have one day where he loses a step when he shouldn’t.

I’d love to see him compete but sadly I don’t think he makes the cut and if he does he will withdraw late due to injury.

I just think he’s too banged up to ever be able to walk as much as is required and not be hurting like ****

Advertisement
#1 player in the world and I can't watch him on ESPN or Paramount+...
They only really show highlights and the featured groups:

• Featured Groups -- 1-7:45 p.m.
    1 p.m. — Jon Rahm, Matt Fitzpatrick, Nick Dunlap
    1:24 p.m. — Wyndham Clark, Viktor Hovland, Cameron Smith
    3:54 p.m. — Tiger Woods, Jason Day, Max Homa
    4:30 p.m. — Dustin Johnson, Collin Morikawa, Tommy Fleetwood
They also feature holes 4, 5, 6 as well as Amen Corner, and holes 15 and 16 on the Masters app and the website. That's a good way to watch a portion of Scheffler's round

Advertisement
Just wrapped up his round at 65. What a great round 1.

Hard to bet against him with the way he's been playing lately.
He's gunning for it (obviously) but there's still a lot of golf left. Let's see what others do and how he plays tomorrow.

Scheffler is doing Scheffler things. He’s -6 through 16 and looking to make a run at the top of the leaderboard early.

Advertisement
At the conclusion of round 1 DeChambeau is leading by one stroke ahead of Scheffler.

Here’s the leaderboard after the first round (note that due to an early rain delay not everyone was able to complete the first round).

IMG_2710.png

It was an extremely windy day in Augusta so at the conclusion of day 2. We saw a LOT of big scores on the score cards. Even the best players in the world struggled to overcome the with steady 20mph+ winds with frequent gusts of 35-40+.

It looks like the projected cut line is going to be +6 something I haven’t seen at Augusta, again due to the high winds.

- Rory had his typical meltdown of a day taking himself firmly out of contention. Not a single birdie all day shooting a 77 to sit at +4 overall barely making it into the weekend.

- Homa had himself another great round and sits in a share of the lead at -6 along with DeChambeau and Scheffler.

- The big cat himself, Mr Woods makes his 24th consecutive cut and sits at +1.

It’s moving day tomorrow. Let’s see who can set themselves in position to win it all.

@Memnon Have you been watching? I’d like to hear your thoughts of this year so far.

@Geddy Lee I know you like to play, do you also like to watch it as well? If so, who’s your guy to look out for?

It was an extremely windy day in Augusta so at the conclusion of day 2. We saw a LOT of big scores on the score cards. Even the best players in the world struggled to overcome the with steady 20mph+ winds with frequent gusts of 35-40+.

It looks like the projected cut line is going to be +6 something I haven’t seen at Augusta, again due to the high winds.

- Rory had his typical meltdown of a day taking himself firmly out of contention. Not a single birdie all day shooting a 77 to sit at +4 overall barely making it into the weekend.

- Homa had himself another great round and sits in a share of the lead at -6 along with DeChambeau and Scheffler.

- The big cat himself, Mr Woods makes his 24th consecutive cut and sits at +1.

It’s moving day tomorrow. Let’s see who can set themselves in position to win it all.

@Memnon Have you been watching? I’d like to hear your thoughts of this year so far.

@Geddy Lee I know you like to play, do you also like to watch it as well? If so, who’s your guy to look out for?
I’ve been tracking it at work. Had some bets today that I went 2 for 4 on. Just over unders on players rounds. I gotta go with my boy Scheffler. But my soon to be brother in law threw $250 on DeChambeau to win before the tournament started so that would be nice too.

I’m golfing early Sunday morning so I’ll be home in time to watch the ending. I just hope it’s close.

Who is your guy?

Advertisement
Back