The Late Kick w/ Josh Pate (Miami Mood Tracker Edition)

How is pointing out that FSU finished top 10, brings back their star QB, did well in the portal.. and is favored to win the ACC make him a "half-*** miami fan/cheer for fsu/ fsu slurper"? You're being emotional. Like a child.

How is it childish or emotional pointing out that these high opinions for FSU are nothing more than slurping a team that was only above average because they had a weak schedule and lucked out on the injury front.

Do I hate FSU and only wish the worst for them and does that affect my opinion? Yes. I would think that would be most Miami fans. This site is full of part-time or full-time FSU nut huggers.

Advertisement
How is it childish or emotional pointing out that these high opinions for FSU are nothing more than slurping a team that was only above average because they had a weak schedule and lucked out on the injury front.

Do I hate FSU and only wish the worst for them and does that affect my opinion? Yes. I would think that would be most Miami fans. This site is full of part-time or full-time FSU nut huggers.
I do think FSU out-produced its talent level (even with easy schedule) but I don’t see the issue in what he said. It’s the national sentiment. Hopefully they go 6-6 and we can all laugh.. but Jordan Travis seemed awful impressive at the end of last season. A star QB is a program changer at the college level. Is he a star? We will see. I can hate FSU & still be level headed.

Do I hate FSU and only wish the worst for them and does that affect my opinion? Yes. I would think that would be most Miami fans. This site is full of part-time or full-time FSU nut
I do think FSU out-produced its talent level (even with easy schedule) but I don’t see the issue in what he said. It’s the national sentiment. Hopefully they go 6-6 and we can all laugh.. but Jordan Travis seemed awful impressive at the end of last season. A star QB is a program changer at the college level. Is he a star? We will see. I can hate FSU & still be level headed.
The only level Head I want from FSU is from their Cheerleaders after we open a can of Whoop *** on them this year.

No disagreement, but FSU rising SHOULD put more pressure on everyone. If it doesn’t, that’s concerning. I’m not sure how that’s an unreasonable take.
It's not unreasonable, it's irrelevant. The limits to what we can do are the self-imposed limits we placed on ourselves.

FSU is a non-factor. All they can do is to keep trying to poach our players.

The LSU and Clemson games will determine the trajectory of their seasons. Lose both and they’re 2-2 going into the bye and out of the CFP race. Split them, and with their easy schedule, they have the potential to make some noise.

I think they’ll end up being an 8-10 win team. Any regression or injury of Travis = big trouble.

Advertisement
I’m of the belief Mario has enough drive to push 24/7 for the greatness he personally experienced as a player at Miami, as an assistant coach at Alabama, and as HC at Oregon. Especially after last year’s 5-7 disaster.

Mario, Zo, and Rad couldn’t care less if FSU went 10-2 or 2-10 as long as we beat them.

That stated, FSU and UF rising, even if in perception only, does impact Miami recruiting in State today. We know recruiting is hard and not all HS players grew up Canes fans. Even in South Florida. Didn’t Mario miss on several elite WRs to both schools? Yes, the utter failure of the Canes offense is a key reason but our northern rivals were options for those players.

Our hatred for FSU and UF makes them irrelevant to us but not to players Miami is competing for.

Advertisement
Back