The Mario transition

Advertisement
Things are already looking more positive. Mario came thru recruiting and the future is very bright 😎 we couldn’t have anyone else who would care about the program more than Mario. He is a true cane. His heart is in this. He wont fail us. His tireless unselfish work ethic will filter to the team. It’s a coincidence that Mario ended up in Oregon. I’ve been following Duck football for over 20 years living on the west coast. I was thrilled when he got that job but of course I’m really happy about him coming home. He was revered in Eugene with carte blanche and the best facilities in college football. Give him another recruiting class. He wont fail us.

Mario has a body of work to earn some patience, at least that’s how I feel. CIS will probably be calling him out in year 3 if he doesn't meet expectations.
You give these guys too much credit. He will be called out after the first loss.

Then he’s got work to do. You know **** well CIS would have run Harbaugh out of town like year 3 for not beating OSU. There’s no way Miami fans give him that long to win a NC let alone a conference championship.

The Miami greats of the past all left while they were popular, which was smart. They never had to see what Miami fans get like when you hurt their feelings.
Every fanbase is like this.

Advertisement
I’m a Mario fan and super glad we landed him, and bringing in a sports minded AD just made me even more happy.

With the fan base we have with usually needing instant gratification, how long does Mario have? Myself, I think he needs 2-3 years, but how long does CIS give him? Two years to win the costal, three years to win the ACC and 5-6 years to have us in national contention is my answer.

So say you?
If he’s recruiting a top 5 class every year he gets more time.

Then he’s got work to do. You know **** well CIS would have run Harbaugh out of town like year 3 for not beating OSU. There’s no way Miami fans give him that long to win a NC let alone a conference championship.

The Miami greats of the past all left while they were popular, which was smart. They never had to see what Miami fans get like when you hurt their feelings.
When would we have ran out Harbaugh? He had 3 10 win seasons in his first 4 years. After 15+ years of mediocrity, I think almost all Canes fans would be ok with that..plus we don't have an OSU or a PSU or even a MSU in our division.

I’m a Mario fan and super glad we landed him, and bringing in a sports minded AD just made me even more happy.

With the fan base we have with usually needing instant gratification, how long does Mario have? Myself, I think he needs 2-3 years, but how long does CIS give him? Two years to win the costal, three years to win the ACC and 5-6 years to have us in national contention is my answer.

So say you?
We need instant gratification? Bro it’s BEEN 20 years with only one 10 w season. Just beat the teams we are supposed to would be an immediate improvement

Advertisement
Listen, Manny Diaz was terrible, and was a few **** points from winning the Coastal with a QB that was thrown into the fire. With TVD having another offseason, and knowing he'll be the starter, he will easily be the best QB in the ACC. If Mario messes this up, there are no excuses. This is the weakest the Coastal has been in ages, and that's saying something. If he can't win this dumpster fire of a division, when the **** will he? I'm not talking winning the ACC, but just the Coastal.

Again, we should have won it this past season with Manny Diaz. If we don't next year with Mario, it'll be the biggest disappointment I can imagine. You don't pay 8 mil a year to not win one of the worst divisions in football. He inherited a roster that can win.

All that being said, I think we walk the Coastal this year. At 8 mil a year, Mario's floor should be higher than Manny's ceiling, and it shouldn't take 2-3 years to prove that.

Not necessarily add a few key guys from the portal and the younger guys improving in second year we should better and schedule is weaker

I mean I hope you’re right, but if that’s to happen, we better be adding some defensive difference makers through the portal. Truly the only way for next year.

Listen, Manny Diaz was terrible, and was a few **** points from winning the Coastal with a QB that was thrown into the fire. With TVD having another offseason, and knowing he'll be the starter, he will easily be the best QB in the ACC. If Mario messes this up, there are no excuses. This is the weakest the Coastal has been in ages, and that's saying something. If he can't win this dumpster fire of a division, when the **** will he? I'm not talking winning the ACC, but just the Coastal.

Again, we should have won it this past season with Manny Diaz. If we don't next year with Mario, it'll be the biggest disappointment I can imagine. You don't pay 8 mil a year to not win one of the worst divisions in football. He inherited a roster that can win.

All that being said, I think we walk the Coastal this year. At 8 mil a year, Mario's floor should be higher than Manny's ceiling, and it shouldn't take 2-3 years to prove that.
Wait till we close the portal. You'll know based on the D players we bring in.

When would we have ran out Harbaugh? He had 3 10 win seasons in his first 4 years. After 15+ years of mediocrity, I think almost all Canes fans would be ok with that..plus we don't have an OSU or a PSU or even a MSU in our division.
I think you overestimate the patience of this place if you think that. Richt won 10 and people were already expecting an ACC championship the next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back