The Mario effect -- why we won't see a drop-off this week

You should go listen to fats Manny Navarro's podcast. He was slurping the USM beat writer he invited on and said that they game was going to be close
he's become unbearable. Lake & Gaby sound like football savants compared to him at this point. He's the same obese idiot on every pod last year said that Diaz is the best Miami can get and nobody would ever wanna coach here

Advertisement
The talent gap is too wide between the 2 teams for their to be a drop off.

Our 3rd & 4th team could beat Southern Miss by 4TD’s with just 3 days of walkthrough.

USM is a really bad team, even by G5 CUSA standards.

I’ll put it to you like this, they lost 38-14 last year to a bad North Texas team that could barely throw the ball, but still gave up over 300 yards rushing, simply because even for UNT the talent gap between them & Southern Miss was just too much for them to overcome.

Miami wins handily, because we simply have significantly better players than them & it’s not even close.

This isn’t App ST, USM is horrendous.
They are starting a true freshman 2* QB. There should be several turnovers and absolutely none of the sloppiness shown against BCC. Anything more than like 200 total yards would be kind of insane

You should go listen to fats Manny Navarro's podcast. He was slurping the USM beat writer he invited on and said that they game was going to be close
Yeah but what do you expect him to say? He's not going to sit there and trash talk the guy.

They are starting a true freshman 2* QB. There should be several turnovers and absolutely none of the sloppiness shown against BCC. Anything more than like 200 total yards would be kind of insane
I think we’ll see more of the actual game plan this week. Defensively everything seemed basic last week. Plus you’d think the veteran staff corrected a lot of the sloppiness after that game. I don’t buy into them resting on their laurels too much.

Advertisement

Our 3rd & 4th team could beat Southern Miss by 4TD’s with just 3 days of walkthrough.

I’ll put it to you like this, they lost 38-14 last year to a bad North Texas team that could barely throw the ball, but still gave up over 300 yards rushing, simply because even for UNT the talent gap between them & Southern Miss was just too much for them to overcome.

Miami wins handily, because we simply have significantly better players than them & it’s not even close.

Thanks for telling them before I did

Southern Miss is in the Sun Belt

Advertisement

Yeah this ain't App for sure. So Miss isn't even old So Miss. They're in a complete rebuild under Hall. Miami should win by 35+

I would be very worried if we came out flat against Southern Miss, that would be very Mannyesque!
God knows I made a fortune betting against Miami on 1st half spread last year!
Just last year?

We came out flat so often I thought it was our team identity. Whenever we had a scuffle in the warmups I bet everything I had on the opposition.

Advertisement
he's become unbearable. Lake & Gaby sound like football savants compared to him at this point. He's the same obese idiot on every pod last year said that Diaz is the best Miami can get and nobody would ever wanna coach here
In his defence Mario is the perfect storm - a Top 5 HC that is an alumni (who has a burning passion to see Miami great again) AND who also has a billionaire brother-in-law AND billionaire mates from the same High School who are all invested in improving the infrastructure of the College.

I don't think anyone else could do what Mario is doing right now.

USM probably won’t challenge our defense much. They’re starting a true freshman quarterback and have to lean heavily on Frank Gore Jr. and the run game. Expect to see a bunch of wildcat looks with Gore at quarterback. They’re almost no threat to throw the ball.

Their defense might be an interesting challenge. Miami is deeper and more talented but they’re not going to sit back with two high safeties and allow Miami to just run the ball at will like BCC did. They’re going to bring a ton of pressure especially on early downs and force Miami to throw the ball downfield. I expect a big game from TVD and it might be a chance to showcase our outside receivers a little bit more.

Some posters are predicting a close game vs Southern Miss because players (and maybe coaches) are thinking about Texas A2M. If this team were run by Lispy's corches, I would expect it, too. But Mario has all but eliminated the trap game / bye-week culture we've seen for so long. How?

TVD too mature not to be locked in
RB competition everywhere
WR competition everywhere
TE youth wants to play, Mallory all business.
OL overseen by Mario and Mirabal, no dropoff

DL competition everywhere
CB youth wants to play
S Avantae mostly sat out, no way he doesn't focus. KK and JW are all business
LB competition everywhere

Mario, Steele, Gattis and Strong will not allow the staff or team to get distracted. I expect a bigtime improvement week over week.

I Hope So Breakfast Club GIF

Advertisement
Wow didn’t know this. Would rather be playing App St this week honestly… need more quality game reps before heading into college station. Hope we adjust quickly to A&M size/speed after playing these 2 games

It will probably take a few series. The goal is to not get down by double digits in the 1st quarter with that 90K crowds drunk going nuts. Have to weather the 1st quarter storm and stay in the game.

Hopefully, this is one of those games where they come out aggressively, from an OL standpoint, using the run to dominate and get the team in gear. Southern Miss gave up > 200 yards on the ground last week. If they do it right, a lot of the passing offense will still be under wraps. I want to see improvement on the defense; everyone playing their responsibilities, no missed tackles; things unrelated to the level of the opponent.

Advertisement
Back