Other Sports The Masters 2024

I’ve been tracking it at work. Had some bets today that I went 2 for 4 on. Just over unders on players rounds. I gotta go with my boy Scheffler. But my soon to be brother in law threw $250 on DeChambeau to win before the tournament started so that would be nice too.

I’m golfing early Sunday morning so I’ll be home in time to watch the ending. I just hope it’s close.

Who is your guy?
I really like Scheffler as well. It’s hard to bet against him. He’s just insane with how steady and consistent he is.

I’d like to see either Rory get his grand slam (which he won’t this year) or Homa to get his first major win.

Advertisement
It was an extremely windy day in Augusta so at the conclusion of day 2. We saw a LOT of big scores on the score cards. Even the best players in the world struggled to overcome the with steady 20mph+ winds with frequent gusts of 35-40+.

It looks like the projected cut line is going to be +6 something I haven’t seen at Augusta, again due to the high winds.

- Rory had his typical meltdown of a day taking himself firmly out of contention. Not a single birdie all day shooting a 77 to sit at +4 overall barely making it into the weekend.

- Homa had himself another great round and sits in a share of the lead at -6 along with DeChambeau and Scheffler.

- The big cat himself, Mr Woods makes his 24th consecutive cut and sits at +1.

It’s moving day tomorrow. Let’s see who can set themselves in position to win it all.

@Memnon Have you been watching? I’d like to hear your thoughts of this year so far.

@Geddy Lee I know you like to play, do you also like to watch it as well? If so, who’s your guy to look out for?
Scottie Scheffler has had the best putting in Golf this season. He'd have the lead if he didn't bogey at 7. But pretty much everyone has bogeyed at 7 today, except for DeChambeau.

I don't think Homa's gonna keep the lead by tomorrow. The scores are gonna come down & Scheffler's probably gonna run away with it.

I think Pat Reed & Collin Morikawa climb the leader board & pick up a few strokes.

As far as my guy Tiger, I'm hoping he can shoot at least a 68 to get with in striking distance on Sunday when the Red shirt comes out. But his fairway hitting is all over the place as usual, which makes it harder for him to maintain par. If he can just get on the greens in 2-3 shots (depending on the hole), his putting is still ice cold & that chip-in shot on 6 was vintage Tiger. His wedge game is still impeccable.

He just needs to stay out of the **** trees lol

I really like Scheffler as well. It’s hard to bet against him. He’s just insane with how steady and consistent he is.

I’d like to see either Rory get his grand slam (which he won’t this year) or Homa to get his first major win.
I like Homa. I wish I could watch tomorrow.

Not the biggest Tiger fan but it’s **** impressive he made the cut for what 24 straight years? That was one of the bets I lost. I said he’d shoot over a 73.

Scottie Scheffler has had the best putting in Golf this season. He'd have the lead if he didn't bogey at 7. But pretty much everyone has bogeyed at 7 today, except for DeChambeau.

I don't think Homa's gonna keep the lead by tomorrow. The scores are gonna come down & Scheffler's probably gonna run away with it.

I think Pat Reed & Collin Morikawa climb the leader board & pick up a few strokes.

As far as my guy Tiger, I'm hoping he can shoot at least a 68 to get with in striking distance on Sunday when the Red shirt comes out. But his fairway hitting is all over the place as usual, which makes it harder for him to maintain par. If he can just get on the greens in 2-3 shots (depending on the hole), his putting is still ice cold & that chip-in shot on 6 was vintage Tiger. His wedge game is still impeccable.

He just needs to stay out of the **** trees lol
Since switching to the mallet putter Scottie’s putting has improved dramatically.

I agree with Reed. He always seems to do well at Augusta.

And Tiger well he has surprised a lot of people with how well his body has held up. He scrambled like a mad man and barely had any birdie putts.

It’s going to be exciting to watch.

I like Homa. I wish I could watch tomorrow.

Not the biggest Tiger fan but it’s **** impressive he made the cut for what 24 straight years? That was one of the bets I lost. I said he’d shoot over a 73.
What he did was show how good he is when he is even semi healthy. I thought he would’ve been limping and shoot what Rory shot.

Advertisement
This is me tomorrow morning

Attachments

• IMG_0569.png
    IMG_0569.png
    841 KB · Views: 0
There's a few courses you never bet against Tiger on,

1. Torrey Pines
2. Pebble Beach
3. Augusta

He always plays his best at those spots.

Advertisement
With birdies at 13, 14, and 16 Scottie Scheffler not only won the Masters but put an exclamation point on it to win by 4 stroke.

That makes his 2nd green jacket in 2 years. When it’s all said and done I think he has more wins than Phil Mickelson.

Advertisement
Back